Latency Spiking in certain area/instances/maps

i have the same Problem... unplayable
same, what a shame. GGG u are not a underdog anymore .
same problem here took me day to figured out its the area and not my pc s fault:((((
Same shit.
It was like 1/10 maps while leveling.
Entered Atlas and 4/4 t1 maps unplayable..
Same Issue for me, located in Germany.
First league where networking issues sadly make the game nearly unplayable for me.
I cannot run every second map or so. About 1000-5000ms lagspikes.

I hope desperately for some kind of fix dear GGG team.

Thx for reading.
"
Thirlord wrote:
Same shit.
It was like 1/10 maps while leveling.
Entered Atlas and 4/4 t1 maps unplayable..

UPDATE:
"bad" instances changed, now all my maps work np and hideout is broken lol
germany too btw
Bump, this league I first experience this issue. Located in Austria. Lag only randomly and Instance bound. My normal ping is like around 17 and then i join a random zone and suddenly get like minute long freezes in latency. It seems to be something unrelated to the specific realm, since switching server location didnt directly affect the issue. Switchign area rerolls the dice on which instances are affected. But the issue persists! External Tools and Browser have no effect. WinMTR Stats show up to 50% Package loss on certain servers, see pastebin: https://pastebin.com/dft2dmpD
I legitimately cannot play your game and had to give up maps now because of this. HELP! NOW!
So I tried using VPN and after 2 hours testing it seems to have fixed the problem for me.

Route traffic through VPN in France or Poland and select Frankfurt Server in Game. Gone from 30ms to 60ms latency but i hadn't a single map/zone with the high latency spikes.

I am using Mullvad vpn.
same problem...

I have a ping of over 40,000 in various places.
In other places and cities it's 20-40

Patch: Affliction
Also from Austria and I've had these issues last league as well and quit because of them. Some instances are at a stable 30ms and others instantly spike to a few thousand and crash. Still doable in the campaign but once you start mapping it sucks. PoE is the only online game I've had issues with recently so it's unlikely the problem is on my end.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info