What will happen when the Trial of the Ancestors ends?

I am glad I got to play it, but also glad it wont be sticking around.
How shocking, it was pretty obvious that tota won't go core. Honestly for better goods.
Quite a shame that tattoos probably won't find their way into the core game cause they can be quiet useful. Guess they ain't PoE2 friendly enough to deserve a spot in the core game hoho
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Oh. Dang.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
I'm going to miss the lore and voice acting a great deal. A lot of work, effort, and story went into this one and it was massively appreciated.

The actual league mechanic not so much, I'm always content when GGG leaves certain content behind as a fun experiment and not as a mandatory evergreen feature. Which is a long way of saying that I despised Sentinel and Kalandra and am glad they're dead, and sometimes even things that mostly worked - like Ancestor - don't need to be carved into the game forever.

Still, gonna miss Utula, that bug-eyed blood drinker.
Every death brings me life.
Can't say I'm too fond of this pattern of nothing going core anymore. Tasting Sentinel for the first time last week for example, leaves me baffled at how it's not in the main game.
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97
Necropolis: 98
Not sure what the big huff is about. I couldn't stand TOTA admittedly, it was boring and too oneshotty at 2000 ranking (and way before), but I'm 98% sure much of the league will eventually go core. But GGG will take a league or two to rework stuff until it does.

Tattoos ought to go core at least, tho hopefully the combat mechanic itself does not.
I hardly touched the league mechanic, but bought tattoos! They need to come back.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Again another league where content is introduced, then taken away

Which means we are back to the state of the game from long-ago

List of leagues and which ones went core

Ancestor league - Not core
Crucible league - Not core
Sanctum league - Core
Kalandra league - Not core
Sentinel league - Not core
Archnemesis league - Not core
Scourge league - Not core
Expedition league - Core
Ultimatum league - Not core
Ritual league - Core

So only 3 leagues went core since 2021-01-15

BTW ( My opinion regarding Ritual and Ultimatum)
Spoiler
Ultimatum is > Ritual, almost identical league mechanics but Ultimatum was far more enjoyable to interact with

Very surprised that ToTA not going core, considering it had the best retention POE has seen in a VERY LONG TIME

Looks like a bad decision to me
Last edited by Bloomania on Nov 19, 2023, 7:12:41 PM
They said TotA is not going core in 3.23.

I assume it will go core at some point. They prob never want another Harvest issue again, where they release it and then making sweeping nerfs.

I would bet they are combing it over before it goes core.
Last edited by sumfight on Nov 19, 2023, 7:14:52 PM
Tatoos should go core. Removing them is a mistake. It's an elegant solution for fine tuning. They feel right. They feel like they was always in game. It fits thematically to the game. Removing them is cuting a limb of the game. I hoped GGG also would see this. Danger of a bit power creep should be acceptible if something great created in games progression. This makes game less than what it is now. It's sad.
Last edited by Undicesimo on Nov 19, 2023, 7:29:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info