Path of Exile: Affliction Teasers

dont worry, he still gonna die in yellow maps... #nolife
MAKE LEFT CLICK GREAT AGAIN.
thats Bob cousin.... Billy Bob
Keep up the good work. Thanks for all the content you give us.
Chris Wilson came to me in a dream and said:

"I used to be an exile like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee. Don't worry, melee buffs are coming."

I'm curious, why doesn't the league mechanic split the wisps between party members? It feels difficult to prefer party play this league, just wondering if that's intentional or not.
OP POG!
"
SalamDeCapra wrote:

I'm curious, why doesn't the league mechanic split the wisps between party members? It feels difficult to prefer party play this league, just wondering if that's intentional or not.

You know this for fact that the league mechanic wont split the wisps between party and its gonna be solo once again?
"
SlimShady63 wrote:
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
Why remove Metamorph?

Removing Perandus was a mistake

Removing Prophecy and Metamoprh especially were mistakes.

Prophecy allowed you to modify your maps in a somewhat deterministic way. Frogs, rats, tempests.

Perandus gave you a chance to get a unique deterministically.

Metamorph gave you more challenging mobs that you can get in a map and gave you an extra boss you can fight on top of another boss you can fight later with combining the pieces.

Removing alt gems from Heist makes no sense either. Like, why? Legitimately, why? They can't keep it on top of adding new content?

There is no reason to remove previous content considering the engine CAN handle it and the devs stated multiple times that it can. Runescape for instance has content that is still in the game that was released back in 1998.

The whole "league popularity" argument makes no sense either and sounds like another easy cop-out reason to remove content.

Like I legitimately don't understand these decisions. It's not content bloat, this is just an easy cop-out way for you to remove more content that your team would have to keep track of in upcoming updates.

You forgot Harvest. Harvest was removed as well, now it's just a crafting bench. I can see them deleting/replacing it next league as well.
I loved Harvest in its second form: you kill mobs, get a bunch of crafts, use them on the bases you have, or sell them, make money. Now it feels shallow. Harvest has no soul, might as well remove it entirely and find a way to move the crafts somewhere else.

seems to me that the pattern is, that GGG is removing anything that might give the player a deterministic way to obtain something.

Stop RNG-gating everything GGG. I like unexpected RNG-blessed loot drops/craft mods BUT not all need to be gamba-based.

Also btw, I like delve too. Lab sucks, too repetitive. Will miss Metamorph.
player agency, where?

"do you guys not have phones?" - blizz 2018
"do you guys not have 2 monitors, 3 overlays, 4 discord, 5 websites, 6 loot filters?" - ggg or smth 2024
"deal with it" - ggg, 2024
"
juuraa1 wrote:
"
SalamDeCapra wrote:

You know this for fact that the league mechanic wont split the wisps between party and its gonna be solo once again?

Chris Wilson came to me in a dream and told me so.

It's in the league reveal Q&A.
"
iParadoxG wrote:
"
SlimShady63 wrote:
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
Why remove Metamorph?

Removing Perandus was a mistake

Removing Prophecy and Metamoprh especially were mistakes.

Prophecy allowed you to modify your maps in a somewhat deterministic way. Frogs, rats, tempests.

Perandus gave you a chance to get a unique deterministically.

Metamorph gave you more challenging mobs that you can get in a map and gave you an extra boss you can fight on top of another boss you can fight later with combining the pieces.

Removing alt gems from Heist makes no sense either. Like, why? Legitimately, why? They can't keep it on top of adding new content?

There is no reason to remove previous content considering the engine CAN handle it and the devs stated multiple times that it can. Runescape for instance has content that is still in the game that was released back in 1998.

The whole "league popularity" argument makes no sense either and sounds like another easy cop-out reason to remove content.

Like I legitimately don't understand these decisions. It's not content bloat, this is just an easy cop-out way for you to remove more content that your team would have to keep track of in upcoming updates.

You forgot Harvest. Harvest was removed as well, now it's just a crafting bench. I can see them deleting/replacing it next league as well.
I loved Harvest in its second form: you kill mobs, get a bunch of crafts, use them on the bases you have, or sell them, make money. Now it feels shallow. Harvest has no soul, might as well remove it entirely and find a way to move the crafts somewhere else.

seems to me that the pattern is, that GGG is removing anything that might give the player a deterministic way to obtain something.

Stop RNG-gating everything GGG. I like unexpected RNG-blessed loot drops/craft mods BUT not all need to be gamba-based.

Also btw, I like delve too. Lab sucks, too repetitive. Will miss Metamorph.

Perandus wasn't deterministic, it was a randomized cost of coins and randomly generated loot.

Scarabs allow you to modify your maps in a deterministic way as well as Vaal fragments, Delirium orbs, map crafts and beasts even.
Plenty of the additional content to find in maps gives you more challenging mobs.

These transfigured gems are just alternate quality gems 2.0. Probably much better.

It is content bloat, and content the majority of players never used, and you can combine things into more current content to effectively keep it at the same time, like in the recent past combining Beyond with Scourge and now Metamorph with Ultimatum and Labyrinth with Alternate Gems. There weren't many people who ran Labyrinth and Metamorph, and this will make both more desirable to run while also effectively keeping the content. You still obtain catalysts, you still get enchants, but for gems that will be better than both the armour enchants and previous alternate quality gems.

Harvest crafting was changed so other types of crafting still had a purpose and value, really. You can determine an outcome, it doesn't have to be 100% chance.
Last edited by Dmon607 on Dec 2, 2023, 5:54:28 PM
Do I understand correctly that Unending Hunger will be removed from the game? Or rather its property will probably be changed to enchanting gems?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info