Characters sent to void league on death should NOT be a map mod

The new Valdo's Puzzlebox drop produces a map out of a pool created by those who got the highest tier of core supporter pack, or purchased it separately, and the maps they can create can include a modifier that characters are sent to void league on death.

So now we have a map modifier that exists in non-voided leagues, including SC, which essentially and permanently removes your character from the game on death. No restarting in town or at the last checkpoint like on a normal SC death, no restarting in town in standard like on a normal HC death, just an unplayable character taking up a character slot until you delete it.

This is by far the worst change ever introduced to the game.

UPDATE:
Since posting this I've seen that there is in fact a warning for the void-on-death maps, when clicking the portal to enter the map, so you can back out of that action.

While I'm not personally a fan of this void-on-death mechanic, my main objections related to the potential for people to miss/misread the map mod and mistakenly running it, and to the potential for trolls to trick others (particularly the more helpful members of the community) into losing their characters to these maps, both of which are adequately addressed by the warning which is displayed when clicking on the portal to these maps.
Fairgraves was a slave trafficker specialized in the kidnapping and transport of children. He was not "a good man".
Last edited by AxiomOfAnarchy on Dec 17, 2023, 12:09:49 AM
Last bumped on Mar 11, 2024, 8:16:58 PM
So you are saying that optional content, that literally no one forces you to run is not okay, despite the fact that upon entering you can immediatly read the list of modifiers and decide whether or not you want to run it?

Ok lol.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
It absolutely is.

I already made up my mind of selling ANY t17 I get.

I already miss reflect mod because guess what sometime I make mistake.
Im not going to risk a character I have 200 hours for a HH or even a mageblood

If I want that I'll grind the currency worst thing I can lose while doing that is a bunch of xp.

No matter how they add this change its bad. But at least it should be said something like

'' Character is inacessible on death ''

Far from everyone know what a character being voided even mean. There was also a reddit post about it and there were maybe 15 people asking what it meant. Keep in mind people that are talking on any forum/reddit about a game are more into the game than most.

If at best you watch guide you can easily have never heard about it.
Why am I still here
you realize this is a rare special map that is a supporter pack item and not a normal mod that will appear on maps right?
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
So you are saying that optional content, that literally no one forces you to run is not okay, despite the fact that upon entering you can immediatly read the list of modifiers and decide whether or not you want to run it?

Ok lol.

Right, no one has ever missed or misread a modifier on a map and died to reflect. That has never happened in the history of POE. You are 100% right on that. No way that could ever happen. /s
Fairgraves was a slave trafficker specialized in the kidnapping and transport of children. He was not "a good man".
"
Right, no one has ever missed or misread a modifier on a map and died to reflect. That has never happened in the history of POE. You are 100% right on that. No way that could ever happen. /s

you can literally use a makro to check for bad mods if you're feeling antsy and don't like taking personal accountability for mistakes you make, crazy world I know lmao
"
RitualMurder wrote:
you realize this is a rare special map that is a supporter pack item and not a normal mod that will appear on maps right?

Yes, I get that people can pay to ruin the experience of other players.

You think everyone playing even fully comprehends what that modifier means? Even among those who do know what it means, do you think no one will ever miss or misread the modifier?

HC players die to reflect maps they know they can't run, there is video evidence of exactly that happening to numerous streamers, and those are expert players who definitely do pay attention to map modifiers, so no one who is actually being honest about this can claim that no one will ever miss or misread the modifiers.

There should be nothing in the game that threatens the very existence of a SC character. The very nature of SC is that you can die without significant consequence, the absolute worst that happens is some XP loss and the loss of the content you were running and its loot.

Even hardcore death isn't as extreme as this, so this has no place even in HC. If you die in HC, your character just goes to standard, it isn't lost forever.

The only way a character should ever go to void league is if it's a character in a voided event.
Surely nobody playing T17 content is so unfamiliar with the game as to just accidentally run a T17 map without reading it carefully. By the same token, sure, the wording could be changed, but even if some of these players are unfamiliar with the term “void league”, they all know what a league is, and that should set alarm bells off. It’s certainly not the kind of thing where you’ll go “oh I don’t know what void league means specifically, I guess I’ll run it and find out”.

If this was the challenge league content or something, that’d be awful, but it’s not, it’s the highest possible level of map attainable, it’s supposed to be for people who know what they’re doing.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"

you can literally use a makro to check for bad mods if you're feeling antsy and don't like taking personal accountability for mistakes you make, crazy world I know lmao

Not everyone who complains about something that's wrong is only worried about themselves.

Most players aren't going to know they even need to look out for and avoid this modifier. Maybe if before opening any map with this modifier, the map device popped up a big warning modal alerting the user to the danger with an option to cancel the map activation, this would be okay. That would be the only thing that could arguably make this okay.
The players you are worrying about will not even find one of those lmao

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info