Path of Exile 2 on Consoles - Couch Co-op and Simultaneous Early Access

Good lord, I can't wait to play! This is going to look SO good on my 4K monitor! Hell, I might even main controller for POE2. I'm on K&M for POE1.
GGG listen here!!!!

if you want POE stronger than ever, bring the possibility of standard players to achieve 40/40 challenges for all passed leagues!!! and for those who miss some...to be able to complete them!!

That will bring old players back on the table and give the possibility for new casual players to experience more of POE .
Does cross progression mean that i can use my stashtabs / skins i bought on pc are useable on console too? As soon as this is confirmed i'm gonna buy the support pack for poe2! My shitty ass pc is too old to handle mapping at some point but my console might do the trick!
couch potatoes unite!
I swear if they make some maven "Simon says" insta-death minigame, sirus, exarch ball minigame then i wont play poe2.
Melee combat looks so damn good, you have exceeded my expectations, can't wait to test this myself!

The pace is perfect in what's shown, not too slow, not too fast, well balanced

The environments looks insane

I however have a problem, the animations in the cutscenes doesn't look very natural, it looks bit robotic, it seems like the animator wanted them to do quick move at every expression, it feels like they are on drugs, you need to smooth that out, the angle on the camera needs work too, the blacksmith scene had potential but camera work made it look very cheap instead of epic, weird angle/animation combo

Also please show/add more humanoid bosses, that segment with the dude jumping on the arena was sick
Last edited by ryuukk33 on May 31, 2024, 5:38:51 AM
Druid, Amazon, Monk, Sorceress, Barbarian?
Jonathan the Chad .
Please add dead zone settings when playing on pc with gamepad !
Can I use my MTX from console on pc? Cross progression doesn't necessitate that, but I really realllllly hope it means it.
I do favor cross progression and cross play between PC and console. To be honest - most of the time people seem to play alone anyway. Issues resulting out of cross play may be related to lack of chat capabilities (to be compensated with voice?), or trading which is currently being overhauled anyway. Nowadays most consoles and gamers have anyway mobiles or headsets - i think some clever integration could even extend to mobiles etc. .

As such, i dont find an argument why not enabling cross play, and progression.

I love you for establishing couch coop functionality if it comes to PS5 - i could play with my wife on screen. Splitscreen (could be better) or comparably to D4 implementation (borderline) seems acceptable to me.

Challenge i can see so far:
-i personally need complexity and crafting my own char and gear (POE). My wife needs smooth gameplay as on a console - very intuitive (like D4). Eventually consider community build templates for a few base character concepts, which can be adopted for skilltree progress and enable easier skilling for casual players e.g., easy interfaces or progress routes but without removal of depth (like often done in games) . I personally like to tinker my own builds to adapt to the league environment, but new players eventually in non HC environment may be frustrated especially on controllers.
-i personally need diversity and complexity regards items/builds and simplification will make me stop playing that game (wouldnt touch D3 / D4). However, i found accessability of stash tabs was a challenge on consoles especially searching for items. My wife needs easy sorting, and searching - otherwise she is frustrated. Provide better stash tab search, and more intelligent and complete stashtabs e.g. why can only 1 unique be stored in POE1 unique tab rather than storing all of a certain type to filter through. Thats outdated. In addition, there need to be a clever system for consoles to support with all the loot management. On PS4 i found it clunky, even on PC but i can live with as i rather prefer diversification and complexity over trivial itemization.
- I prefer slightly harder games but keep in mind that a small community likes hardcore and wouldnt play softcore. I read in POE developer comment somewhere the feedback: you will die far more often in POE 2 than in 1 and ive to admit - some may reach a skill limit there -> i as still a POE noob cant clear all content yet in hardcore. For sure skill issue - but oh boy! It need to remain fair. You have to put quite some time and effort to get through campaign, into maps, t17 and up to Ubers (doable even for me). Even nowadays i know where i will die if i try it in HC (for me as a POE beginner its Maven). Sometimes still its unclear why a char slips (e.g., early days of affliction with instant corpse explosion). If its a single boss or area - fine. If the game blocks fully from content and focus fully on softcore - that would be sad.
-Would be awesome if POE1 does remain as a game or get integrated. There is so much content which seem to be lost if it gets abandoned. Sometimes i think - why cant the league mechanic from prior league not fully remain - lightly downtuned eventually reward wise but it gives options, and removes boredom (some mechanics can be easier adopted i assume such as Trial of the Ancestors league.
Last edited by Storyline1981x on May 31, 2024, 9:56:46 AM
awds? looks more like I gotta get a controller or even two xD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info