Crashes, 5700 XT AMD Issue?

sapphire 5700 xt, 3700x
Had several driver versions, all crashed.
I cannot coonfirm for myself that the crashes are in direct connection with the NPC-Spawn. I had random crashes when starting in act 2, i had several crashes on "the ledge" and also first time beach towards hillok.

But overall, all those descriptions are matching. Video freezes, then black screen without any chance of interaction - no taskmanager and nothing. Then Sound starts to stutter, then also freezes like bsod. Only hitting the reset-button will get the pc back to life.

I read about some hints like "deactivate vsync, change water quality to low" etc, also capped my frames - at the beginning it felt more stable, but the crashes came back every time.
PoE occasionally crashing when Tane appears.

Happened in Riverways and Crossroads consistently once I collected enough organs. Manually calling did not cause a crash.

AMD Radeon R7 370
"
m1task wrote:
Unplayable and the most strange thing is - crashing start in act 2.
btw dont have problem with other games

btw disable engine multithreading and now dont have a problem.

This worked for me. 5700 here as well. Went through about 10 maps so far including old field and no crashes at all now.
Same issue, new built computer.

2700x, Sapphire RX5700XT
####################################

Fixed for me:
turn off amd enhanced sync

####################################
I don't know if it just magically fixed itself, but I dropped from 2k reso to 1920x1080 and so far in the last hour I haven't crashed.

Man, I am really glad to read you guys have had exactly the same kind of crashes, though. I just bought most of these computer parts, and I was going crazy trying to figure out if my brand new GPU or brand new PSU is dying or some shit
Never had enhanced sync on and was still getting crash but I turned Chill off and haven't crashed yet.
win 10 AMD r7 200, I can confirm: crashing everytime Táne Appears regardless of the zones. 200 crashes and counting. disabling enhanced sync or disabling engine multithreading isnt working for me
Running AMD 3600, AMD 5700 XT

̶h̶̶a̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶r̶̶a̶̶s̶̶h̶̶e̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶e̶̶v̶̶e̶̶r̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶1̶̶5̶-̶6̶̶0̶̶m̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶n̶̶o̶̶w̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶h̶̶a̶̶n̶̶g̶̶e̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶i̶̶n̶̶d̶̶o̶̶w̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶o̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶o̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶e̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶n̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶t̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶u̶̶n̶̶n̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶i̶̶n̶̶e̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶f̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶s̶̶u̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶h̶̶o̶̶u̶̶l̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶g̶̶i̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶r̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶u̶̶n̶̶t̶̶i̶̶l̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶t̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶i̶̶x̶̶e̶̶d̶̶.̶

That was too early, still crashes.
Last edited by Totalschaden87 on Dec 13, 2019, 10:47:04 PM
Having same issue as others, whenever Tane appears my computer crashes and I have to reset. Running AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Raedon 5700xt with latest drives for gpu and w10. I tried turning off all features in Raedeon software but if I summon Tane, immediately crash. This is the only game this occurs in, plays everything from WoW, Destiny2, Borderlands 3 and Diablo 3 without an issue.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info