Changes to the Purposeful Harbinger Notable Passive

POE TOS:

Rights: Unless otherwise stated in these Terms of Use, Grinding Gear Games is the owner or licensee of all rights including all copyright, trade marks and other intellectual property rights relating to or included within the Website, Materials and Services (“Rights”). For the avoidance of doubt, and to the greatest extent permitted at law, the Rights include without limitation all rights in respect of all graphics, logos, text, images and all other elements included in and deriving from the gameplay and virtual world featured in PoE, including without limitation in-game names, characters, locations and any virtual items (“Virtual Items”) and their associated benefits or properties acquired or provided for use within PoE.

Amendments to PoE: Grinding Gear Games at all times retains the right to deal with the Rights as Grinding Gear Games at its sole discretion deems appropriate, including without limitation the right without notice to alter, modify, redesign, suspend or discontinue any aspect or feature of the Website, Materials (including without limitation the Virtual Items) and Services.

Every normal person understands that and its pretty common to todays online games.
Most of you need to understand what that means.
Best analogy ive found here is:
"Its like you bought a car from GGG and then they take away the engine"

To be honest , thats absolutely not accurate, a better analogy would be:

"you borrow a car from a friend and he tells you you can use it for one month. After 14 Days he comes to you and says that he needs his car back"

If i transfer behaviour from some comments here in that analogy it would sound like
"Oh no my (not any longer) friend, you told me that i can use it for a month and now you want it back, you are such a liar and i hate you. I even bought that smelly christmas tree but cant even use it any longer..."

You all behave like those Zombies in World War Z when they crush through the streets like a wave of flesh and anger...

One thing i know for sure, when all of you angry people really leave, the forums will be a much better non-so-toxic place.
Thats a good thing .
Honestly i don't really care about the 90 ex or so i lost building this, virtually everything i earned playing since start of season.
I am quite upset although that i invested real money into some nice MTX for my character because i was under the impression changes wouldn't be made to it untill after season. Won't be playing the character after it's bricked so what a waste.
Good nerf to a ridiculously overpowered buff, but i also at the same time can understand people being sad to lose so much currency and invested time on this.

My take on this ordeal is that anyone who payed astronomical sums to make the build needs to understand that balancing is inevitable, it's always just a matter of time and the high stakes gambling is on you individually, when something costs this much to make you should stay away from it if you don't want to risk losing your investment. You are not entitled to any of GGG's property and any payments you made were donations rewarded with points for cosmetics, nothing more.

If there is one thing quite sad about this, it's that community management somewhat mislead people into believing things would be kept untouched until end of league, just before this nerf.

Good on you for keeping the game balanced GGG.
Last edited by Aktinium on Apr 1, 2020, 8:19:58 AM
"
Aktinium wrote:
If there is one thing quite sad about this, it's that community management somewhat mislead people into believing things would be kept untouched until end of league, just before this nerf.

it's not a thing, it's THE thing that generated 99 pages on this thread
Last edited by tecer0 on Apr 1, 2020, 10:06:09 AM
"
Corpsificator wrote:
POE TOS:

Rights: Unless otherwise stated in these Terms of Use, Grinding Gear Games is the owner or licensee of all rights including all copyright, trade marks and other intellectual property rights relating to or included within the Website, Materials and Services (“Rights”). For the avoidance of doubt, and to the greatest extent permitted at law, the Rights include without limitation all rights in respect of all graphics, logos, text, images and all other elements included in and deriving from the gameplay and virtual world featured in PoE, including without limitation in-game names, characters, locations and any virtual items (“Virtual Items”) and their associated benefits or properties acquired or provided for use within PoE.

Amendments to PoE: Grinding Gear Games at all times retains the right to deal with the Rights as Grinding Gear Games at its sole discretion deems appropriate, including without limitation the right without notice to alter, modify, redesign, suspend or discontinue any aspect or feature of the Website, Materials (including without limitation the Virtual Items) and Services.

