[3.24] 💥💫 The (Arch)Blade Blast Unloader 🗡️🔪🔫 - Screenwide 30m-55m Pinnacle DPS? Say yes to FUN!

Started a new character last week just to play this. Currently 94 and having a blast!
I've only just started playing the game but I love this build a lot! It's the fastest mapping I've ever done.

Until now I've been following the level 80 povo POB. While farming maps I found there were still a couple of things that destroyed me really fast, like essence monsters that wouldn't go down in two hits and/or used long range moves. Are there maybe any more defensive layers I could add? I noticed for example the shield has some free sockets. Or maybe there's ways to scale up the damage to get rid of the threats faster? Like I said I'm pretty new so I don't totally know all the options available there yet.

I'm also curious why we put faster casting on Vitality when it seems to be an instant cast aura. I could just be missing something obvious there.
"
wengweng805 wrote:
Started a new character last week just to play this. Currently 94 and having a blast!

Haha glad to know! Could you share your playstyle with us? I realise my videos, being short and not THAT detailed (unlike last time) - leave some people feeling quite lost on what buttons to press.

I would like to compile feedback on what makes it enjoyable for players -- which means they are pressing the buttons in an order that gives them optimal coverage (which, in PoE, is also protection when your AoE is screenwide.)
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
"
Platychila wrote:
I've only just started playing the game but I love this build a lot! It's the fastest mapping I've ever done.

Until now I've been following the level 80 povo POB. While farming maps I found there were still a couple of things that destroyed me really fast, like essence monsters that wouldn't go down in two hits and/or used long range moves. Are there maybe any more defensive layers I could add? I noticed for example the shield has some free sockets. Or maybe there's ways to scale up the damage to get rid of the threats faster? Like I said I'm pretty new so I don't totally know all the options available there yet.

I'm also curious why we put faster casting on Vitality when it seems to be an instant cast aura. I could just be missing something obvious there.

Hehe glad to hear!!

Yes! The povo PoB was to help you test the build on a low budget to see if you liked the playstyle. There's actually a very very good secondary bunch of upgrades for cheap that will make you feel less vulnerable. What level are you right now? And what resources do you have? So I can tailor-make one for you.

Here's what I would suggest assuming you had maybe 3 more div to spare:

1) Hrimsorrow gloves (converts all your damage to cold damage)

2) TAKE BRUTALITY OUT OF THE LINKS! IMPORTANT!! This disables elemental damage!

3) When you take brutality out of the links, you can now utilize Taste of Hate really well. Not only does it boost your damage - it makes you able to take slightly more physical damage by converting the damage taken to cold!

Re: Vitality faster casting -- oops! forgot to clean that up. And this is why i need to write a better tutorial.

That's supposed to be swappable with Spell Echo on the glove slot (which makes your Arcanist Brands faster to use, as well as give you more power when fighting bosses).

You can remove that safely, but keep levelling the gems up!

"
primaeva wrote:
"
wengweng805 wrote:

Haha glad to know! Could you share your playstyle with us? I realise my videos, being short and not THAT detailed (unlike last time) - leave some people feeling quite lost on what buttons to press.

I would like to compile feedback on what makes it enjoyable for players -- which means they are pressing the buttons in an order that gives them optimal coverage (which, in PoE, is also protection when your AoE is screenwide.)

Its really run'n'gun. I load up a few blade vortex, hit the blade blast and flame dash around the map. It covers a few screens easy. The most fun build ive played in awhile!

Running Cold Sabo
Once you get the hang of loading up the blade vortex and hitting the blade blast you get to fly around the map.
"
wengweng805 wrote:
"
primaeva wrote:
"
wengweng805 wrote:

Its really run'n'gun. I load up a few blade vortex, hit the blade blast and flame dash around the map. It covers a few screens easy. The most fun build ive played in awhile!

Running Cold Sabo
Once you get the hang of loading up the blade vortex and hitting the blade blast you get to fly around the map.

Hey yeah! You sprinkle one brand cast at a time in between a few screens, or cast a few at a go? (Maybe I should put Spell Echo as the core as this is what trips most people up probably)

Thanks!!! I'm glad to see it's worked out :))
Hi! Watched your assassin build and loving it, I see raise spectre is being used... Is there a specific spectre we should be using? Thanks!
"
Mightyvandle wrote:
Hi! Watched your assassin build and loving it, I see raise spectre is being used... Is there a specific spectre we should be using? Thanks!

Hi! In all of the videos, I don't bring a spectre. Theoretically, spectres CAN power up the build a lot. It's just financially ruinous to be using them for any serious activity, since as a Shadow we barely have perks to keep minions alive.

If you DID insist on scaling spectres (via a +2 minion helm, 21 Spectre Gem, with Empower 4 / etcetc, and taking minion life regen nodes / clusters) here's what I'd propose:

Spoiler

Perfect Dancing Sword (for the impale version)

This baby gives an INSANE Impales Last 1 Additional Hit and 20% increased effect of impale which is iirc a 22% more multiplier for damage. It's unholy.

It also moves at a terrible, ungodly slow speed. 0/10 practicality.

Perfect Forest Warrior

Perma onslaught, enough said. (And free culling for sabos)

Perfect Meatsack

40% more life for all minions so you can try to bail before things get too rough.

But like I said, save yourself the grief. These buffs will be gone next league anyway so I thought not to include them.
Last edited by primaeva on Dec 31, 2023, 8:12:03 AM
Thanks for the great guide. This will be my holiday character - haven't played in a few leagues.
I wanna go for the Ice Version just a question - how do you get enough Mana to activate Hatred(as a blessing)? Am I missing something?

EDIT: It's obviously Eldritch Battery - My bad
Last edited by Ogu on Dec 31, 2023, 10:57:53 AM
"
Ogu wrote:
Thanks for the great guide. This will be my holiday character - haven't played in a few leagues.
I wanna go for the Ice Version just a question - how do you get enough Mana to activate Hatred(as a blessing)? Am I missing something?

EDIT: It's obviously Eldritch Battery - My bad

Haha, no worries, it's not that intuitive!

(You could also put Hatred - Guardian's Blessing - Raise Spectre - Marionettes that respawn in 1 sec, but that's a bit less reliable)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info