Mechanical Questions Thread

Does impale work for skills such as sunder and earthquake?
Is ES recharge supposed to be active when you have EB and are actively using skills? Because, at least for the trickster node that gives increased attack and cast speed if ES recharge started recently, it does nothing.

I was under the impression that ES recharge would stop when you reached full ES, which doesn't seem to be the case.
Phew. I should check this thread more often. Anyway, here we go with another bunch of answers:

Spoiler
"
zixav wrote:
Barrage and Cast on Critical Strike

My question is, how long is single barrage attack? Is it possible to trigger CoC twice (with new cooldown 0.15s) for example with first and last arrow? Do adding additional arrows increase "duration"?

From some very old post I read that each arrow from Barrage roll separate crit chance and thanks to that each theoretically (if not cooldown) each could trigger CoC, but I could not find more posts that would confirm it. Is that true?

The overall attack time for Barrage has no additional modifiers, and all projectiles are spread across the last 60% of it, no matter how many they are.

If these 60% (or rather the actual time between the first and last projectile, which may be shorter than the entire 60%) are longer than the cooldown of the skill you're triggering, it should theoretically be able to trigger twice.

It's worth mentioning that cooldowns are rounded up to the nearest number of server ticks, so with no increased cooldown recovery speed, the actual cooldown will be 165ms. If you have 14% icdrs or more, it will be 132ms.

I am unsure whether Barrage actually rolls each crit individually, but it should check each crit individually against the enemy's chance to be crit, concerning modifiers like Assassin's Mark, conditional modifiers to crit chance affecting the player based on the state of the enemy's state, such as increased critical strike chance against bleeding enemies from the Deadeye's Rupture, and the accuracy evasion crit confirmation roll.

"
jackybanh wrote:
Salutations GGG,

I've written a post maybe on the wrong section https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2255720

This post is about the Unlucky attribute and how the text changed somewhere during patch 3.2.0+, stated by Mark_GGG that the old text only affected damage numbers, but now I'm not sure.

Does the new Unlucky affect probabilistic defences e.g evasion, dodge, crit, etc...?

Many thanks and best regards,
Jacky

It still specifically says that the damage roll is unlucky, but it's restricted to damage rolls from hits. If there was DoT damage of a random magnitude that was not derived from the damage roll of a hit (afaik bleed, ignite, and poison depend on the hit damage roll, even if not on the hit damage), it would not be affected by this. From what I know such damage doesn't exist at the time being.

"
Heary wrote:
Hi,

Resolute technique works with Manifest Dancing Dervish ?

it can be corrupted on 2 handed swords and it seems like good investment if it works.

Thanks in advance,
Heary

From what I understand of the mechanics, the corruption applies to it because the skill uses the weapon's stats. Taking the Resolute Technique Keystone on the tree should have no effect because it doesn't apply to your minions.

"
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Some caveats:
1) If an attack would crit you, evasion is tested a second time, and if you evade, the hit is downgraded to a non-crit (it does not miss, since it's already tested for that and hit). This roll is purely random and does not increase the entropy value - it just generates a number from 1 to 100 and compares to the chance to hit.

sry for bad english, i am not native english speaker. but i truely want to figure it out, about crit and the second roll.

as you say, it just generates a number from 1 to 100 and compares to the chance to hit.

when i use a weapon with "hits cant be evaded" modifier or shied "Lycosidae", it makes my "chance to hit" 100% in the character sheet. therefore it doesnt matter whatever the second roll is and that is fine.

but what if "hits cant be evaded" is conditional? such as "Your Hits can't be Evaded by Blinded Enemies" on "effigon" or "Enemies Taunted by you cannot Evade Attacks" by "worthy foe".

the number generated randomly still compares to "the chance to hit" in the character sheet or
compares to 100% because under the circumstance "my hits cant be evaded".(assume that i make the condition available)

hopefully i could figure it out and appreciate it if someone make a reply at the earlies convenience.

If enemies cannot evade (be it conditional on being blinded or permanent due to items like Lycosidae), they also cannot evade the crit confirmation roll. If you use Effigon and successfully hit an enemy that is not blinded, it will still use a confirmation roll for the hit to be a critical strike. By the way, this is still true if that hit applies blind, because the enemy wasn't blinded at the time of the hit.

"
euphoria58 wrote:
Does the new Cold Damage over Time Multiplier statistic apply to all sources of Damage over Time which inherits cold damage as a modifier, or does it only affect damage over time effects that explicitly deal cold damage?

For example, using Nuro's Harp alongside Scourge Arrow, which was a common build last league, to inflict Ignites that benefited from increases to both cold and fire damage from inherited modifiers.