Every normal person understands that and its pretty common to todays online games.
Most of you need to understand what that means.
Best analogy ive found here is:
"Its like you bought a car from GGG and then they take away the engine"

To be honest , thats absolutely not accurate, a better analogy would be:

"you borrow a car from a friend and he tells you you can use it for one month. After 14 Days he comes to you and says that he needs his car back"

If i transfer behaviour from some comments here in that analogy it would sound like
"Oh no my (not any longer) friend, you told me that i can use it for a month and now you want it back, you are such a liar and i hate you. I even bought that smelly christmas tree but cant even use it any longer..."

You all behave like those Zombies in World War Z when they crush through the streets like a wave of flesh and anger...

One thing i know for sure, when all of you angry people really leave, the forums will be a much better non-so-toxic place.
Thats a good thing .

Agreed. Even if I had the currency to make that build, I wouldn't have even tried. Clearly broken mechanics just destroy the game experience for me and just make it unfun at the end.
I don't think people realize that things like radiant faith or heralds themselves are not auras and were never affected by the increased effect, at least they shouldn't be, given the previous wording.
"
Achnod wrote:
Gonna be fun for the next leagues having to wonder if the build you invest your money in is going to be nerfed the next day.

Broke all the trust, made it easier to stop playing this game.

Yes, if people once get their scam they will stop playing this game. It goes like this every league: introduce "new stuff OP", sell MTX, nerf. Start new league. But now they starting to nerf their OP stuff every 2 weeks. The "danger" is that nobody will ever care what Mathil and others playing because, whatever they playing it WILL be nerfed no matter what, anytime. People will realize that this game is basically a waste of time.
thumbs down
"
Galtrovan wrote:
"
Musketoon wrote:
This could all be fixed with a little play testing. After like 6 years of playing this game, I am convinced you guys do almost none.

These builds are too broken, and really it wasn't even a stretch to imagine that. How are all these jewels not limited to 1? Stacking almost anything in this game leads to broken mechanics.

Bad time to mess up a league considering Im getting free government money and tons of free playtime.

I don't get that either. All the notables on the passive tree are limited to one. Then GGG creates new notables on jewels, where the jewels are not unique, and hence multiple copies of said new notables can be chosen. When I first heard of the cluster jewels, my first thought was, someone is going to stack multiple copies of notables and break something. Sure enough. Here we are.

I'm not real sure how GGG didn't know this was going to happen in the first place, and do something up front to ensure multiple copies of notables were not controlled in some manner. The Purposeful Harbinger and End Bringer notables being abused are only OP because the game allows multiple copies of them. If they were limited to one like all the other notables on the tree there would not be a problem.

literally the same thing that came to my mind. in a game where minmaxing streamers break your game repeatedly you would think these kinds of options would be forbidden. there are literally wraeclast interviews where mechanics like this have been shot down as suggestions in the past because they break the game but they somehow made it into the game anyhow?!

the truly troubling aspect here is how they basically hang Bex out to dry on this and kill her credibility going forward.

hell of a day to come back to PoE and attempt to start the new league. I hope this isn't a botched April Fools joke gone awry. I guess there's no need to invest in supporter packs this time either.

first rule of game design; scratch that, programming. do not allow infinite loops without an exit condition backstop or diminishing to attenuate the impact.

a more tactful solution at this point would be to restart the league in a split. one version of the league to continue with broken eco/build and another with a league specific modifier that disables this interaction. isn't this a prime reason you invented player leagues. so to deal with this kind of fallout?
I'm not using this passive, but nerfing things hard mid-league is always a poor solution.

Just a thought, but maybe consider creating new leagues 4 months apart instead of 3 months apart, so you can identify and fix issues before ruining builds and trades for players in the middle of a league.

Edit: Nerfing things mid-league is actually even more of a joke because this game is PvE. If this game was entirely PvP-focused, I could see this being an issue. BUT IT'S NOT! Being overpowered in a PvE game literally has no negative consequences or repercussions. Someone is op killing monsters and having a good time? Not really a problem worth hotfixing..
Last edited by dizz on Apr 1, 2020, 2:51:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info