Feedback on Colourblind Support for Gem Sockets

this post has to be a prank right? tiny little notches, one of which (blue) is entirely invisible due to links? One of which (on the bow) is invisible because its the exact same color as the item behind it? Hell, even GGG had to ZOOM IN to even see these changes and show them to the players...

I'm not colorblind, but I still have some trouble occasionally seeing the colors at a distance especially on specifically colored items. What is the major roadblock folks at GGG have to ACTUALLY researching/making a real correction to this?

Frankly this "solution" is insulting and not worth debating. This shouldn't be a "subtle" solution, it should be a SOLUTION solution.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Sep 1, 2021, 12:24:44 PM
You could change the shape of the sockets. Triangle for green, Square for red and circle for blue?
Not a color blind person. It took me a second to figure out what was different about these sockets before I saw the ticks. They should have been bands instead of ticks IMO, like what you did with sextants.

I am Colourblind so this is good news to me because every league I screw up my sockets atleast once and its usually on a corrupted item and.. Well anyways.

Overall I like this setup but the blue ones are hard to see with links. Would it be possible to do double tick marks parallel to each other so they are spread out a bit and would not line up with the links and just be a bit more eye catching?

Also, consider the alternate appearances to be Under the gems as a possibility. Once a socket is filled telling them apart is less important.
It looks like everyone wants either a more noticeable notch in an angle that doesn't collide with links, or a different shape (either subtle or not) for different colours in the socket department. I agree both these suggestions are super valid and could help a lot; and though I'm not colorblind I can see asosiating a color with a diferent shape or notch can make a difference c:
. Ofc needs more polishing and style .This is just the basic concept.
all look the same to me
I notice a lot of people providing feedback that the BLUE line will get covered when socket goes "UP".

I presume this design is with PoE2 in mind, where all sockets will link laterally in the future skill gem system.

Either way, i'm sure there are some small tweaks that can be made with minimal dev work to round out this feature.

Thanks GGG for listening!!

Tons of good suggestions in this thread GGG - go over it carefully. Most of them superior to your concept. Most would be pretty easy to implement too.

Easy PR points are win.
Thank Le Toucan that they asked for feedback. This is one of the worst accessibility implementations I've ever seen in 20 years of software development.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info