[3.3] [HC] Torchbearer's Off-Screen Summoner - [Command 90+ Minions] - [HC/Uber endgame viable]

Vaal Summon Skeletons
Now requires 50 souls per use (up from 32).
Now prevents you from gaining Vaal souls for 10 seconds after use.
-------------
Is this going to be a game breaker change as I was prepared to try your build in the League on HC starting June 1st ??
In game since Minotaur League..
Updated the main post with information about 3.3.0 changes.

TL:DR -->

3.3.0 Patch

Charged Dash - Huge buff - Allows for much more damage & crazy off-screen minion control now.

Vaal Summon Skeleton - Medium nerf - Reduces our clear speed & army resummon time. Won't affect boss fights, but will certainly make clearing maps a bit slower.

Is the build still viable for 3.3.0?

Yes.
Last edited by Acaste7 on May 29, 2018, 10:24:15 PM
Excellent - Ill be trying this come Saturday when the patch goes live .. I skipped Beastiary League after a few weeks as I didn't care for it.. But IM ready to get back in and try this new league ..
In game since Minotaur League..
hey! saw that you made some updates for 3.3.0 however now that vaal skills give the non-vaal skill aswell cant we change up some of the slots in the equipment like changing summon skeletons with its vaal equivalent and adding something else in the shield slot where the skill used to be maybe empower so that we can get a huge level boost to the zombies and whatever else we have in there
"
CARNEYLORD wrote:
hey! saw that you made some updates for 3.3.0 however now that vaal skills give the non-vaal skill aswell cant we change up some of the slots in the equipment like changing summon skeletons with its vaal equivalent and adding something else in the shield slot where the skill used to be maybe empower so that we can get a huge level boost to the zombies and whatever else we have in there

Hey, i don't know how I managed to completely miss that in the patch notes. That is amazing (the new Vaal skill mechanic) and secretly a massive buff to this build... I've updated the main post. Your Empower idea is great as well.

The new Vaal gem system is actually not a nerf at all anymore and is a huge indirect buff since we can put both our skeletons & Vaal skeletons in the same 4/5-link.

This build will be crazy good in 3.3.0 :) thanks.
Was looking at this build for next league going as a starter all the way to uber elder, is that doable without crazy gear? Also, is there a path of building link, I didn't notice one in the main post?
Last edited by il_douchey on May 30, 2018, 11:38:00 PM
"
il_douchey wrote:
Was looking at this build for next league going as a starter all the way to uber elder, is that doable without crazy gear? Also, is there a path of building link, I didn't notice one in the main post?

You can safely do all content with it except uber elder as long as you have The Scourge/Magna Eclipsis shield and relatively decent rares, which shouldn't be too expensive.

For uber elder I suggest you build up a bigger effective health pool (10k+) and have an elder helmet for your minions first for the extra reliable dps.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.2.0/AAAABAMDAAQHBLMHHgj0DXwN4hFQEZYUIBZvFy8aOBpsGyUc3CL0JKonLyj6Kpgs4jLRNZI26TkLOlg64TwtPfxBh0QERUdFnUeFSI5JUUmxS65Ms025TeNQR1NSVcZV1lfJWGNZ81qRXGtfP2TnZp5mumebaPJqQ2qsa9tsC20Zcg99GH_GgKSCx4Nfg8yD24RIhWCIQIzPjxqPRpAzkFWTJ5UumuCboaEvogCmV6aspwinK6h9qsSsmK4-tz64k7zqvoq_l8Bmw23Grsk9zLzQH9OP0_vXz9i92QvZW9-K42rkUekC6-7sg-yK7w7viO_r8B_w1fIe8kX2SPfB99f5N_no-oD60v4K_o8=

Last edited by Acaste7 on May 30, 2018, 11:56:59 PM
Hi,

I'm planning to try your build for 3.3 as my first time summoner :)
I just have a question, did you think of taking minion instability ? It's just 1 point from your tree path, and I guess your minions have a lot of HP so this could add some damage, no ?
Or did minions never go low life and always die due to duration ?

Regards,
"
Luckyn wrote:
Hi,

I'm planning to try your build for 3.3 as my first time summoner :)
I just have a question, did you think of taking minion instability ? It's just 1 point from your tree path, and I guess your minions have a lot of HP so this could add some damage, no ?
Or did minions never go low life and always die due to duration ?

Regards,

Instability is a very easy way to lose your animate guardian and all items on it, your spectres, your zombies and generally weakens your meatshield a lot.

Having minion uptime is very important, especially against things that can burst you down or want to 1-shot you.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised if it's gonna be your first summoner how much your minions shield you from projectiles and tank a lot of damage for you. Even if you don't have high dodge rating or block chance, your minions soak up a lot of damage. Most of the times you don't want them exploding and letting through all kinds of scary spells at you. :)
Can you tell me

Solar guards
vs
Infernal sentinels
vs
Frost sentinels?

Which one is good, bad.
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info