New and Changed Gems in Path of Exile: Settlers of Kalguur

"
Stormblind wrote:
Heya, long time, no complaint.

The Desecrate changes in combination have more or less killed the concept of community spectre banks.

Basic math:
A not uncommon zoo setup is to have 5 spectres. Given those numbers, you now have a 3% chance to hit a specific spectre you are looking for per desecrate.

In a Wraithlord setup, it gets worse as that 15% chance gets diluted more and more, down to 1.7% at the 9 spectre setup.

Now, if that was IT, it'd be painful, but fine. But now we also no longer have the ability to raise the spectre's of other players.

This means if a player is Spectre banking say, Spectral Leaders from T17 maps (rarely more than a 1 of), you'd have a, maximum, 5% chance per casting of that user to raise a Spectral Leader. If you were trying to share them, that's a substantial amount of time being wasted just to raise a single specific spectre.

Given that in even in prior leagues it could be irritating to raise a specific spectre in a spectre sharing setup, has there been any consideration to the extreme QOL nerf this entails for the summoning playstyle?

With the other changes to Desecrate in regards to Detonate Dead, are these other changes/QOL nerfs even required? Because it's legitimately pretty disheartening.

There is also no way to remove a spectre from your pool once added. So even if you're doing 9 of a specific spectre in a Wraithlord setup, you will still only have a maximum of 1.7% chance to raise the spectre you're actually using.
wait can you use banners with "cast when damage taken" they lost the reservation restriction from that support gem?
Does crushing fist work with unarmed? It says weapon damage so i would assume no
does dervish have the same version of cyclone as the original gem?
2193% WTF
Missed explosive arrow mana change.
add a projectile to glacial shield swipe pretty please :)
I don't understand autoexertion at all.
player agency, where?

"do you guys not have phones?" - blizz 2018
"do you guys not have 2 monitors, 3 overlays, 4 discord, 5 websites, 6 loot filters?" - ggg or smth 2024
"deal with it" - ggg, 2024
"
iParadoxG wrote:
I don't understand autoexertion at all.

YEP! It reads as though it will prevent any and all buffs from warcries, though reserves 15% mana per cry lol. Literally only applies exert and any "warcried recently" buffs from masteries or levelling uniques. There's two clines of text for the gem though, and so is it like two different options, each with different effects? If so, then yeah. That's not bad at all.

I'm struggling to come up with new goals to keep me playing this game.
Last edited by hmcg020 on Jul 23, 2024, 6:47:57 PM
Lacerate of Haemorrhage is superior to the new Puncture of Shanking in everething (except for bleed duration, which only matter for new rupture sup gem)

- Shanking could have a +2 flat crit chance against a non-bleeding target and +200% crit chance against a bleeding target.
- Shanking could reduce the action speed by 5% with a cap of 30%.
- Shanking could cause aggravated bleeding.
Please choose(or make yourself) something because right now it's underwhelming.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info