Data about how Beastcrafting is being used

How many endangered Albino Rhoas have entered into captivity in this league/hunting expedition?
In all fairness to GGG
I will say that I don't think people understand just how hard it is to provide fresh, never seen before unique content every fucking 3 months! Let alone to make sure what they come up with can be coded correctly. But to come up with original content every 3 months is NOT easy. Face it, sooner or later they are going to run out of ideas. It's hard enough coming up with original never before seen content if it's twice a year, but every 3 months??? And still non-developers bitch and complain.....I'd really like to see them do better....
"
Mentoya wrote:
In all fairness to GGG
I will say that I don't think people understand just how hard it is to provide fresh, never seen before unique content every fucking 3 months! Let alone to make sure what they come up with can be coded correctly. But to come up with original content every 3 months is NOT easy. Face it, sooner or later they are going to run out of ideas. It's hard enough coming up with original never before seen content if it's twice a year, but every 3 months??? And still non-developers bitch and complain.....I'd really like to see them do better....

They chose to create leagues every 3 months.
This specific league is a failure and i'm basing it on the negative vs possitive comments.
This isn't a "we ran out of ideas" league. This is "we had all the wrong ideas" league.
You think it would be better if people didn't express their disappointment?
They make a game for us,when we like it it is good.
When we don't it is bad.
That's all a company wants,happy customers.
They actually want us to tell them if we are happy or not so they can improve in the future.
"
PsOfOs wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:
In all fairness to GGG

They chose to create leagues every 3 months.
This specific league is a failure and i'm basing it on the negative vs possitive comments.
This isn't a "we ran out of ideas" league. This is "we had all the wrong ideas" league.
You think it would be better if people didn't express their disappointment?
They make a game for us,when we like it it is good.
When we don't it is bad.
That's all a company wants,happy customers.
They actually want us to tell them if we are happy or not so they can improve in the future.

They should do leagues twice a year then, instead of 4 times a year then, if people want much better content. That way people won't bitch as much because it will give them much more time to put out high quality content. Think of it like a band. If a band put out an album every 3 months as opposed to once a year, the quality would probably be sub-par and below average(this has been proven by bands that put out albums with a much less frequency.....
And bands know their album sucks because their audience says it sucks.
By your first comment,if your favourite band creates an album that is a failure,you must not complain because you couldn't write better music yourself.
Which will lead to more bad albums,which will lead to you start listening and giving your money to other bands,which will lead to the band stop creating music.
So saying "stop complaining,you couldn't create a better game" is stupid.
"
PsOfOs wrote:
And bands know their album sucks because their audience says it sucks.
By your first comment,if your favourite band creates an album that is a failure,you must not complain because you couldn't write better music yourself.
Which will lead to more bad albums,which will lead to you start listening and giving your money to other bands,which will lead to the band stop creating music.
So saying "stop complaining,you couldn't create a better game" is stupid.

My point being that doing something original and brand new every 3 months often means rushing into content, increasing the probability that shit goes wrong. What I am saying is that if GGG decides to release leagues less frequently because of constant complaints, then I don't want to hear crap from people!!!!!
Last edited by Mentoya on Mar 16, 2018, 9:39:51 PM
You cant defend GGG on this league when everyone 30 seconds after it was announced said the exact same thing "what a stupid fkng idea, building an entire league around the most hated feature of PoE, vorici missions".

It was the most obvious thing ever, and we had no idea that half of our currency and maps would be taken by net drops at that time and we still hated it and the majority of the forums and reddit made those feeling clear right away.

This league had no place being born, outside of the small handful of pokemon nerds and fanbois everyone hated the idea 30 seconds after hearing it so im still bewildered how this ever made it off the ground. Its just shows that there is very little or very incompetent QandA behind the scenes.
Last edited by JCOH35 on Mar 17, 2018, 12:59:34 AM
Enjoying this league; didn't think I would.

Beast capture is problematic/not fun for some builds. But the challenge of capturing beasts is a nice break from the rinse/repeat clear-map ASAP grind.

I hope you have a vision for where you want to take the game that is something other than nirvana for streamers who want to no-life race to 100 and then whinge about being bored 3 weeks into each league.
Last edited by Sinaranu on Oct 13, 2019, 6:55:41 PM
"
Mentoya wrote:
My point being that doing something original and brand new every 3 months often means rushing into content, increasing the probability that shit goes wrong.

That's why many of us would prefer a 4-month league cycle, but GGG disagrees, becasue a 3-month ssells more MTXes and supporter packs.

Abyss got polished and patched well into the second month, with Bestiary will be the same. So in reality the actual balanced and polished league experience is even shorter than 3 months, more like half of that. The first month is pure betatesting.

Why polish te content in-studio, when you can release it together with a hoard of MTX-es and people will pay YOU, so they can betatest the content. Kaching! :D
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
0. The mechanic of capturing - all in. The idea of beast hunting - fresh and i like it, some don't, i get it, its harder, it stops your murder running. For me just get rid of necro net, erase it, destroy it, bury and never bring back.
The crafting thing and menagerie. All bad. Like literally you couldn't do worse.

1. Not all builds are fine with super small arena with boss like creatures. What about farshot, totems, miners? Make it twice the size of what it is currently not everyone is claw with ultra life on hit. Some people actually try to play safe, use skill to dodge mechanics of bosses and creatures. A small arena like this with mobs that can one shot a 5k ehp char without a problem is literally forcing the new vaal pact on everyone. I died once to oneshot from devourer that did not show until everything (ofc not him) was dead, he came out from under the altar so no indication that he is even there. Why do we have to fight them twice? What fun does it bring to my experience? Why can't it be just a craft?

2. The way the book works, that you can't find anything there, that creatures have stupid names and there is like literally no value to those mods, its a freaking mess. I have no idea which mod is valueable cause i don't see all of the recipes (.. why?). I need to use external info pages to check if i have something that is worth a damn. I can't dispose shytty monsters. I need to pay 1c to protect a valueable beast to not dispose of it unintentionally in crafting. NIGHTMARE

3. Those statistics show that no one is crafting anything beside few tryouts. I did few tryouts that will show in your statistic as well and i don't craft anything anymore (and i consider myself a crafter, love that part of the game). You made it so gated by stupid mechanics, no information and rarity that its literally unusable or at least not fun. Of course there is the retch thingy, prophecies thingy and prolly some folks found a way to get those 6l thingies or better. That will be probably top 1000 players. The rest does not use it at all, like literally not even tries to do it after few of those few crafts at the beginning.

Make few things please:
4.First the menagerie should be just throphy display. You click beast -> add to display, and it will walk there to show your friends or whatever. It uses the display slots. Even after crafting the beast display is there.
5. All beasts captured are like essences - an item. You put 4 items on the altar and thats how you beastcraft. No 1c shytty way of tradeblock that destroys the way you can handle the crafting. No stupid creature number block. On capture you click the guy and he gives you that item. You can than sell it to players, use it for crafting or just throw on the ground if the mob is shyt. Simple solution to overcrowding of menagerie. If you are so worried about the trade, bound the beasts.
6. For god's sake show us all recipe's. How do you want us to hunt for specific beasts if we don't know what to look for? The beautiful covering half of the screen display "new recipe unlocked" can be disposed off.

They say that hell is bricked with good intentions. This sums this league for me

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info