Will Sentinel Become a Core Path of Exile Mechanic?

Sad but not surprising and I am ok with it. Thanks for a great league, GGG!
Recombinators =my favourite part of the game since 3.13 harvest, butchered, F

And Delete damn torment finally
3.13 Was the best league ever!
3.18 Rest in peace my beloved recombinators, I'm gonna miss you...
Last edited by Anngrat on Jul 18, 2022, 6:40:58 PM
I hope we get a league with a decent mechanic soon that actually has some depth to it. No more mechanics where the interaction is 1 button cough cough scourge/sentinel. Archnem was basically “craft your essence mob”. Would be nice to see a mechanic with some depth like heist, lab, delve, etc. Sure these take more effort to build but players are getting bored of “hey they added a button… (next league) “hey they changed what that button does” leagues. Something with some depth would actually be worth keeping . Last ok league was expedition but it’s still no heist/delve

Also please make Vaal side areas worth entering. That would be a good mechanic to rework and expand on.
You can nerf recombinators but don't take them completely away from us. How dare you. This is disgusting. I am going to vomit everywhere.
Actually really glad to hear it. I don't have an amateur game designer argument for it, but I just really bounced off Sentinel super hard. It's the first league I've washed out of.

Some time to reconsider it will be welcome.
Every death brings me life.
It was a really nice as it's own league but I feel like it'd have to be simplified like Harvest was if it were to go core.

Edit: Like others have said this could be a reimagining of Torment if we're continuing down the line of shelving old mechanics.
Last edited by cantbelieveitsboat on Jul 18, 2022, 7:00:40 PM
alright based
Stuff like recombinators will be missed.

Keeping a way to make meh builds more viable is great. Sadly they're also great for making the overpowered builds more overpowered.

Removing recombinators accentuates the gap between skills.

Keeping the archnemesis no loot - full degens everywhere - permanent debuffs frankly stupid functionality effects also accentuates the gap between skills. If we can't kill whatever in time, at a distance, never stopping and not looting, we fail and can't proceed at what is the new baseline NORMAL game progression. 75 all res is a laughable start, with just that and no max res extra, we're silly noobs.

Your balance for the new bits of the game will need a lot of extra work just to keep the game sane. A rebalance not just to keep the few skills down but it cannot touch the regular damage output skills.
The gap gets wider and wider.

You need to do some basic groundwork as well. Hand out determination to all classes at npc if it's required to play. Make it a white gem or remove stat requirement, reduce mana reservation, add it earlier.

As has been mentioned, running the same defenses gets old fast. Molten shell. Defiance banner seems universal. Determination. Blind. Culling. If you're not on the right skill in hc start, you're at a disadvantage and very slow in the absurd new act 1. The list is long where all the play must be the same soup of defenses and it all smells like lovage, it tastes like lovage it looks like lovage and you sprinkle a toppping with a skill for cosmetics.

Yet we see people supposedly top gamers also fail and die despite all running the exact same bunch of skills. Even fairly frequent deaths and fails, unless they run the current best skills. If they do, they're dead a little bit less frequently.

That means the buffs or the nerfs will need to be rather insane. A terrible state of the game, the more of the AN muddy pea-souper fog of war you keep or throw in. The more same flavour defenses required. Not immune to freeze and not stun immune and not 100% spell suppression? Should have had spell block!

Why is suppression on evasion base only, by the way? That's well poopy functionality when it's required. "Try to get your needed colours on this, noob!"

It's such a mess. It was currently ameliorated by some easy access, no base 50 ex needed, available to anyone recombinatiors. That band aid gets ripped off now. Fix the wound well, the gap is vast.
Last edited by Treme2 on Jul 18, 2022, 7:01:42 PM
Bummer. The recombinators have been some of the most fun I've had with crafting since beta.
Whoever did not like sentinels most probably did not know how to make a bada** character, who can handle them. I like how things change with sentinels. It spices up the challenge. This game was never made to be easy, anyway. I'd leave sentinels where they are or actually try to improve them. It's not like the end game stuff - if you can't afford it - you can't enter. Now you can make the game ever harder and more rewarding on early stages thanks to sentinels. I hope they will be back soon. Cheers!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info