Game almost constantly crashes on high end pc that handles/can stream all other games

Hello, I hope whoever reading this is having a good day and smooth Necropolis league start.

I am dealing with an issue thats been going on for quite some time even after having a pc built for me by professionals and putting one together myself over the last few leagues. I will be able to play for sometimes about 20+ minutes but will usually randomly crash wether its in town or fighting enemies in a random area or even going through the MTX store. I used to not even be able to login without crashing but after changing v sync to adaptive and sometimes changing directx would fix it and right now I dont need to mess with the settings too much to get some play time.

All my drivers are updated. Most recent nvidia drivers and other core drivers are too. It's usually updated through armoury crate but have tried other updaters too. I have a 4090/Intel i9 14900k with watercooling and good fans. My cpu doesnt usually even push 80c barely 70 or so. I have 64gb 8000 mhz ram on an apex encore motherboard. I have tried not overclocking the ram/not using xmp and it doesnt help. It actually gets worse sometimes haha.I'm using multiple monitors and my primary is at 165hz. 1000w power supply. Ram cooling as well. I can play every other game out and stream it as well without issues and am really confused on why I cant get poe to work.

I was having this issue on an old pc but even after rebuilding a completely new one with all fresh parts this is still the only game to have an issue. Im a huge poe fan and still plan on playing this league but this is really bumming me out and making it hard too. I'm really hoping I can get some help on this as after troubleshooting for almost 2+ years its still ongoing. I've tried disabling tdp delay and I i didnt even have default values but I dont think that was the issue.

This morning I even tried wiping my ssd's and installing nothing but the bare minimum on a fresh one but to no avail. Really hoping for some help.
Last bumped on Apr 15, 2024, 4:33:45 PM
do u use vulcan ?becouse i have the probelem change it to dx11 and i dont have any probelems for now
I've been trying directx12 instead of 11 but I should definitely try vulkan on the next crash. Both seem better than 11 100%
Hi there,

I have crashes on 4090/Intel i9 14900k too atm, but I have also crashes on other games like ARK ASA and Deep Rock Galactic Survivior. There is a Problem with Intel 13900K and 14900K processors. I found a work arround for Intel Processor Instability Causing Oodle Decompression Failures. But I don't know if POE also uses Oodle Decompression. When I disable Intel Turbo Boost Technology on a Gigabyte Board, I have no Problems. I already set Packgage Power Limit1 to 125 and Packgage Power Limit2 to 253 on a 14900k an I still have chrashes. My next Step is to set down the P core multiplier.

https://www.radgametools.com/oodleintel.htm

"SVID behavior" → "Intel fail safe" (I guess only for ASUS Boards)
"Long duration power limit" → reduce to 125W if set higher ("Processor Base Power" on INTEL ARK)
"Short duration power limit" → reduce to 253W if set higher (for 13900/14900 CPUs, other CPUs have other limits! "Maximum Turbo Power" on INTEL ARK)

"ASUS MultiCore Enhancement" → disabled (not Auto)
"ASUS Performance Enhancement 3.0" → disabled

Turn down the maximum P core multiplier from 55X to 53X or 54X. (for example)
Turn down maximum turbo boost clock rate
Turn off or turn down "thermal velocity boost"

Same problem, crashes galore, usually in town, most of the time at a vendor. Never had crash issues with PoE before until Necropolis.
Bump. My rig is solid on every other game, and every previous league played on it. Necropolis on d11 is crash city.
I have the same problem, and yes I am using vulcan because when I started the league the dx kept crashing in town, now i have to choose dx outside of town and vulcan when i want to go in town ? Starts to get very annoying i must say.
I am in the same boat. Playing CI Splitting Steel Trickster, and crashing to main menu "disconnected from server" every few minutes. Tried DX11,12 Vulkan, on a high-end PC, tried various video settings, tried deleting cache, nothing works. Q.Q
So I was having pretty much the same issue and was even blue screening on a ton of the crashes. I fixed this by deleting the local data folder where my filters were stored (I suspect it was some weird interaction with old filter data) I also went into the website and deleted any filters on there just in case.

Users/MyDocuments/Pathofexile (Or wherever you have filters stored)

This will also reset your in game settings like graphics and UI and stuff so make a note of those before you delete so you can put them back how you want them after. Hopefully this helps.
*Bump*

Just bought a PC yesterday with these specs:

Intel Core i9 14900KF (2.4GHz) Processor
64GB DDR5-5600 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER Graphics Card

PoE freezes every few maps especially in a party.
IGN: Sin

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info