Skill Revamps - Part 3

"
Can you please explain why skills need to be balanced with each other in a non-competitive ARPG?

It seems perfectly acceptable that some skills are better than others, as long as they all feel powerful in end game (moving into downright over powered when well geared). They don't have to be equal.

because there are competitive parts to this game such as racing and if not then only one build would exist and the game would die to people leaving due to boredom as large portions of people are meta chasing shills
Last edited by Abysmalblade on Apr 16, 2018, 11:39:50 PM
Interesting.

I look forward to the wand post.
"
yslgames86 wrote:
hey chris wilson stop making us walk one big round of your bullshit, if you want to nerf just say so, the reason you can be so arrogant is because there are tons of fanboys and whales supporting your company. I blame myself too. Ever Since your so call "PHILOSOPHY" it has been always nothing but nerfs, oh fan boys feel free to criticize or berate, I'm prepared.

I blame myself as well. I've pumped a lot of money into this game over the years, and it's just pathetic what they're doing now. I'm going to stop supporting them once and for all. Money is going to be the only thing to wake them up. Who knows if enough of us are going to drop them for it to matter though.
"
"
glopus0614 wrote:
so instead of making other skills that are comparable to barrage, you decide to trash the only single target wand skill available, while at the same time taking away even more reasons to even play bow characters other than a stupid MF Windripper. GREAT JOB GGG keep destroying bow builds every patch... feels great... reach of the council, doomfletch, death's opus, barrage... yeah bow builds will cease to exist with the exception of mf windripper. smart move

They have absolutely no clue what they're doing. That much is painfully obvious at this point.

Yeah i completely agree. It's absolutely fuc$*ng ridiculous at this point. They don't have any concept of the diminishing returns on additional barrage projectiles, they have only had 1 single target wand skill for years.... they have nerfed every single end game bow basically... only 2 bows at this point used... chin sol and windripper... it's just stupid, it would be nice if they ACTUALLY played the game and had some semblance of a clue of what in the hell they are doing.
blast rain see like spell more than bow attack@@
"
Abysmalblade wrote:
"
Can you please explain why skills need to be balanced with each other in a non-competitive ARPG?

It seems perfectly acceptable that some skills are better than others, as long as they all feel powerful in end game (moving into downright over powered when well geared). They don't have to be equal.

because there are competitive parts to this game such as racing and if not then only one build would exist and the game would die to people leaving due to boredom as large portions of people are meta chasing shills

They've abandoned race seasons, so there's no reason to re-balance the game because they run some one off race events between leagues. The people that "race" to 100 during leagues are irrelevant.

You're 100% right about the meta chasing shills, however. But they'll have many choices if GGG would stop nerfing shit. We'll never see how it would play out though. They won't turn the game around.
Here I was expecting Barrage to be turned into a channeling skill.
wait if barrage is gonna get wacked ? that means tornado shot is next ? LOL!!!!! I am pretty sure
Last edited by yslgames86 on Apr 17, 2018, 12:15:28 AM
Oh wow, so they turn Rain of Arrows into Meteor 2.0
Not really like that idea.
The visual changes to Rain of Arrows looks great, with a nice satisfying hit circle. It's much truer to "Rain" now and much less a "Blast" or "Burst". I also like the idea of greater skill diversity, but it does beg a question that others are getting at as well:

If you dethrone the 'Best Skill of X', what's the next Best Skill?

In a game with a competitive nature and tools to explore other peoples' builds down to a fine detail, there's going to be a lot of copy cats. And when people who do not like copy cats try to stray (as I did this League) with skills like Blast Rain, they're reminded (or learn the first time) why a skill is currently not "meta" and you get more copy cats.

Most games I follow "suffer" from players' attention following buffs and nerfs this way, but this gives the devs a very powerful and predictable tool. The "barrage is ded" and "rain of arrow+trap meta next league OP" comments are indicative of this.

What does GGG want? Because "Flavor of the League" meta skills seem inevitable to the formula you've got.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info