Ignites never deal cold damage over time, so they are unaffected by the new stat that is specific to it. If I remember correctly, the only affected skills should be Vortex, Arctic Breath, Cold Snap, and Siphoning Trap. This list may be incomplete, but I don't remember anything else at this time.

"
ReisiSan wrote:
How abot the Champions assendacy skill "Inspirational", you said this when u released war banner skills:

"The Champion's "Inspirational" skill has been changed, providing some unique benefits for Banners, INSTEAD of causing you and allies to deal increased damage. These include a heal effect on placing a banner and a removal of the Banner reservation cost.

And now when u released the patch notes there says like this:

"Inspirational" NOW ALSO causes your Banner skills to reserve no mana, recover 20% of planted Banner Stages when you cast a banner while you have a banner planted, and causes you and nearby allies to recover 0.5% of maximum life per Banner stage when you plant a banner. It also grants 15% increased effect of Non-Curse Auras from your Skills.

So do u still get that dmg aura and movement speed aura on that "Inspitational" assendanccy or not?

All information released before a patch is subject to change until that patch is actually uploaded. For the correct effect, check the wording ingame.

The passive tree information for various tools should also have the correct information, but I don't know how well they keep track of these things and update them.

"
NarutoxKurama wrote:
How does the reworked tectonic slam works? Does that 60% more dmg works IF endurance is consumed or every strike when i'm having any charges?

You only get the damage bonus if an Endurance Charge is consumed. The only thing to keep in mind is that while that only has a chance to occur, it cannot occur without any consumable Endurance Charges.

"
Voidstranger wrote:
Is that "+52% to Non-Ailment Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier" works with Death's oath or not?

It should. If it doesn't, then it is bugged.

"
Staglaitor_ wrote:
hi

sometimes any situations allow us to inflict second curse on enemy.
I use conductivity curse - can i inflict this curse twice, doubling the effect?

I mean - can i curse twice using conductivity curse or the curses should be different?

No, using the same curse again will override the previous one. You may use Elemental Weakness instead though, which also lowers lightning resistance.

"
Maskawisewin wrote:
Hello,

Does the '33% chance to freeze nearby chilled unique enemies', granted from the Occultist's Frigid Wake scale with "x% chance to freeze"?

Thank you!

This isn't worded clearly, but to my knowledge the stat "chance to freeze" should only apply to hits. Other freezing effects, random or not, should not be affected by it.

"
Skywalk1ng wrote:
Does impale work for skills such as sunder and earthquake?

If you have a chance to impale with these skills (such as being affected by Dread Banner), then any attack hit dealing physical damage should be able to apply impale.

"
Quazarrr wrote:
Is ES recharge supposed to be active when you have EB and are actively using skills? Because, at least for the trickster node that gives increased attack and cast speed if ES recharge started recently, it does nothing.

I was under the impression that ES recharge would stop when you reached full ES, which doesn't seem to be the case.

Unlike flasks or leech, recharge does not stop at full energy shield. You need to take damage to energy shield or the resource it protects in order to interrupt the recharge and have it start again for the Trickster notable to apply.

The change of skill use no longer interrupting recharge made Eldritch Battery considerably more useful for many builds, but unfortunately it is no longer trivial to use it to permanently obtain this buff.
If I throw down a brand (either armageddon or storm) that brand can attach to an enemy inside a proximity shield just fine, however it won't be able to damage the enemy it is attached to unless the caster enters the bubble. Is this intended behaviour, or a bug?
In 3.5, Ice Nova received damage buffs that don't appear to have transferred across to Vaal Ice Nova. Is this intended? Feels weird to have a Vaal version of a skill that ends up being much weaker.
Hi

What wrong with atlas - all competed and uncompleted map disappeared

Thanks
Does The Effigon - "Your Hits can't be Evaded by Blinded Enemies" also apply to Ranged Attack Totem Support ?
"
Staglaitor_ wrote:
Hi

What wrong with atlas - all competed and uncompleted map disappeared

Thanks

there are plenty of threads out in bug report.

It seems either GGG missed to mentioned it in their patch notes or its a not intended bug.

Regardless which reason it gave, i doubt they reset the atlas again, since most people who played before 3.5 in standard have reshaped most of their atlas again
hi

I try to pass Mesa map
I make it yellow and corrupt it
I kill the boss and await a message about passing the map but got nothing
What can it be?

Thanks
Hey I'm just curious if the death Aura from death's oath will scale with the new 'non ailment chaos damage over time multiplier'
Last edited by FazB on Dec 11, 2018, 7:45:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info