How we Made PATH OF EXILE: ROYALE

Give it to Leo.
I loved the old cut throat events. That said, Royale was a blast, and a much better overall PvP system. When you die, you just get to restart. You never had to go up against a guy who had been playing for longer and was just killing noobs under level 14 at will.

Killing felt good. Winning felt good.

A lot of people complained about Split Arrow. While it is stronger than other skills, I don't believe that to be a problem.

When you play PUBG, some guns are just straight up better. A Winchester is not going to compete with an AR or a Kar98 or an SKS. This leads to interesting gameplay though. When you do get a kill with the Winchester, it feels GREAT!! Similarly, when I used the terrain to my advantage and got up close on a Split Arrow user with my Freeze Pulse, I shut them down and felt great.

I think having a clear best skill isn't really that bad. I think it's a misconception that every skill should be "balanced" so the game is "fair".

If that's what you're after, you might as well just have one skill available.

Last edited by Seeders on Apr 4, 2018, 12:33:49 PM
If you made the game balanced and added some level of skill or a skillcap to actually be good at it then it would be awesome but don't lose focus on the main game. Fortnite abandoned all projects including the main game which they sold packages for over $300 for and people are left with an unfinished single player mode because of BR. It's alot funner but still just an example.
Bring it back as is ASAP and then work to improve, it will also answer your question whether or not it has enough traction to be its own thing.

Personally I thought descent could have been its own thing way back but you won't know until you test its traction over a period of time.

Improved skill balance would be nice but its hard to envision. To be fair, part of the fun was getting crap skills and taking down ppl with SA or FB in order to get it.

In any case, this gamer and his crew are happy to hear itll be back and are hoping it wont be too long until we see its return!

~T
TeenageEsthetician
ElectriCooter

Playing PoE since July 2012.
It would be nice as race event or after end of a league. Keep it up for 3-4 days.
For me, Royale would have been fun IF:

1. Please ban or nerf heavy AOE-skills like split arrow, frostblades etc.

2. Please deactivate the mini map. Split arrow + mini map = there is a red dot moving: Just shoot in this direction.

3. Why do you build large groups of exploding barrels? Ranger: One shot... barrels are open. Mellee char: Instant death. Just another imbalanced feature.
YES. BRING IT BACK. I LOVED IT.

To increase variation of characters , give 20 skill points at start. So you dont have to ballance skills.
No need barrels,mines could be better that cannot explode with shooting.
Let creeps spawn in time.
Increase prizes.

Regards
Bring it back

I have been playing this game since January, 2013 (with 3 months breaks). This past weekend was one of the best times I have had in POE. I would encourage you to bring it back. Not as a constant game mode but as an event that occurs often.

Maybe do something like only host the 100 man royale for special occasions with some kind of a fun prize attached for winning to keep it fresh and not have to maintain the cost of the servers. Make a 32 man royale, which I think you stated would be more in the scope of a standard load, for an every day kind of arena and attach it to Leo and have different dailies like making it into the top 5, hitting a certain amount of experience, killing three people in a battle, etc, etc... Something needs to be done with Leo and this seems like something that might be fun to tie into him.

Leo has one of the best hideouts, but not many get to use it or see it. I should have Leo 8 in the next few weeks, but it's a very stale grind.
Make ROYALE Sundays. Every weekend on Sunday the game mode enables itself.
definitely YES, and it is worth it.
Look after an overhaul of the current pvp and if you can implement this royale arena to give leo reputation will be huge boost to the game.

thumbs up!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info