Will Sentinel Become a Core Path of Exile Mechanic?

so they destroyed prophecy for sentinel... and then nuke sentinel because people didn't enjoy the league. I WONDER WHY PEOPLE HAD ISSUES WITH THE LEAGUE, it can't be the arch mods that had to be "rebalanced" 10 times official, and gods know how many unofficial unwritten changes they made. I mean more power to GGG, but at least be honest.

Recombs aren't exactly powerful, the ability to take unique mods from multiple league mechanics was. that is how someone made like a 30% mom chest with many recovery, or a 4,000 es chest. That is why sentinel is going away. The loot was meh, the mechanic kind of boring, and the crafting sucked for 90% of the pop. But some really tryhard person used 1000s of exalts in recombs and other currency to make some primo gg crap and GGG hated it.

Can you guys at least buff passives in the passive tree to matter, or give any real build choice. I guess not. I guess I just have to find two perfect cluster jewels and ignore the entire skill tree, like every league since they were introduced.

also delete all the recom items. it is obvious you hate them in this state. delete the recoms too until you are ready to "reintroduce" them. Give the currency hoarders a taste of what it is like to be a truly new player in this game when GGG takes away all the toys.
Last edited by roundishcap on Jul 18, 2022, 9:22:32 PM
"
jrockjake wrote:
So you finally come up with a good way to use badly rolled bases, and then you take it away.

Classic GGG. [Removed by Support]

Yes, that's the fun of the new leagues.
"
oa7x wrote:
i just want ultimatum back

I miss Ultimatum <3
Such a disappointment. Recombs enabled so many insane builds (cwtd that isn't one shot per say) and finally made a new interesting crafting mechanic that allowed many mods from different bases to actually be useful. GGG, please rethink this decision, otherwise it will just throw the entire crafting process back into a boring routine, which it became in the couple of past leagues due to a luck of new mechanics.

RIP recombinators
...Why the hell post this now? Now people have a full month to stack up the things you don't want them to keep, and they are pretty much dead to people who want to make fun crafts with them. Prices have jumped 400-800% since this dumb announcement and now my fun for the last month of the league is kinda just gone? neat
Recombinators are cool and a truly excellent item sink, but they are stupidly powerful. I would have much preferred a middle-ground nerf than to just remove them and say "we'll add em in later" (Ultimatum anyone?).

I agree with a lot of people saying that Sentinel would be a great replacement for Torment, which is basically a worthless and uninteractive mechanic nowadays. Similar to the original Harvest changes where instead of out-of-map micromanaging we just picked up a single-use, random rolls Sentinel from a shrine-like object and used it in that map.

ALl in all, I am a little bit dissapointed in this decision, but I certainly see where you're coming from.
Yes finally, Ty vm for doing this. Recombinators were overpowered and definitely not balanced. Really bad for the longevity of the game. Really glad, GGG gone this route and not the harvest route. Imo, these should have been hotfixed like arch nem mods, but still ggg chose not to change them for the whole league. Good Riddance, hope they never come back.
Unsurprising, no idea how it would have been integrated within the base game. Would like to see it again someday but won't be sad to not see it again either.
We lose awesome leagues like this and get to keep utter bullshit like Talisman, some "visions" are beyond normality. In this instance, players and game stability matter less than this "vision".

It's this type of attitude that has caused many small focussed development companies to fail in the end, but hey what can be expected for such stubborness.
As always thank you for your time. Be well Exiles.
Good thing archnemesis and another 10 trash mechanics went core.
HC balance should be separate from SC I don't care which outdated 1993 game dev philosophy this goes against. youtube/twitch.tv/DESPAIR268

REVERT SUNDER :) REVERT SEISMIC CRY :) REVERT IMPALER :) REVERT GAME :)) MAKE DUALWIELD GREAT AGAIN :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info