Feedback on Colourblind Support for Gem Sockets

You got the idea... You guys can also see how pro I´m at paint
"
tinnsiah wrote:
Maybe something like this might work better visually? :)

Embed R,G,B,W inside the sockets.

I like this. The lines shown in the OP are ok but if you are going to change something i think it should be more visible than the lines are.

Im glad this is finally getting traction, this game has been the worst experience ive ever had gaming from a colorblind perspective.
Still waiting for a written summary of all these podcasts Chris keeps attending.
Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition, is followed by madness.
How about having two notches instead of one, to keep the original idea while fixing the current blue/top notch problem?

BLUE : Top Left, Top Right
RED : Top Left, Bottom Left
GREEN: Top Right, Bottom Right
White: None
I am not affected, but 2 different solutions come to mind.
First of all its 4 textures I assume.
Maybe a system where people can pick their own colors for sockets would work best for all different kinds of color blindness.
So have four color pickers in the menu somewhere.

the second solution would be to have shapes. There is no reason not to have shapes because the gems can only be socketed in coresponding colors - apart from white.
So have circle, square, triangle sockets - and maybe even have gems represent that shape in some way. and maybe a star for white.

The indicators you are thinking of atm are way too little of a change. think bigger. rethink the whole thing.
What is wrong with SQUARE, TRIANGLE, and CIRCLE?

STAR? DIAMOND?

Who is running the circus?
Last edited by brien8cake on Aug 31, 2021, 9:23:03 PM
The notches are a good idea, but again, the upward for blue could be a problem. One potential way of solving this would be to make the notches go across the gem slot in the center.

INT = I
STR = -
DEX = /

Gems are not in slots when trading and using chromatic orbs so this solution would solve that problem. Whatever solution you guys decide upon, I am grateful that you are doing this for color blind individuals.
I would like to share my ideas in below picture.
Hope this can help.

Also, please consider adding a numeric/text indication of the "maximum number of links" for the item. e.g. 5(five), 6(six) at say the top left or right corner. This can help to reduce scamming.

Last edited by suitto on Aug 31, 2021, 9:30:02 PM
Why not do it like what you already did in the preview of PoE 2 skill system, so that it will match when PoE 1 merge with PoE 2?

Engraved symbols around the socket:

Red = spiral lines diagonally

Blue = lines perpendicular around the socket

Green = small triangles

I do think it's a good solution, it's non-intrusive but obvious, doesn't break immersion, & easier to implement since the solution has already existed.
"A game IS supposed to waste your time but it's not supposed to make you FEEL like you're wasting your time:
It's supposed to make you WANT to waste your time."
Is GGG really this stupid? Lmao, wow.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info