Game almost constantly crashes on high end pc that handles/can stream all other games

This is so cute how users are trying to "fix" errors with the game code blaming their own hardware :D

Exceptions
Last edited by cursorTarget on Apr 5, 2024, 12:39:36 PM
Second this.
Newish and up to date gaming pc, running POE on reasonable settings.
Dedicated processors, no other programs running, internet connection mint with backup 5G behind it.
Everything updated, no problems with any other games, never had any problems with any other leagues either.

Tried just about every setting there is, game still crashes regularly. Sometimes it will lag first then freeze, some times it will freeze and stay frozen, other times it just quits entirely to windows and self-closes with no error message.

I'd say it happens a couple of times an hour. Already lost a divine drop that I didn't get to pick up and a potential mageblood unique, as well as a doctor card.
Massively frustrating.

Quite the league until there is a fix.
Same issue

3th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900KF 3.00 GHz
32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable)
Windows 11 Home
23H2
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
Since a couple of days ago this game crashes at startup. Cant even login anymore which I could before, then it used to let me play a map or two or even longer before it crashed. Without BSOD.

I have a asus rtx3080 and i9-9900ks.
I5-13600k - RTX 4080 super, 64GB RAM -- system is completely stable in every other game, I crash consistently in big pack size maps with lots of HH and shrine buffs. Crash in both DX12 and Vulkan. Super frustrating.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Faulting application name: PathOfExileSteam.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6611dfae
Faulting module name: PathOfExileSteam.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6611dfae
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001708284
Faulting process id: 0x0x4C60
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA89BE1B08FA10
Faulting application path: G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Path of Exile\PathOfExileSteam.exe
Faulting module path: G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Path of Exile\PathOfExileSteam.exe
Report Id: 8e227674-a717-4b56-bf1c-bc3b1bfd20a0
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
"
cursorTarget wrote:
This is so cute how users are trying to "fix" errors with the game code blaming their own hardware :D

Exceptions

What the hell does that mean and how it's helpful?
UPDATE: went like 20 maps and then started crashing again. NOT FIXED.

So, i changed my graphics card from RTX 3080 to RTX 4080 super between leagues.

POE started crashing in high density farming scenarios, regardless of what settings I changed, DX11, 12, or Vulkan, textures, etc.

I verified Steam files and manually deleted all cause both in the POE folder and appdata.

So far, no crashes since.
Last edited by Gnada on Apr 9, 2024, 12:07:24 PM
Been having crashes for two days. By any chance someone is using firefox? That was the only connection I could find between the crashes.

I verified, reinstalled, deleted old filters but nothing helped. Then I decided just to close all other programs just in case and it stopped crashing. So I thought nice, let me just open up some netflix (in firefox) on second monitor. Opened and then the game crashed after like 5 minutes. So I opened poe again, with browser still open and the crash happened straight as I loaded into hideout. So I closed firefox, opened poe and bam, no crash. Tested it a couple of times, always crashed with firefox, didn't crash while using chrome. So maybe there is some connection there.

Edit: Just crashed twice while chrome is open. Also just before crashes Event Viewer shows warnings about Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition..

My pc specs:
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.59 GHz
Installed RAM 31.9 GB
GPU NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti
Windows 11
Last edited by Aphyre on Apr 9, 2024, 3:04:25 PM
Back at mapping today and getting consistent crashes.

I run about 1/2 to 3/4 of the map, triggering all shrines, Breaches, Altars etc, then POE crashes to desktop with no error message.

Very consistently happening when pack size is high and I have a lot of HH and Shrine buffs.
"
Aphyre wrote:

Edit: Just crashed twice while chrome is open. Also just before crashes Event Viewer shows warnings about Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition..

My crash also feels something like a memory leak. I'm generating a ton of dmg, mobs, buffs and I don't crash until I ramp that up. I checked my system monitor and temps and voltages are fine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info