Changes to Ignite in 3.3.0

"
widardd wrote:
Please be careful to not accidentally buff RF or SR via these changes.

"
The Chance to Ignite Support Gem has been renamed to Combustion Support. Enemies ignited by supported skills lose up to 19% fire resistance. At gem level 20, it has 29% more fire damage, 49% chance to ignite, and -19% fire resistance on ignited enemies.

Use Flame Golem for RF/SR? Stone Golem with some added fire would work too.
Not sure its worth the links but at least for PoB max DPS it should help...
This new 'Combustion' certainly dont look like a nerf to RF...

Edit: typo
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Last edited by Zrevnur on Apr 27, 2018, 5:25:41 AM
This is quite nice. I like that. You still can't balance anything, but I can work with that.

Theory:

Oni-Goroshi

Tectonic Slam + Melee Physical Damage/Multistrike + Added Fire Damage + Elemental Damage With Weapons + Fire Penetration + Combustion

---

Elemental Overload + Avatar Of Fire + Flammability-Blasphemy + Herald of Ash

Let's go.
Looks good, not entirely convinced about its boss viability but definitely trash viable with those changes - good enough certainly for me to try an ignite char in 3.3 again, i kept trying the last 2 leagues and my god its so bad you can't justify it, even full bleed was better.
MY GAWD!

Garbage change detected. Everyone and their mom will still play garbo barrage or RF. It's not like we've been playing those forever.

We already knew the game was presently developed by clueless devs who don't play their own game. Let's add this one to the list.

(Also, the problem is not RF, the problem is ridiculous true end-game damage requiring massive EHP because any other defense sucks balls.)

Edit: Can't believe the amount of garbo they've been spewing recently. 2 key max mash up gameplay + #no_builds+go_barrage_&_shit. Exciting times! Thank the fuck for Wolcen announcement yesterday!
Last edited by Mischief67 on Apr 27, 2018, 6:06:29 AM
Ok. Now what about creating ice channeling active skill gems?
"
It's cute you guys are trying to make it viable lol

Step one was to not gut the shit out of it in the first place.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Please do something with Explosive Arrow!
This should ignite some creativity.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Seems good, not sure if it will be enough tho... Except for flameblast, that seems pretty broken tbh
Incinerate gets a rework, meanwhile...... still no love for Explosive Arrow...

Yes its explosion is nice for clearing packs, but its single target is amongst the worst in the game right now.
With the changes to chance to ignite, it seems to me like just changing the quality effect on the gem from 1% chance to ignite per quality to something like + X% increased burning damage (coz "more" never ain't gonna happen let's face it) would really help make the skill have decent single target viability once again.
And I don't think such a change would take too long to implement either, though it might take some time to narrow down a decent % number that's still balanced yet decent enough that players have incentive to actually test it out.

What do you guys think?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info