Mechanical Questions Thread

Hello there! A low life char with "cannot be blinded" still need arcane vision?
in the new league when you defeat the boss you can create you can get a bodypart to drop. is there any system for witch bodypart wil drop as i curently have only had 1 liver dropped. and 3 eyes dropped. on the other hand i have had 10 lungs, 8 heart and 6 brains. is ut just random? do spesifick things tell you what wil drop before you kill it?

in short i have no idea if i am doing something wrong or have realy bad rng when it comes to the dropping of bodyparts.
Is there any idea of what the numbers are for phantasmal might granted from the new item "The Black Cane." I can't seem to find any info showing numbers outside of POE DB showing min and max physical spell damage.
How do frostblink "instant" cast work with channeling skill? when I channel cyclone and cast instant skill such as vortex my cyclone buff stack wont be interuped. But when cast frostblink it will, which means there is few frame of cast delay on frostblink (about 0.2s? based on cyclone buff drop). If frostblink is not actually instant, then why did it even exist? I could rather cast flamedash instead!

intentional or technical problem?
With the recent 3.9 patch the notes say the following.

"The added Maximum Life and increased Life modifier from Pristine Fossils can no longer roll."

On existing items that have this mod, can I divine orb it and keep the stats or will it update to new stats?

Question about Blast Rain Timing
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Using Blast Rain plays it's attack animation, which includes drawing an arrow. This animation takes the attack time of the skill to complete. At the point in that animation where the arrow is realeased (which may differ slightly between classes), the skill "goes off" and starts waiting for the explosions to fall. There's a 600ms delay before the first explosions falls (which is affected by modifiers to both attack speed and projectile speed), and the falling animation takes 270ms (cannot be modified).

Math was quite simple; 1 blast every 54ms

However in 3.9.0 Blast Rain was changed to 6 arrows and also adds more blasts with additional projectiles. Testing with GMP & LMP linked (6+4+2=12 arrows) caused the arrows to fall over a significantly longer time.

How is this length calculated? Is it 54ms times the number of projectiles? Does the base 6 projectiles still fall over 270ms or 270+54=324ms?

I'm interested since I'm trying to optimise CoC procs. Apparently the server ticks at 33ms; https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/e5pyr8/the_cyclone_cast_on_critical_strike_cooldown/
Last edited by H4xolotl on Dec 18, 2019, 6:59:31 PM
"
Tyranastrasz wrote:
Hi all together.

Id greatly appreciate if someone could clarify if Skitterbots count towards the more damage multiplier that Carrion golems have for each non-golem minion nearby.

I recently read a thread that mentioned that those bots sort of dont "exist" or something along those lines for the purpose of the guardian ascendancy, so I considered that it may actually also not work with Carrion Golems.

As there is no way to test it I kinda would require an official response here if possible..
I'm not "official", but I just tested, and Skitterbots do count for the +3% Elemental Resistance per Minion from the Necromancer's Bone Barrier ascendancy. The Guardian's Radiant Faith ascendancy counts "Allies", and it's possible that since Skitterbots don't have Life and are ignored by enemies, they don't count as Allies, but they almost certainly count as Minions for anything that counts them.
"
rcmoriarty wrote:
Hello there! A low life char with "cannot be blinded" still need arcane vision?
Yes you do, since not being blind doesn't guarantee having a large light radius; it's still dependent on how high your life is.
"
Haiatu wrote:
With the recent 3.9 patch the notes say the following.

"The added Maximum Life and increased Life modifier from Pristine Fossils can no longer roll."

On existing items that have this mod, can I divine orb it and keep the stats or will it update to new stats?
In this case, there are no "new stats", the mod simply won't appear on new crafts. I've never heard of a case where GGG retroactively removed a mod from existing rare items, either immediately or upon Divine orb usage, so I think you should be safe.
Hi everybody,
I have a question about the new ailment system. It was stated in the 3.9 patch notes that the new magnitude for shock and chill are now calculated based on this formula: 1/2*[Damage % of Ailment Threshold]^0.4. But they didn't say anything about what is the value of that threshold for important bosses like Shaper, Elder, the new Atlas bosses. I would like to know, if anyone here found it perhaps by datamining, what are those numbers for those bosses. Would be nice if Mark stepped in with the information.

Thanks in advance!
"
ekaye wrote:
I'm not "official", but I just tested, and Skitterbots do count for the +3% Elemental Resistance per Minion from the Necromancer's Bone Barrier ascendancy. The Guardian's Radiant Faith ascendancy counts "Allies", and it's possible that since Skitterbots don't have Life and are ignored by enemies, they don't count as Allies, but they almost certainly count as Minions for anything that counts them.

Thank you so much for finding a way to test it in a proper way.
I was keeping an eye on this thread but allready lost hope that I would get a proper answer on this!

Ballista Totem Support does not target summonned Skulls from mobs, even tho they have a hitbox. is this normal? had multiple times the skulls killed me because of this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info