Latency Spiking in certain area/instances/maps

Same problem here.

Since a few leagues i got insane lag spikes in random instances. Mostly when i'm in party play, but this league it happens in solo play aswell.

Am from germany and happens on all realms that are reasonable to choose from.
Changing PC or any settings doesn't change a thing.

It starts to get unbearable.
I'm getting the same problem too on Singapore server. Fix your issues man GGG. Game is so frigging unplayable at the moment!!!
Same Problem.

From Germany, hopping between Amsterdam Frankfurt and London Server.
Having the Problem for 1-2 years i think. Some seasons worse than others...
having the same issue from germany. game just starts to stutter and sometimes latency shoots up to above 7000.
same here,
on Vulkan with good internet and a strong PC
i just started poe and clicked on my character, spawned in town and instantly got exponentialy rising Ping.
also happens in multiple areas of the game, the solution is to open a new instance one area took me 3 New instances until i was able to normally enter.

edit:
i just wanted to enter The Lab and this happend again

https://gyazo.com/a930216d9269dbfc61e9b4a39d1a4e66

once again i needed to make a new instance cause it was unplayable
Last edited by JohnBregol on Dec 9, 2023, 11:30:40 AM
I dont know if this is me just being hopeful.
But I tried something and it seems to be working right now, but I have only played for about 5-10 minutes so not much time to test but I wanted to share incase this would help someone else.

Close PoE

Search %APPDATA%\Path of Exile

Delete the folders that has cache in their name.

This is just temporary files so theres nothing to worry about, once you start game those folders will return.
It might be that we have had corrupted cache files causing this.

I tried a bunch of stuff and nothing seemed to work.
Yes, I have the same issue on EU servers as well. It started about a week ago, last league I didn't have any problems whatsoever but now it gets to the point where it is unplayable in the "bad instances". I also had a look with GGG's suggested tracerouting program to see where the packages get lost and it seems that the packages get lost on towards the end of the routing, so nothing we can do I guess.

WinMTR "good instance": https://pastebin.com/mUt2s9Xi

WinMTR "bad instance": https://pastebin.com/XBduFzVx
Do they even care? I start with 20 ms and when i enter a new area it spikes up to 40k + ms! Like WTF?! Do they even care? People who support the game cant even play it, because that way it is clearly unplayable...i took a week off to play it and it is literally impossible. Thank you GGG i cant even find an answer from the Support..
Same issue here, never had this problem in 3.22.
having same issue on some act 4 maps and labyrinth, but town is smooth. i am died two times because of this problem on first labyrinth with 40 level. my ms jumps to 10k+ and getting back to 70, cycling nonestop. character freezes and dying. it's really frustrating.
Last edited by loifa on Dec 9, 2023, 12:37:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info