Skill Revamps - Part 1

elemental hit please ?
Awesome!

I have been dreaming about this for ages and I am pleased to see it finally come true.
OMFG It is a time. Cold Snap? Talking about that skill for century that you broke it with your area nerf etc (also there are old almost forgotten skills who need some love like Ice spear, Arc, etc) threshold for example for cold snap is totally wrong, area of cold snap not exist.
But there some brain decide to empower already BiS skills, like for example two league before glacial cascade with "The Long Winter"....I hope somebody will use brain this time instead favorite streamer wish.
Blah-blah-blah..

Do you ever seen boss fights in your own game?

Cold snap with aoe and aditional dmadge... Ofc UElder will be vindicated by 4 link cold snap with 100k hit and cd... and ofc with freaky awesome chill effect.

Barrage did 5kk dmdg/sec. And you need that damadge in UElder encounter coz damadge window of safety is extramly small.

There are only 2 possibilities:

* New skills will be noob traps like a charged dash.
* New skills will be insanely outline from ordinary skills. Like barrage or bf.

Great job. Almost great as bestiary league.
Last edited by Thaerathandel on Mar 28, 2018, 1:22:04 AM
If you want new play styles and new useage of playing how about reblancing how the end content is so they arent all immune to bleed or posion or frozen or ignite or shocked. Scale down the HP so its actually fun to play instead of a grueling got to have this flask with this mod and have to run this build with this item since if not its un playable.

Bring back thorns even. id love to play a full tank/defense build with nodes in thorns.
I dont want it. I like my moltens and fast clear super tanky skills. Stop destroying this game kappa ;p

Why recently everyone is telling me how to play and how is it better for me? I decide about it myself and I choose how I want to play.

It's bad, here somebody groans that fast clear is bad ... here again we are not supposed to play such builds because it's bad ...

It starts to resemble dictatorship ... I want to play as I feel like it and not like someone tell me so why all this again ...
Last edited by Orbit84 on Mar 28, 2018, 1:28:43 AM
Cold Snap...

"
Cold Snap is one such skill on our hit-list. We're currently trying out a version of the skill that still does the instant, large damage hit in a small area (with values increased to bring it closer to the scaling of other cold damage skills), while also releasing a larger pulse that chills and applies a cold damage-over-time effect to nearby enemies. This lets it keep its high damage hit output for those that enjoyed finding ways around the cooldown but also provides notable area damage in a way that makes getting around the cooldown less of a necessity.

It does none of the things listed behind words "still does". The spell is not instant and the damage is laughable. In its current implementation it is suitable for stomping mole hills.

DoT makes cold skills less satisfying in my opinion. Things that die from DoT will not shatter. This also does not work with Herald of Ice very well. Throw in threshold jewel that turns the DoT part into on-hit damage if one does not like DoT?

It is difficult to imagine how this would make getting around the cooldown less of a necessity though. Am I to sit and stare at next pack while they throw arrows in my face until my skill comes off the cooldown? (and if you are going to suggest me using another skill in meantime I would probably have made build of that skill instead and drop Cold Snap)

Ice Spear...

"
the large number of support gems required to let it hit multiple targets make it underwhelming against groups of enemies

shouldn't it be like this? -> "large number of support gems required to let it hit multiple targets make it underwhelming against single target"

I think we are arriving at different problem in this game: all those multipliers turn this game into a balancing hell and multipliers are not even fun anyways. When I got into this game it was things like LMP, GMP, Chain and similar that drew me in, not all those more multipliers. I'd say throw most of them out, leave only few that matters.
It seems like most of the skills that are good are simply that have mechanics that doesn't require many bad multipliers added to make them mechanically usable and can have many good ones added conveniently.
For example Frostbolt was made better by giving it GMP without bad multiplier (threshold jewel) and in the process make room for one more good one.
Ice Spear would probably be good if by adding support gems that make it mechanically good would not come at so big penalty and opportunity cost to damage. It would be better if opportunity cost would be other ways to make it mechanically good.
You should probably better fix spark that doesn't work near walls. The funniest skill in the game and literally unplayable in some maps. Sad that you don't care.
Puncture just looks like auto attack.
Would love to see Frost Blades deal more damage for endgame, it is now mostly used for leveling. Flame dash needs to have the limit of three just removed, to make it like other movement skills. In parties I cannot keep up with other players who can spam their movement skills forever.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info