Will Sentinel Become a Core Path of Exile Mechanic?

Kill Harvest as well and then we'll be gaming!
Absolutely baffling.

Just drop recombinators from the core game. My god. Why are you like this? FUCK.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
Slightly surprised. Sounds like there’s some plans brewing behind the scenes :D
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
MandrulDuce wrote:
The league mechanic could have not gone core the way it is now.
It's fine for a league but having to manage 2x2 items and have a separate little skill tree for them (on top of the passive tree and the atlas passive tree) for a mechanic that is another one of many is just not feasable. I am glad you are taking your time to rethink it through. Designing a league to be just that (a league) is one thing.. having it blend into the core game with no issue is a whole different issue.

As for recombinators, I wish I could give some suggestions on how to balance them but I don't usually like expception-based systems (this currency works this way.. but not with fractured items in conjunction with other fractured items, etc...). That is how you end up with spaghetti code and confusion.

I had a lot of fun and took full advantage of the recombination system, but without a clear sugestion on how to balance them, I am more at peace with them being removed than If they were to become hard capped or realistically accessible to 1% of the playerbase.

Also, for everyone here complaining that this feels like "borrowed power"... look at it from a different perspective. We get to play these temporary leagues, have OP shit that we interact with for 3 months, make some items that will never be obtainable again and next league start over with some other OP mechanic.
Isolated OP mechanics are fun and don't do any harm to the game. Making every one of them go core and having to deal with and balance around the compounded effect of all of them being present at once is what limits design to such an extent that we get leagues like archnemesis.

So.. personally I am looking forward to 3.19.

I wish we had an upvote button.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Last edited by LuKthu on Jul 18, 2022, 7:47:36 PM
I dont understand what GGG is cooking up.

Recombinators, universally loved ... why not core? Having a good use for all the otherwise trash ground items and for god knows what reason, thats not instantly going core ?

Sentinels sure, nobody really cares.

But the Recombinators ... next league better be absolute incredible to compensate, as this is otherwise a pretty terrible move.
next league better be awesome, no idea why you would remove one of the funniest mechanics in the league yet, 14-18k ppl still playing everyday cause of this stuff if anything just make them more rare and make the success rates lower but remove them completely smh what wrong with you guys ;_; is something in next league gonna be craft based to don't understand it.

Played over 500+ hrs this league great mechanics and you just remove it and not just nerf it down a bit...
I like the recombinator system but yeah i feel like the game has too many league mechanics per map, even if you block some of them so i like the idea of sentinel not going core.
That being said i would rather have sentinel than ritual or bestiary tbh.
Excellent news.

But now that Sentinels are gone, please make sure that you bring drop rates back as they were last patch.

Nerfing "core" drops just because Sentinels were too broken was a terrible decision. Please never think of doing anything like that ever again.
Last edited by Iggy5150 on Jul 18, 2022, 8:12:40 PM
R.I.P.

Am happy with this decision.
Sentinels only add extra and unnecessary button to press. Just review and buff the base drop of good items and currencies.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info