Transfigured Gems Part 2

Man this league looks so hype. Especially for those who like to dab into new concepts and ideas and don't over-do the same builds 999times
POGG!!HUA!!
so where's the statement about EC? still waiting
"
Mania_DE wrote:
I wonder why people complain that Gem XY is not in the list.
Gems are released from day to day as they finish, simple as that.
I also wonder why people complain the release is too late to plan around Gem XY.
All normal Gemchanges are released, why you need to plan your leaguestart build around a transfigured Gem since you won't aquire it in Act 1, maybe after some hours in the league if you're lucky.

GGG keep going!

You dont go into league countdown if you dont have 100% of info about league already available, and that means transfigured gems. If that is true that they are making transfigured gems these days after the trailer, very sloppy job from their side. Or they are holding back info they already have from players. Dont make announcements without real 100% of info already prepared to share.

If you dont have all details, put announcement and league start 1 week later.

What would mr Siklic do if he was in this post?
"
p1r0mant3 wrote:
"
Flameblast of contraction looks interesting, just add a bunch of flat damage like awakened added cold and lightning since it have insane damage multiplier + play ignite elementalist ofc

With 30% effect of added damage? )))

It's actually 855% of added damage with all the more multiplier from the stages. Could work incredibly well to be honest.
"
If the Transfigured gems are meant to be strictly better you may want to look at Explosive Trap of Shrapnel again.

The net effect of the radii changes means that you get 30%-40% less central overlap on average, which translates to about a 40-50% nerf to single/central target(s) DPS multiplier. All in exchange for wider *but lower* average damage per mob AoE coverage - because all targets in the AoE will get hit with fewer "small" explosions, not just the central "primary/single" target(s) (it's actually even worse on the edges). This is before factoring in the 20% better damage effectiveness, but it would have to do *a lot* of work to make up for such a huge per target damage nerf. I would legit just keep running the base skill gem vs the "of Shrapnel" one.

(This could all be fixed by bringing back negative AoE mods though :P)

I think the intention is definitely not to just make the gems strictly better. It is to make them stronger in one specific niche. And normal explosive trap definitely doesn't have single target problems so they made a version that didn't focus on that. I mean nearly all/all of those gems are not strictly better which could suggest that it isn't their goal. I personally hope they try to create gems that are weaker in some aspects but way stronger in others.
"
If the Transfigured gems are meant to be strictly better you may want to look at Explosive Trap of Shrapnel again.

The net effect of the radii changes means that you get 30%-40% less central overlap on average, which translates to about a 40-50% nerf to single/central target(s) DPS multiplier. All in exchange for wider *but lower* average damage per mob AoE coverage - because all targets in the AoE will get hit with fewer "small" explosions, not just the central "primary/single" target(s) (it's actually even worse on the edges). This is before factoring in the 20% better damage effectiveness, but it would have to do *a lot* of work to make up for such a huge per target damage nerf. I would legit just keep running the base skill gem vs the "of Shrapnel" one.

(This could all be fixed by bringing back negative AoE mods though :P)

I think the intention is definitely not to just make the gems strictly better. It is to make them stronger in one specific niche. And normal explosive trap definitely doesn't have single target problems so they made a version that didn't focus on that. I mean nearly all/all of those gems are not strictly better which could suggest that it isn't their goal. I personally hope they try to create gems that are weaker in some aspects but way stronger in others.
"
Prizy wrote:
"
Innomen wrote:
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
I'm waiting with bated breath for the SRS, zombie, skeleton, and spectre trans gems.

I'm kinda not. It's like that horrifying question, do you wanna know what happened to your loved one or is it better they stay "missing" so you still have hope?

Your [INSERT MINION HERE] now has a 500% multiplier. Max 1 [INSERT MINION HERE].

The transfigured cremation gems killed my bubble a little.

Condolences on your skill. I don't play crema but I'm sad when ppl are sad.

500% limit one reaper? I'll take it! X) /sigh (In reality we gonna get one two punch automation hate. Task piano league is a go.)
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
"
"
Mania_DE wrote:
I also wonder why people complain the release is too late to plan around Gem XY.
All normal Gemchanges are released, why you need to plan your leaguestart build around a transfigured Gem since you won't aquire it in Act 1, maybe after some hours in the league if you're lucky.

GGG keep going!

You dont go into league countdown if you dont have 100% of info about league already available, and that means transfigured gems. If that is true that they are making transfigured gems these days after the trailer, very sloppy job from their side. Or they are holding back info they already have from players. Dont make announcements without real 100% of info already prepared to share.

If you dont have all details, put announcement and league start 1 week later.

They can easily have all the gems already, but not in a way to be presentable on a website. Plus they are trying to he erste Hype which they do and have every right to do. What's the worst thing that happens? You cannot decide which build you play in this free to play game. Oh no you should call the cops. If you want to build your build yourself and want to wait until everything is released, you could just start 1 day late. It's not like you need all the 3 months for the challenges anyways. Also they don't owe you anything so don't act entitled.
"
Mania_DE wrote:

GGG keep going!

So, if you like to play build A but the normal gem got changed which affects your build in a way that makes it unejoyable for you, doesnt it make sense that people want to know if the alternate gem fixes that for them? That simple, as you say.

Imagine getting a patch for a game but the devs tell you "please wait for the content we are about to change last second due to staff issues. we will release the content we just announced when it is done."

Waht? That just happened? Oh! Damn. Those GGG devs, if you dont think devs ever would do certain things, GGG devs do. Heroes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info