Transfigured Gems Part 2

Flicker coc discharge incoming
I wonder why people complain that Gem XY is not in the list.
Gems are released from day to day as they finish, simple as that.
I also wonder why people complain the release is too late to plan around Gem XY.
All normal Gemchanges are released, why you need to plan your leaguestart build around a transfigured Gem since you won't aquire it in Act 1, maybe after some hours in the league if you're lucky.

GGG keep going!
If the Transfigured gems are meant to be strictly better you may want to look at Explosive Trap of Shrapnel again.

The net effect of the radii changes means that you get 30%-40% less central overlap on average, which translates to about a 40-50% nerf to single/central target(s) DPS multiplier. All in exchange for wider *but lower* average damage per mob AoE coverage - because all targets in the AoE will get hit with fewer "small" explosions, not just the central "primary/single" target(s) (it's actually even worse on the edges). This is before factoring in the 20% better damage effectiveness, but it would have to do *a lot* of work to make up for such a huge per target damage nerf. I would legit just keep running the base skill gem vs the "of Shrapnel" one.

(This could all be fixed by bringing back negative AoE mods though :P)
Ha, ha, look at this : Flame Dash of Return, great idea especially for a boss fight, but it takes some getting used to.....
holy flame totem of ire . can some explain how this gem is even remotely worthy to use. its looks like total trash tier gem. or i am missing something on it
"
anti4z500 wrote:
holy flame totem of ire . can some explain how this gem is even remotely worthy to use. its looks like total trash tier gem. or i am missing something on it

It was hard to spot, but it looks like the benefit is higher single target DPS:

Holy Flame Totem:
Shoots 3 projectiles (and can get more)
0.25s cast time

Holy Flame Totem of Ire:
Shoots 1 projectile (and cannot get more)
128% more projectile speed (basically more than double the length)
0.18s cast time

So it loses the side-projectiles but can hit further away. And it has 38.8% more DPS because of the reduced cast time.
"
Nuhauskis wrote:
"
anti4z500 wrote:

It was hard to spot, but it looks like the benefit is higher single target DPS:

Holy Flame Totem:
Shoots 3 projectiles (and can get more)
0.25s cast time

Holy Flame Totem of Ire:
Shoots 1 projectile (and cannot get more)
128% more projectile speed (basically more than double the length)
0.18s cast time

So it loses the side-projectiles but can hit further away. And it has 38.8% more DPS because of the reduced cast time.

hmmmm. i see. thx for info
"
TrapeZoW wrote:
"
Vindicit wrote:
Dat +9 chain lightning strike tho

lol and where do you need 9 chains? on boss? ohh on trash mobs? didnt know LS struggles with clearing 4head.
nothing really god buffed, just reworked, enchants gone, w/e no new skills, yet ppl say its 100 new skills.. ggg, show me one new skill pls :)
COPIUM to the moon. RIP.

cluster node follow through. 15% increased damage for each remaining chain.
135 increased damage on bosses for each one of these clusters you have.
Last edited by Issarelias on Dec 6, 2023, 4:32:04 AM
"
Wyplosz88 wrote:
Id rather have Molten Stri... wait..what..

Edit:

I got jebaited.

I just read the 1000% more damage and was like "WOAH, Molten Strike is back baby"

But then I actually read:

80% base attack speed
130% damage instead of 185%
130% effectivnes instad of 185%
only for two handed weapons

This is another freaking nerf. GGG is just gemshaming Molten Strike on this point.
My beloved will never be resurrected...

It's ruthless without the ruthless gem.
My scenario for it is ignite + stuns

stuns for warlords mark so that you can have perma berserking
ignite since it's still 6x damage multiplier. MAYBE go with more crit so that you can have a chance to refresh the ignite on crit and perpetuate the strongest ignite.

Stun+ignite does have synergy.

It's not a pure dps skill, it's a burst skill that might compete with infernal blow?
sooo old fart eq bleed jugg again as starter? Is it bad idea?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info