Scourge let me down hard...im already bored of the entire league and have no interest in it anymore

For starters there were so many additional nerfs from last league

It feels like nothing has changed since last league when we lost over 50% dmg for most builds

The league mechanic itself is so boring and unrewarding

Not only is it boring

I hate interacting with it

Charging up a bar and then pressing V to enter this "scourge" zone and then having a timer to kill shit and then teleporting back where I was when I pressed V

Wow this has got to be the worst league concept of modern poe

It's got everything that I hate

#1 - a timer

#2 - backtracking in maps

#3 - no visual clarity

#4 - overtuned mobs

#5 - no rewards

#6 - no loot

#7 - league mechanic blocks doors

I was so hyped for this league

I bought a supporter pack

I regret buying it and putting any money into this game

All the hype was mostly lies

All the promised buffs were mostly b.s.

This entire league is such a let down I was so excited to have something to play over the next month

But now?

I'm already done with this trash
Last edited by Bloomania on Oct 29, 2021, 4:09:27 AM
Last bumped on Nov 1, 2021, 5:33:10 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
You hate strong monsters and timers? What are you doing playing this game then?
"
All the hype was mostly lies

All the promised buffs were mostly b.s.

This entire league is such a let down I was so excited to have something to play over the next month

But now?

I'm already done with this trash

They are good at marketing and failed at making a good league and improving the game. It is so much less (MULTIPLIER!) enjoyable than 3.13 and 3.14. With all the changes that seemed rushed and buggy (skill tree stun, impale etc.) I assume they slapped together projects they had in the pipeline unfinished and hastily to get a good marketing package without having the time to test it. We are testing it now and it sucks.

"
Johny_Snow wrote:

It is the inconsistency that is annoying, the damage spikes. If you play a T1 map you expect the league mechanic to be on that level. Otherwise you just straight out skip it or play the mechanic on a map tier that is lower than what you would normally clear.
"

I was so hyped for this league

I bought a supporter pack

maybe.. just dont do it next time?

pre-orders already corrupted gaming industry. but you can at least get a refund on pre-order or cancel it if the game turns out crap

you have no chance with 'supporter' pack.

next time make an informed decision

"
Johny_Snow wrote:

Enjoying the other aspects of the game which aren't time gated and not littered with overtuned mobs?

Like, are we going to ignore Expedition, Blight, Betrayal, Harbinger, Delve, Heist, to name a few? We can also throw Metamorph onto the pile, build-a-boss league deserves to get away with being overtuned because of how rewarding it is, plus it's pretty much the only boss rush league we've ever gotten.

Not every league has to cater to speed clear focused players. Almost all of the most rewarding content in this game is catered to that level of playstyle, juicing maps with monsters and blitzing them at unbelievable speed. Delirium remains one of the most rewarding leagues in the game, and stacking it with Scourge is only going to make it even more so. PoE needs more leagues that are slower, but more rewarding for players who don't like running Toxic Rain or Tornado Shot builds and clearing maps in under a minute.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Oct 29, 2021, 8:54:45 AM
Are you saying that leagues like expedition, blight and delve did not have overtuned mobs? You can even argue that Blight had a timer and if you are slow you lose.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Are you saying that leagues like expedition, blight and delve did not have overtuned mobs? You can even argue that Blight had a timer and if you are slow you lose.

Nowhere near as overtuned as what we've seen in Scourge. At least I always know what killed me in Blight and Expedition. In Scourge, sometimes I feel like something looked at me funny, and all of a sudden I buckle over.

Blight having a fail state is not the same as having a timer. Additionally, you can avoid failing the encounter by understanding how to use towers. There are already videos claiming to complete the new ravaged blight maps using whatever build you want, so long as you know how to set up towers.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Oct 29, 2021, 9:14:30 AM
Thats like your personal opinion, man. I find scourge much easier than the barrage of ranged attacks seen in blights or the shield guys seen in expeditions.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Thats like your personal opinion, man. I find scourge much easier than the barrage of ranged attacks seen in blights or the shield guys seen in expeditions.

Ranged blight enemies can easily be dealt with by using an arc tower, especially if supported by a T3 aura tower. If they're under a bubble, anoint a ring to have meteors apply burning ground which ignore it. Expedition shield mobs have very poor movement and turn speed, just kill everything else and jump right behind them.

The problem with Scourge is that, unlike Blight and Expedition, the mobs move lightning fast. The most basic trash Scourge mobs you first encounter in act 1 are as fast as the Ghouls in the prison. They can swarm you very easily, plus they have enough health to eat your damage long enough to get within reach of you.

Last edited by Pizzarugi on Oct 29, 2021, 9:41:06 AM
part of the overtuning is the fact that once you have 200 stacks in the nightmare and you have a couple of damage mods on the map even the puniest white mobs are lethal.

I like the mechanic but would prefer it if rather than doubling the rewards they halved the monster buff and/or extended the timer so those of us not into speed play could spend more time in there.

I almost quit too when i'd just got into white maps and I'd had a stressful day and just wanted to run some easy early maps but died constantly to scourge mobs.
Came back to it with a clearer head and now I jump out much more quickly and if I want an easier ride I run normal or magic maps (like back in the old days).

Every league is like this though, there's the overtuned bit with crashes at the beginning where no-one really knows how to get the most rewards, or play the mechanic optimally... we should be coming through that phase very soon... then it settles down and we learn how to adjust playstyle (then quit because we hate it).

I used to buy a supporter pack for every league I played, but after a string of disappointments I'm just hanging on to my money until I regain faith in the development direction.... not quite there yet for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info