Skill Revamps - Part 3

I'd rather you reduced the extreme coverage of projectile skills in general. It's been a problem ever since the AoE nerf.

Sweet.
I've always liked Rain of Arrows as a skill, but because it was just plain bad it was difficult to work around.
But this change looks to be just what it needed. I hope it turns out to be just that.
If we are gutting barrage can we get least 1 other single target option for wands?

Barrage feels like shit but it's your only option, would be nice to have something else!
barrage change = good but not enough. 4 to 5 arrows, 25% to 20% per, its just nowhere near enough. Change it to 6 arrows or 8 arrows, probably more like 8 arrows before youre gonna get a handle on the skill and be able to make other single targets competitive. Why bother changing it at all if youre not gonna actually make a difference? Just do what needs done, half the damage per arrow and double the arrows.

Wands do need some love. I feel like people are going too silly with their "omg they trashed barrage for wands" stuff, you cant stack as many additional projectiles with wands, so its not as big a deal for them, and a legacy hat enchant that gives 50% more damage, or even the new one that adds 25% more damage is retarded. Other skills get 40% increased damage, come on people, stop being idiots a realise how broken add arrows is on barrage and how you just cant balance anything with that in the mix.

But wands need more good single targets, and more skills all together. PowerS needs a massive buff, you could probably do with buffing frenzy a lot as its not rly good for melee, bows or wands tbh, and in general wands just need more skills. Release skills that work with bows AND wands so that its less niche design space, and make them good, if you have to have a different damage multiplier for bows and wands on the skill to make it viable for both then do it.

"
nooneyouknow wrote:
Uh..every additional arrow on Barrage is not a more multiplier, since those all multiply each other. It's a single more multiplier, and additional arrows are worth less of the total damage as you gain more. Going from 4 to 5 is 25% more, and 5 to 6 is 20%, 6 to 7 is 16.667~ etc. It's like penetration, the more you have the less damage each additional point provides, even if they actual damage bonus is linear, the percentage gain is not.

each one is still 25% of the original base, of course it waters down the more arrows you add, thats the entire point of what they are saying and its why theyre adding more arrows to its base amount...

They understand it just fine, its like saying each frenzy charge gives 4% more damage, thats a true statement. Theyre additive with each other, yes, nowhere in their post did they say otherwise, and its clear they fully understand this as its a fundamental factor in how theyre changing the skill, the more arrows you add = the less each additional arrow is worth is the whole point of the change.

People need to stop with the grasping at straws to bash GGG just because they cant accept any nerf. It needs done, you cant have barrage being the only single target skill and if ur gonna change it then it makes sense to change it in a way that makes it more viable for builds that dont stack +arrows. Its a smart and necessary change.

"
glopus0614 wrote:
they have nerfed every single end game bow basically... only 2 bows at this point used... chin sol and windripper... it's just stupid, it would be nice if they ACTUALLY played the game and had some semblance of a clue of what in the hell they are doing.

if you think those 2 bows are so good that they beat a rare physical bow then they probably need nerfed too.

The only idiotic thing they ever did was making so many broken unique bows that completely sidelined rare phys bows. Cleaning up their mess was needed.

GGG this is why you need to stop adding broken crap to your game, thinking its ok to just throw stuff in randomly, make mistakes and then remove them. People like this cant deal with you taking broken stuff out of the game, you need to just stop adding it to start with, take more time and think about what youre putting in. Theyre all being super silly here, barrage needed changed, reach needed changed, opus, prism, these things all needed changed. But you know this is how people react, so even thought you are right and they are wrong, its rly on you guys that you added stuff to the game that needed removed to begin with. People cant deal with being given broken stuff then having it removed, its not fun meta shifting, its majorly upsetting and a source of toxicity in the community. You cant just throw stuff in carelessly and then clean it up later, you need to actually think first and make sure what gets added is reasonable or at least flagged. If you say hey, were adding this new skill and weve potentially overtuned it to get people playing it on launch, we will go back and possibly adjust it again at the end of the league, if you say that right from launch then ppl know whats coming and you wont get bitter people upset its op, and then a different set of bitter people that it got nerfed. Introducing overtuned skills and leaving them till the end of that league is a good call, as long as its clearly communicated from the word go.

Stuff like the shaper stat sticks, why was that added? You know it needs nerfed right? You should have nerfed it immediately, now youve left it this long watch the reaction when you nerf them, and you simply have to nerf them theyre retarded. You damage the game by adding them, game is taking damage over time by letting them stay so long unchecked, and youll damage the game again when you nerf them.
"
SuperTaster wrote:
A possible alternative to Barrage as a single target skill would be something focused on charging up a strong single shot. One arrow instead of many, with the damage and range(width too?) increased by charge time ala Flameblast. Aside from having a more 'sniper' style playstyle, it would favor different properties in the scaling as well.

I like this charge up idea, thats rly cool.

+1
I liked rain of arrows before the area nerf in 2.6 , but i don't find this rewamp helpful unless the additional arrows will have good enough area scaling so they will be overlapping much more - kinda like Kinetic Blast.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
The change to Barrage is a bit weird in the way it punishes the players who put in the effort to close the gap for people who don't.

Also it's not 25% more (or 20% after the change) for each additional proj, only the first.

1000 hours btw.
Last edited by DrDraids on Apr 17, 2018, 1:17:26 AM
Please don't just ignore elemental hit, I love the concept of that skill and all it really needs is visuals for each element

I would rant about a bunch of fixes but iv done that before...

Side note barrage isn't just a bow skill?
Barrage. Support. Gem.
Still lots of work ahead of you, GGG:

- Elemental hit
- Chance to Flee
- Cast on Death
- Freeze Mine
- Dominating Blow
- Fork
- Mana Leech
- Life Leech
- Reduced Mana
- Puncture