Changes to Ignite in 3.3.0

Incinerate rework hell yes!! Very thx rework ignite better :D I love poe
You could make ignite do 2000% more damage and it still wouldn't be as good as it used to be. At least this looks to be a step on the right direction. Prolif having larger radius is nice, but what about all the skills that need radius buffs too? You know, literally all of them?
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
@Bex_GGG Hi Bex! I am guessing that the reason Incinerate is going to take some additional work is because the skill functions by applying many small, but fast hits instead of a single large hit (as opposed to something like Flame Blast). There are a few different ways to make igniting useful on Incinerate and I am curious to see which way you all end up going. I would like to suggest that a fire skill that is very similar to Incinerate, Flame Totem, might be worth taking a look at while you are making changes to the way Incinerate interacts with ignites, as similar functionality changes (or a different approach, should you choose) could be beneficial there too. As it stands, Elemental Focus Support (sacrificing the ability to ignite) is a mandatory link for Flame Totems, as only one ignite deals damage at a time and the ignite damage is negligible, because the skill functions by applying lots of small, fast hits, just like Incinerate does.

As such, it seems to be an opportune time to tweak Flame Totem too. ;)
Last edited by _Amaranth_ on Apr 27, 2018, 12:36:25 AM
I can't wait till Mathil makes an OP ignite prolif build in 3.3 that proves all these haters wrong. And then everyone will conveniently pretend that it was obvious ignite was gonna be good now.
What is up with Fire Burst from Essence of Hysteria? It used to be an amazing skill for ignite builds, should get some love too.
Is so fun to see how GGG let some builds to raise up enough time to sell MTX for and after that " nerf " that build so hard that the MTX is usless ... you people have to think to give refunds to people that invest in MTX for the builds you fuck up.... and more fun ... you dont think on people color blind when you make animation and things around in game, so most of your work is usless for players but a good time for you guuys to sell MTX ... sometimes i really regret that i invested in any MTX and or suporter pack.

Have a nice day cos i don`t.

Edit 1 ....

Have you GGG notice how do you create bosses and mechanics in game that allow only some particular builds to raise up ? and aim for diversity what a bad joke.
Last edited by In10se on Apr 27, 2018, 1:08:42 AM
at least , they try.....rofl.
better focus on good expension
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
Last edited by xxxcobaltxxx on Apr 27, 2018, 1:04:03 AM
well.. ignite. the ages old arpg problem child. the DoTs

right now ignite is a nice augmentation of damage - it grants 10-20% more damage to fire builds. not much but it is rather predictable damage boost. but thats - obviously - 'not good enough'

for some reason 'the playerbase' demands 'ignite' be viable as a standalone 'thing'. well.. problem is that DoTs are either 'bad' or 'broken as hell'. there is no middle ground - unless the systems are completely separate (Grim Down did it almost right) - but POE's systems arent - fire damage scales both direct and DoT, the same resistance system affects both, heck - the same skills apply both

GGG is literally playing with fire right now. instead of these - risky and most likely rushed and semi-designed/semi-tested as usual - changes what is needed is a clear manifesto with some examples how ignite can be effective to shut up all the whiners (like mathil usualy does proving all the armchair 'experts' wrong)

because if you buff ignite so much that even mediocre players can be successful we will have a pretty broken stuff coming from people that actually can thin for themselves. and hello doubple dip idiocy once again
This is great, and I look forward to trying ignite builds again in 3.3.

Is there any plan to make poison not so awful again?
Just dont forget about explosive arrow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info