Changes to Harvest Crafting

"
The league is essentially standard with a horribly unoptimized and cumbersome crafting gimmick thrown in. Players who’ve opted out of this league aren’t missing anything imho. I’ll be switching to D3 season 21 when it starts on Friday.

+1
Mirror of Kalandra?
"
kuddos for disclosing this and not sweeping under the rug as usual. Wonder though if it wasnt for reddit outcry - if anything would have been done.

This just shows the abysmal quality state that PoE has become in the last couple of years. Blame tencent, i think its just simple complacancy and not giving a flying frack about player base and people.

While some positive emotions did come from reading this post, overall emotion - mind blown as to the joke that GGG has become and its raw bug-infested so-called "leagues"

I don't think it's a simple as "quality" ... This league had a risky design balance wise.

If you make top tier crafting accessible to the plebs, then the top 0.1% of players is going to be making multiple mirror tier items per day.

If you balance it around the 0.1%, then the league is completely inaccessible to all the other players.

It's a hard balancing act. I'm sure GGG thought about that, but probably need to focus more on league designs that can appeal to all players.

(PS. I'm a pleb, and I love the crafting in this league ... just have not seem much of it yet)
"
ama wrote:
"
The league is essentially standard with a horribly unoptimized and cumbersome crafting gimmick thrown in. Players who’ve opted out of this league aren’t missing anything imho. I’ll be switching to D3 season 21 when it starts on Friday.

+1

The good thing about Diablo 3 Season 21 is that you know it's about as good as the other 20 seasons where almost nothing changed.
Unfortunately you don't really seem to be learning much from similar past mistakes.
Build Guides and Beginner Tips YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/NavandisGaming
4 weeks beta test with nothing working as intended - just the usual drill on a path of exile league launch :-D
why only double seed drops in high tier maps?

double it in every tier wtf
Could you please also buff the Withering Touch Support gem? it could really use a higher chance to inflict Withered or an increased Withered duration
I think the best way to summarise this league. It is like playing standard, but with an additional crafting bench with buggy outcomes. Even with these fixes, the same statement applies, as increasing a very rare outcome by 25-40%, means it will still remain a very rare outcome.

The league mechanic doesnt add any meaningful content to the game. All of the recent leagues have seriously changed how you play the game, and what you spend your time doing. I just dont think this can be said of Harvest. The maps feel empty, the drops feel non-existent. I would really like you to take note of the map sustain issues in particular. This will likely be the reason I along with many others quit this league. Mapping is the endgame for most people, but it is gated behind rng, that is really not in our favour this league.

I do appreciate the transparency with the recent post, but remaining silent on the matter for a week has done more harm than good I feel.
I need to reiterate: This NEEDS to be taken into account when deciding if it goes core. I wouldn't say completely disregard the first two weeks of player retention, but there needs to be considerations that the mechanics in the first two weeks were this messed up, by your own admission.
"

The only thing I am wondering: I was always assuming that in QSing new Leagues there is run some sort of Simulation as in some overpowered AI running certain aspects of the Game in high speed and recording some kind of evidence based results. Shouldnt these kind of problems turn up in such kind of process?

Exactly my thoughts. Maybe as someone that never has been a developer of any kind of software I might think to easy but it can't be that hard to simulate for example 10000 seeds turning into crafts and checking if the outcome fits the expected rates.

Sure, if you have to create such a test right after the league is live while working on hotfix it's extremly hard to get it done in time. But normally you should have some tools for that so that it is an easy step within the whole process to bring the hotfix to production.

Don't get me wrong. It is appreciated that you have an open communication about the situation. Something the other companies would never ever do because ignoring player base is much easier.

But it still doesn't change the fact that a lot of people wasted their time in the garden for almost nothing. And this, combined with the fact that the drop rates on the maps are so horrible, totally removed the fun of doing anything in the game right now.

So maybe think about some more changes here. Bring the normal drop rates back please. If you nerfed them because of the harvest crafts (what would be understandable), then maybe add some currency price to the harvest crafts like for the workbench crafting. So you still should be able to balance the whole thing without doing a general cut on map drops.

Running out of alchs, chisels and maps you need kills the fun faster than I can plant seeds...
Last edited by ElzerAdler on Jul 2, 2020, 3:45:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info