Recent Topics from Community Podcasts

Making the atlas smaller with less maps for faster progression, is a terrible solution.

A league is 3-month long, there's supposed to be a progression and investment so that you can attain (farm) something others cannot. What is the point if everyone can farm everything twice as fast ?

Band-aid solution for something that doesn't need it imo.
Affliction and Necropolis are the worst leagues ever to exist. The current game design and direction is atrocious.
I don't understand GGG's intentions. On the one hand they nerf many points to make the game slower and the playing time in a league longer, on the other hand they now want to reduce the size of the atlas to improve the progress in a league. It would be much better to be able to play several strong and interesting characters in a league, than one who feels like he has been reactivated from his retirement at the age of 80.

I would have loved to buy new armor pack for my Storm Brand Assassin, but I'm stuck on yellow maps with Void Batteries, Call of the Brootherhood and Inpulsa's. At the end of the last league I briefly alluded to the build with more worse gear and was able to run T11-14 maps. Since I work full time, I don't need a second job ...
I think Chris had a good attitude in Baeclast.

His attitude in Ziz's interview was just to bring up numbers to justify the poor decision-making on 3.15.

Now you are in a position where you don't want to give in to the community demands, but you will lose a huge part of the community if you don't.

And there is also that personal bias that you are trying to push the game towards hard mode.

I think I'm done with PoE, when I get so mad with an asset it means that I'm too invested in something of which I have 0 control and from that only comes frustration.

Goodbye, and thank you for all the fish.
There is one thing that concern players the most and GGG don't want to talko about it.

TRADE IMPROVEMENTS.

This system dosn't work nobody want to get out of map to trade items they want to play the game... and asking 20ppl for 1 single trade is a huge time gap.
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
Last edited by PsVRTwo on Sep 1, 2021, 2:17:47 PM
Some games applied a system attuning items to players ...
For me it's not only about asking 20 people to get one item. It's about getting 99% trash. I don't want to feel like a trash hunter, I want to hunt treasures.

The relation between the risk to die and the reward feels like infinity. I wished there would be a SSF mode with an intelligent loot. I don't want to loot my gear in some days. But it would be a dream to improve with the loot on higher tier level. I think it will be a dream forever.
I really wish that PoE team will get along Diablo 2 and will just do it's own things.

I remember how it was fun back then when you did what was fun. Now there's only struggle and frustration about what is the cause of death... You nerf players but don't nerf monsters.

Sirus was introduced few leagues ago and yet there are still bugs in the fight.

You don't want to give players ability to use old harvest because it is a "powercreep". Than why just don't make items soulbound?

Oh.. Because "you can't soulbound items in real life" or because you don't want players to use discord to trade? Than upgrade your trading system.

We are spending more time on people then we have to. Technology is already here. Just make it a real AH.

As a proposition: Make softmode for people who just want to chill after a day job in a great game that doesn't have good analogues be yet. SSF with 3.13 harvest crafting available.

Overall be more transparent on your upcoming plans. People would appreciate that.

P.S. you have to do what people are asking for or you'll loose more audience. Just streaming won't be much of the help.
http://i.imgur.com/fxbCnfq.jpg
"
MackBesmirch wrote:
The thing that has ALWAYS made Rare drops not worth the effort is that the tiers of mods have so much random variety and the item levels at which they are possible don't match the character levels that will use them.

Like, I feel that item levels of 74+ is when the mod rolls actually become decent enough to have impact, but when you have a level 74 character, you're still going to want to buy ilvl 84 gear for those rolls. And once you're lvl 74, you can wear almost everything.

And like, outside of a lvl 84 zone, why bother to pick up anything, especially any bases that are not at the top of their item class?

Is there a way to have like... level scaling applied to ilvl like xp scaling is for character leveling? Like, could a lvl 70 item have much more of a chance to roll mods within ~n levels of 70? And less likely to roll mods outside of ~n? I'd pick up lvl 70 rares if there was a 50% chance to NOT roll any mod tiers for ilvl60 or below.

Or even if quality would affect re-rolling an item like it increases the chance of good socket rolling.

So much this. D2 (you know, your ultimate source reference game) managed this 20 years back: lower level mods dropped out of the mod pool as you progressed, higher level mods came in.
Even if all the mods on a dropped item were at or around zone level, maybe 10 levels below, there are so many mods in the pool that the resultant item will often be unusable for your build - if you can roll ANY mod in the pool, with the lowest tier mods apparently as or more likely, then nearly all dropped loot at every level will be trash and even non-traders like me just ignore it or at best vendor for shards without looking.
And that's just on decent level bases. But of course, rusted swords and iron gauntlets can still drop past level 80. Why? No matter how good the mods are... no one will ever pick them up and ID them. Even with Merciless and Flaring mods, it's still a rusted sword.

What was the Diablo phrasing for how an ARPG should work at its heart? "Kill monster, get loot. Kill bigger monster, get better loot". If you have to have special band-aids and switches to not even render 95-99% of loot... you're doing it wrong.
Looking for a mature guild to play with?
http://www.guildmedieval.com
Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.

I understand this is a role playing game, but I don't think the best role to play should be shopkeeper. - AlteraxPoe
Is this available on YouTube or anything?

I missed it.
So the month has changed and the stats are in.

The last time that PoE hit such a low monthly player average was the release of 2.6.0

The peak at that time was half of this launch at only 60k players.

Surely guys, after driving the peak to a high of 157k you have to see that with dips to 12k already that you screwed the pooch.

If you want us to come back to the game. ROLL IT BACK!

Then make the NECESSARY changes and start moving forward again.

It is OK to make mistakes. But own them, accept them and FIX them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info