Feedback on Colourblind Support for Gem Sockets

may just have an option to color itself more stronger?

in POE, i am always confusing between blue and greens.
The cromatic orbs are struggle also it couldn't mouseover to what gems on where so have to click gems every time.
i am really appriciate you do on for colors.
red:circle
blue:square
green:rhombus
white:hexagon

yw
As a colour blind person my suggestion would be if we could add the first letter of the colour - r ( red ) etc ect.
Sorry to ask, but is this really easy to tell the difference? Speaking as a non-color blind person, the differences are so small, I wouldn't call them very noticeable at first glance if I was to separate out sockets by color. You have to specifically look for one marking.

Could maybe the inner or outer circles be changed according to socket color instead?
Can you make the notches bigger or come off of the gem sockets? I cannot see them very well since they are a yellow color and it blends with color of the socket.
Have to agree with the first reply - the blue sockets don’t have a visible notch when a link is in the same position. Given your screenshot demonstrates this issue I’m a little disappointed it needed to be pointed out. I think an orthogonal triangle rotated differently would be superior to notched circles.

While I’m not personally colourblind, I do really appreciate you working on this.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
I dont get why this is happening instead of just using the ones from poe 4.0 (or is this idea going to that instead?)

Im not colorblind but people on reddit said it doesnt matter if its hidden because they can tell if its blue or white

I think i like the idea of the R B G W (Abyss) inside the socket but this isnt for me :P
Maybe its worth using something 9 years old
Finally GGG, I've always been amazed on how you never touched this topic in 8 years.
Thanks GGG for this encouraging direction for us color-blind people. As a long time veteran of POE, (9 Year Anniversary Aug 1st) I have struggled with the Red and Green sockets and gems. For me, I always hold the gem over the socket to match it, if it matches I am good. I have looked at your notch suggestion...it has promise, but it doesn't really remedy the challenge of the colors...being similar. (Honest for me) its a real struggle. How about...A tiny upper-case letter, B-Blue...R-Red, G-Green. All it has to be is a tiny little letter, similar to where your notch is...easy...problem solved, or in the center of the circle as someone posted. That way your not really changing the colors, (different colors of green or red)...just identifying the socket designation. Honestly I have thought about this for along time...and I think it would be an easy...unobtrusive bonus to the players like me. Also you could add a button designation in the UI options to turn it on or off...easy...makes everyone happy!

Keep up the great work GGG!

Thanks for helping us "pigment challenged" people who love the game!!!
Last edited by Gamr23 on Sep 1, 2021, 12:39:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info