Recent Topics from Community Podcasts

Oh, that annoying Hardmode again for 5% of the players. I am tired of this already and annoyed.

And nothing about normal mode (if you want, call it easy) with buffed content and buffed drops for normal players.

NORMAL MODE FOR NORMAL PLAYERS.
"
angelmanuel27 wrote:
"
In 3.16, we plan to further nerf Fortify to bring it in line with its intended use as a defensive tool for melee characters.

More in line with what exactly? It is a 20% less damage taken buff and you can still get one shotted while it is active, it is not like it is OP or anything, you know?

20% less damage for one gem is PRETTY overpowered. But the nerf is mainly aimed at non-melee builds using it. They stated this in the podcast that they want fortify to be good for melee and not great for non-melee.
"
jerot wrote:
"
impulze3 wrote:
"
In 3.16, we plan to further nerf Fortify

lmao

They were talking about potentially making it scale with Melee damage done. So it would only be a nerf to casters using it on shield charge and such.

When Raider becomes the most tanky class.. its safe to say the game become pretty much fked up!
"
Ok

Hard mode for 0.01%
No Defence mode for the 99.99% rest players

Feels balanced.
Keep monsters powercreep high.

love this comment shows how far "GGG" you are from reality
And your Machiavellian explanation

[...]we do not have any other sweeping nerfs planned in terms of game systems and player power[...]

and after that sentence

[...] In 3.16, we plan to further nerf Fortify to bring it in line with its intended use as a defensive tool for melee characters[...]

you know "GGG" sometimes I think we're talking about two different visions of PoE

- do not mix the CORE of the game on "std" with the content of the league, make a shift in time between them, leave the game on the standard in the form of extended content should be stronger by about 20% (due to Legacy, among other things, and unlimited time)
- let the league have its 4 regions and a smaller number of maps, a faster way to the endgame, focus your attention on the league in such a way that the content of the league is the main topic of the expansion (only later after testing, implement it into CORE) the number of players will tell us all if it is what we want or not
- make changes only in the league ... watch them and do not do such stupid things as in 3.15 (your changes turned out to be not fully balanced, for most of the average compilations it is a literal nerf-hammer, so the game records over 30% of players' departure)
- give long-term players (for example dependent on the time and quantity of supporterpacks bought to avoid abuse) an auction system so that league content can be played actively
- give us an answer about deterministic crafting, or give harvest to at least HC and SSF players to popularize these forms of PoE entertainment
- focus on new skills and changes, but do not destroy old compilations to promote your new ones - which you also stick to the ground (not all of us have time to play 12 hours a day, we have families and yet we have been in the game for almost a decade)
- give us the opportunity to change the names of our characters within the account at least once every six months (so that we can somehow organize our account)
I would write more, but the letter will be too long and nobody will want to read it, but maybe it will serve as a comment --->
Last edited by p_2 on Sep 3, 2021, 7:11:28 AM
"
Phixus wrote:
"
"
While we have already reduced some of the mana nerfs early in Expedition, we will continue to keep an eye on this.

Spell slinger still dead

Reserve tons of mana to auto cast, but you also pay the mana cost

GJ GGG

Amazing work

Keep an eye on that dead spell ty

LOL. One of the best builds in the game currently...that can farm t14-t16 deli maps is an Eye of Winter Spellslinger. Spellslinger isn't dead. It just requires more investment into mana costs/reservations.

Also, one of the first guardian kills in this league came from a spellslinger build.

Eye Of Winter SS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9S3Sm96acM&t=17s

"
Ah yes, new skills being built incredibly specifically around new mechanics can be made to work... very specifically. Chris and Mathil definitely agree with you on this. That's what we need - more laser-focused, pigeonholed builds that can be built only one or two ways. I hated using Spellslinger for leveling and having 4 spells running at once - it wasn't OP, but it was fun, so it had to go.

Take out Eye of Winter and Hydrosphere this patch and where is the viability of the older, dozens of great SS builds? Yeah, they're dead, no exaggeration.

This is a terrible take. My point was that people have proven MULTIPLE TIMES this league that it is still viable. Just because it ISN'T being used immensely like it normally is DOESN'T change that. People play popular things, PERIOD. Spellslinger very clearly still works with plenty of skills. You being pigeonholed into me saying Eye of winter is the only skill is your problem.

People are using it with exsanguinate. People are using it to autocast curses/WoC/etc. There are still PLENTY of ways to use spellslinger. Some of them are still used in main skill setups.

I brought up an extremely strong build with it to show that it IS viable. Just because I brought up only one setup(the strongest that I'm aware of) doesn't mean that is the only way it is viable. That's like bringing up SST bleed and you just going, ITS ONLY VIABLE ONE WAY, which it isn't, and we all know that.

EDIT: To add to this, the person stated the skill was DEAD(meaning unusable). That is very clearly far from the case and I provided CONCRETE evidence of that. It's literally in a setup that can clear almost all content in the game. It can be used in plenty of other setups I'm sure.
Last edited by Phixus on Aug 29, 2021, 10:31:45 PM
I am so glad that GGG's vision of improving the game aligns with the game that I want to play. Very hyped for the next couple of leagues to see what changes they bring.

Expedition's click problem isn't JUST splinters.

1. Click to put circles down,

2. Click detonator

Fight Monster-Actual Gameplay!

3. Click to open chests

4. Click to pick up splinters

5. Click NPC

6. CTRL Click splinters into NPC stash

By the end of it I just want to quit. Too many clicks, too little gameplay.
missunderstanding what player needs will take game to the grave. we need fun. not 'no fun policy' which we see each 3 month. last really fun part of game was fractured maps and its not our problem that servers are laggy as hell. economy with them was really alive, not like now.
thank you
"
Natthy wrote:
Oh, that annoying Hardmode again for 5% of the players. I am tired of this already and annoyed.

And nothing about normal mode (if you want, call it easy) with buffed content and buffed drops for normal players.

NORMAL MODE FOR NORMAL PLAYERS.

+1 Here F hard mode
Pls Fix ur servers pls pls pls ......

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info