Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra Challenge Rewards

The helmet attach is nice, but the rest of it is not for me. Not a fan of moth/butterfly wings.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Reaaaally hope it's not chock full of conditional challenges again.

Problem: You want to complete a challenge.

Solution: Kill the Searing Exarch during a blood moon at precisely 2:59AM in 15' celcius weather while a leprechaun is nearby playing Enter the Sandman on a lute.

Another major concern is requiring us to mangle our atlas tree when we just want to do content we enjoy.

That said, seeing the breakpoints at 4-6-8-10, and cycling, is a huge improvement. This way everybody can earn stuff. Awesome!

I also hope to see the ability to change mtx tiers of cosmetics you earned at any point (aka if you earned all 4 weapon mtx tiers, you gained all 4 as separate skins to equip).

edit: Nvm, Nick_GGG confirmed it on Reddit:
"
In Lake of Kalandra, you'll have the option to select a lower tier version of a microtransaction you want to use. This feature will work on these challenge rewards, as well as any other microtransactions we've released that have tiers.
Saweet!
Last edited by dizz on Aug 17, 2022, 8:58:44 PM
These look incredible. Can we change the tier later on or once it's upgraded it's final? I don't want to avoid doing challenges to keep tier 3 of each for example.
"
"
WNDSamurai wrote:
finalllyyyyyyyy

Edit : again I love this new version of challenges Rewards , And these looks absolutely FANTASTIC

Balanced Between casuals so they won't miss the whole rewards , and hardcores so they get rewarded for focusing on the game

Edit 2 : Looking forward to try the 38 Challenges version of the rewards with The Ivory Tower *o*
Im still pretty new, so we can earn these just by completing challenges throughout the league? No type of battlepass or anything I have to buy

No battlepass or anything else needed. You can get these just by completing the challenges.
Hi GGG team. Artistically it is well designed and seems to be of great quality. Congratulations.

How much fits into a bloody dark RPG, not much to be honest.

Going to fight and save wraeclast dressed as a butterfly and with sparkly pebbles on the weapons and around the character, doesn't seem realistic to me and definitely doesn't fit into the world of Path Of Exile.
The helm attachment is probably the only thing that fits.
But I'm not even surprised by that anymore, since they created clowns and fairies in the mystery boxes.

It's really sad in the game's towns to see characters like this decorated as if they were going to Carnival in Rio and not to a mass slaughter.

I honestly don't know if I'm going to play this league since my goal is to make challengers to receive the MTX, but since these are far from my taste, I'll possibly pass this league.

Have a great day and I hope you get better inspiration for the next MTX in the future (I just hope that the MTX from the new and upcoming mystery boxes are more appropriate for the game than these MTX from the challengers.)
Last edited by IComeYouDie on Aug 17, 2022, 8:56:05 PM
"
How much fits into a bloody dark RPG, not much to be honest.

The weapon mtx can fit thematically. It's a magically enchanted weapon. Not everything needs to be dark and grim.

But yeah I can understand the fairy wings concerns.
These look absolutely fantastic.
But I do have a question, will we get the tiers as separate items? or will it be a case of once they are upgraded that is it?
Because I like some of the lower tiers but I still want to do my challenges?
I like this new Tier system Challenge rewards. It feels less daunting because there's a small gap between the next tier of reward compared to the old system. And the overall cosmetic reward felt refreshed & more satisfying to complete because you're working towards a more unified goal (complete the whole themed set).

I'll try playing this league to check what's changed. I hope taking a break from the past league will renew my excitement about playing PoE again.
"A game IS supposed to waste your time but it's not supposed to make you FEEL like you're wasting your time:
It's supposed to make you WANT to waste your time."
Although I don't really care for the theming- I want simple, gritty looking stuff befitting of Wraeclast, the tier system is very welcome.

I do hope we will get all versions we have unlocked or a way to toggle them though as I prefer the effects to be more subtle and don't want to have to AVOID doing challenges to not screw up the rewards I actually want.

It reminds me when I was like 5 years old and wanted the medium sized stuffed animal. I was given the extra large one. I appreciated the intent to do something nice for me. But I did actually just want the medium sized one more.

So I hope we can toggle.
Last edited by Andvareel on Aug 17, 2022, 8:57:59 PM
"
NOOOOO YOU CANT PUT FAIRY WINGS IN MY DARK AND GRITTY GAME

You can literally be a chaos orb and shoot out cats
Cassia supremacy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info