Mechanical Questions Thread

Hi, i have a question about Wild Strike, I want to know if the curse vulnerability can increase the melee physical damage before the calculation where this one gets converted into elemental damage.

For example, supporting Wild Strike with Melee Physical Damage Support will increase the melee hit's physical and converted damage, but will not increase the damage of the secondary elemental effect.

Basically what i want to know is, if the curse vulnerability can increase wild strike damage in any way like the Support Melee physical damage does.
"And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you"
Last edited by Evraeisjebus on Sep 10, 2017, 5:04:49 AM
"
adghar wrote:
"
Etherfire wrote:
Regarding the bow Chin Sol, is flat physical damage from gear (like rings) applied before or after the bow's special modifier.

Assuming a character with this bow standing right next to a boss to get the full damage bonus, and say the character is wearing, say, a ring with 9-15 physical damage added to attacks, then does that added damage benefit from the bow's modifier?

Flat added damage is always* applied before multipliers. The added damage will benefit from More Bow Damage at Close Range, as well as any other bow damage modifiers, presuming we are of course talking about Attacks.

*for nitpickers, I believe the exception would be damage taken modifiers, where I think "-13 damage taken from X" type modifiers apply after your multiplicative damage reduction. But here I mean "always" in the practical and relevant sense, so that would be moot.

That makes chin sol rather ridiculous. So assuming that you're standing at close range, an abyssus would add like 80-120 phys damage to an already 500pdps(at close range) bow, and we havent even started with drillneck, steel rings, ammy, chance to bleed gem. All that added damage is twice as effective. That basically makes chin sol better than any bow obtainable in leagues for close range barrage single target.

For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Last edited by Etherfire on Sep 10, 2017, 4:40:58 AM
"
Lhigtingtopo wrote:
I want to trigger a savage hit with it, so...
multiple minions dying at the same time count as a single hit?
2x heartbound loops and a minion dying counts as the same hit?

Multiple minions are of course all separate Hits.
Two Loops should stack to a single 700-Damage Hit.

"
weaslz wrote:
Can anyone clarify if the "deal double damage to chilled enemies" of the frostbreath unique applies retroactively to a chilling hit with the weapon?

No.

"
VictusBcb wrote:
So, if you're using Dual Strike and/or Cleave, the two melee skills that use both weapons at the same time, how does that interact with this node? I assume that there'd be a general attack speed and damage increase overall, but just wanted to be sure.

Cleave and Dual Strike use both weapons simultaneously, but both weapons still calculate their Damage and Attack rate individually. Ambidex works the same as anywhere else.

"
Evraeisjebus wrote:
Hi, i have a question about Wild Strike, I want to know if the curse vulnerability can increase the melee physical damage before the calculation where this one gets converted into elemental damage.

Conversion is an attacker-side modifier; Vulnerability grants defender-side modifiers. You deal zero Physical Damage, the defender takes zero Physical Damage, there's nothing for Vuln to increase. :)
Is negative movement speed a real thing, or does it only exist in theory?

Wiki says movspd has no cap, but I'm not sure if the context implies maxspd is uncapped or if minspd is uncapped too. Like, 0% / base movspd is still "moving", not "anchored for all eternity". Am I correct in assuming 0% just means a neutral modifier of <whatever base value>? Like 1*20 instead of 1.4*20 (if +40% movspd)?

edit: alright, thanks.
Last edited by hqDM on Sep 10, 2017, 8:31:57 AM
The Movespeed stat on the character sheet is a modifier. Modifiers can be negative.
I hvae a problem.
my ​Ascendancy is​ The Hierophant.
i check sanctuary of thought. i think that skill have no mana cost on full energy shield.
but skill have half mana cost on full energy shield. what's problem?
not on full energy shield , skill mana cost is 88
on full energy shield , skill mana cost is 55
hi, would like to ask if Herald of Ice + Curse on Hit + Warlords Mark + Ele Prolif would work??

usually its just a 3 Link without Ele Prolif, but if i put Ele Prolif would it make the spread of my curse effective?

would Ele Prolif affect the explosions of Herald of Ice?? (basically The Herald of Ice explosions is what causes the curse to spread)
"
vhfldnjs wrote:
I hvae a problem.
my ​Ascendancy is​ The Hierophant.
i check sanctuary of thought. i think that skill have no mana cost on full energy shield.
but skill have half mana cost on full energy shield. what's problem?
not on full energy shield , skill mana cost is 88
on full energy shield , skill mana cost is 55

Increased and Reduced modifiers are additive. It looks like you have a source of Increased Mana Cost, Voidbringer gloves for example. 100% Reduced Cost + 80% Increased Cost = 20% Reduced Cost total.

"
Jum0ngz wrote:
hi, would like to ask if Herald of Ice + Curse on Hit + Warlords Mark + Ele Prolif would work??

Already answered in your thread from a couple days ago.
Hey,
i am trying to create a build on my own and need some help in understanding the damage mechanics and which passives to take.

I want something like a shadow "Assassin CoC Cold Lacerate".
Using Lacerate with Dual Cosrpice Malice with great Aoe to create a lot of crit hits to proc for example Glacial Cascade and Frostbolt.

I want to use Herald of Ice and Haste.
But now i am not sure which nodes to take to skale the damage of Lacerate, Frostbolt and Glacial Cascade...
- Attack Speed and increased cold damage? (Because of Cosprice, there will be no phys dmg)

Also i am still not sure how tu leech life / Mana
Last edited by DunklerKoenig on Sep 11, 2017, 1:23:37 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
DunkMaster wrote:
Does weapon range increase blade flurry aoe?

Nope.

Source? I realize there's only a small chance at it using weapon range, but in this skill's case it feels like it *could* use weapon range even if most AoE skills don't.

* https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Range#Attack_Range_and_Area_of_Effect_Radius

That doesn't mention it, and it also says AoE-creating skills ignore weapon range, so that nearly satisfies me. However...

* https://redd.it/5e0h9m

Closing in on a year ago Rory mentioned a thing on a podcast that makes me wonder:

"
3) All Melee skills will now use melee weapon range, and will much closer resemble the actual visual range of the skill.

Seems to me Blade Flurry *could* use weapon range when checking for stuff to hit within its effective radius just like Frost Blades would when determining whether or not you've hit something.
https://redd.it/p0hyul

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info