Latency Spiking in certain area/instances/maps

I have the same issues here...

-installed new drivers
-tried windows resetting net
in São Paulo(BR) gateway too.
already lost a 95 lvl char in HC last league because a latency freeze, and its happening in this league too.

in leveling maps its possible to create another instance, but in atlas its a lost map.

I also have this issue. Your second screenshot is exactly what I see multiple times a playthrough. Ping spikes to 2500+ for a few seconds, then back to normal, then another spike to 2500+, then back to normal for a while. It ALWAYS comes in pairs.

I have also confirmed with WinMTR running at the same time that there is no packet loss when this happens. Because the game will lock up, then fast-forward when it gets all the data after the high ping.

It's incredibly frustrating and has been happening to me for almost a year. This issue does not happen in other games. Only POE. It also doesn't seem to be specific to the gateway because I've tried CA, TX, and DC and they all manifested this issue.
Same problem.. its unplayable

It's so weird because last seasons never got that problem but now..

From Germany, changed gateway, settings, reinstalled etc. nothing changed
"
Arkura wrote:
I dont know if this is me just being hopeful.
But I tried something and it seems to be working right now, but I have only played for about 5-10 minutes so not much time to test but I wanted to share incase this would help someone else.

Close PoE

Search %APPDATA%\Path of Exile

Delete the folders that has cache in their name.

This is just temporary files so theres nothing to worry about, once you start game those folders will return.
It might be that we have had corrupted cache files causing this.

I tried a bunch of stuff and nothing seemed to work.

Just wanted to say, this actually helped me, too!
I had lag spikes on almost any map and sometimes in the Hideout.
Tried deleting cache folders
Now after 8 maps, had lag in none and a constant ping of <30
Thanks for the tip!
It's random, when it happens only changing your IP address fixes it for that instance -- or you can just sacrifice that instance to chris. Problem with server host and their peers somewhere in the network spaghetti.
Changing Networking Mode to predictive helped a little (Options -> Game -> General -> Networking Mode). It still occurs, but you can control the game.

After full reinstall and clearing AppData, I checked each waypoint and it happened only twice in The Caverns.

Cleared the AppData again, but two of three Caverns instances were still bugged.
After 3 maps it crashed in hidedeout. No idea what to do now.

"
Nazrem wrote:
Having the same issue since ~2 years every league. Currently I have to reload every second zone while leveling, otherwise 1000+ ping. I doubt it will ever be solved tbh.

German player, alter between Amsterdam/Frankfurt/London

Dito - central Europe seems f***d right now - currently I am losing about 1/3 of my maps and heists to this annoying "bug" - guess they direct us to another server for certain instances ...

Unfortunately nobody at GGG cares :(
Guys: my current solution for Europe is to login to the Milan server - it doesn't seem to be connected to the bad one (whichever server that is) or it uses other gateways!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info