improvements....I wish

they just dump more stuff into the game that needs improvement :(
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
MetalGGear Poelid !
"
SkyzzoDeSky wrote:
So, is this your answer to the community's need for a balance in the crafting system that Harvest seemed to have solved? Once again a league with MORE DROP? With "special" drops? Once again your answer to our needs is: "play more, in the hope that the RNG is on your side"?
Harvest has changed EVERYTHING and noone in the community or GGG team will ever be able to convince me that Harvest wasn't a GOOD league that IMPROVED the game.
I can't believe I'll have to go back to using my currencies to buy items instead of using them for what they were made for: crafting.
You have deeply disappointed me with the decision to not implement Harvest in the core of the game and even more you are disappointing me with this new expansion which is just another league where whoever has the most luck will get the best item.
I won't change things by expressing my thoughts, but I will give a voice to the thousands of players who think like me. You are slapping in the face those who hoped that something had finally changed in Path of Exile, without remorse, without mercy, as if you were a cheap troll in Global 1.
I will not forgive you this GGG.

If you haven't played Harvest, you wouldn't think that could be a league like it. Harvest also was very easy. For me (and other thousands of players who think like me but don't want to waste time posting about it) was a one time only league. Also GGG said that the idea of Harvest will be implemented in game latter on.
People like to get OP items in easy ways, it's normal. Also people have brain and can think logically. Also people are selfish, impulsive, want to complain. Also people brain can get easily triggered to induce nostalgia, the idea of time consuming over fun and so on. Also easy farming gets boring faster. Easy farming gets no productivity over time. Easy farming and easy acquiring items remove the joy of hoping for a good drop that keeps you farming and staying in game, playing next league etc. I enumerated some flaws of people brain instead of explaining why Harvest is a bad idea to get implemented in game as it is in present.
People just need to stop wanting in present something that they liked in past, because nothing last for ever, and that "wanting" makes you frustrated.
Yes, it is a game, meant to be hard, but had to be easier because of new era kids and old people with low amount of time for playing. Still, this game is dedicated for a somehow specific area of people, not for everyone.
This league we get to check out the new loot drop system, it might actually be worth IDing rares now.
Better than gardening, I suppose. But in a meta way, its absurd--we basically save the world (Acts 1-10), killing gods in the process no less! Then we save alternate realities (atlas/mapping)--just to get blueprints to break into someone's home?! Cosmic level action and violence, all to commit felony burglary/vandalism?! [Removed by Support] When you guys voted, how many actually thought this league would be a good idea?! Lol!

Breaking and entering is a pretty big step down from world saving and god killing!

As for the supporter packs, sorely lacking. $30 for a character effect and $60 for armor (aside from the points)?! That's weak sauce! Packs used to include all kinds of things, portals, weapon skins, apparitions, not just armor but alternate helmet skins, cloaks/wings. If you want people to dish out the $$, you need to add some value and mediocre character effects and armor skins aren't it.

Yes, I know, skipping the portrait frames and forum titles--big deal! No one pays money just for that. That stuff is maybe gravy for the few that care about that, otherwise, its nothing.

And no, not angry or sporting an attitude, this league idea just isn't one of the better ones, not by a longshot! But like I said, its better than gardening!
Mmh don't really know what to think about Heist yet.
Guess we will see when we can play it.

At least it can't be worse than shitty Harvest.
Last edited by graboubou on Sep 2, 2020, 4:19:15 AM
It might have been the absinthe. Maybe how much I've had so far. I am seeing some things.

Box -> Boxen (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=boxen)
Hex -> Hexen
Hexen -> id Software
Doom -> id Software
id Software -> Kevin Cloud

Is GGG making a Cloud version of PoE? Will it be heralded by an event that will leave us Quaking? I can see that if none of you are too Keen on Chris' progression, you might be filled with Rage.

Dangerous Dave.
Meditating in a darkened mist-filled room with the sounds of ambient chillstep and scents of ancient flammable spirits as I drink myself into a twisted perfect euphoria.
Looks like it could be interesting. Not totally sold, nor totally turned off. Final evaluation will be based on how much we are 1)slowed down (I don't mind some tbh), 2)how much planning really has to go into it for it to be worth the time and 3) how many bugs are left at release.

I, for one, did not enjoy Delirium league much. Too much to the pure zoomzoom side of things (particularly being encouraged to leave vast amounts of loot behind to get the end reward for that area.

Metamorph was the most fun in a league I had in a long time (and have had since). Blight was pretty fun, too, but getting 'all or nothing' on rewards was kinda meh. Harvest was maybe a bit too time consuming, and a bit too stagnant with only one area. I didn't mind taking the time to fiddle with setups in the garden. Once things were set, it was better...but that took awhile to get to.

Those that can't do anything but crap all over every single new mechanic should just find something else to play. You will never be happy with the game. IF GGG cured lung cancer, you would just crap on them for not curing colon cancer. I get that some mechanics just don't agree with you, but most of what I read on the complaint side wasn't even feedback, it was just crying.

The argument over slowing things down a bit, or making a pretty involved mechanic in an ARPG does have merit, but the game has, for a long time been moving to faster and faster clear speeds with no other recourse. I like that Harvest and Heist at least attempt to take it a bit in the other direction.
Last edited by kramuti on Sep 2, 2020, 4:32:08 AM
Not hyped anymore since 3.9 destroyed the game I liked
"
goldenguti wrote:
Well, unfortunentaly it looks overcomplicated, You should get by now (especially after Synthesis) that majority of players doesn't want that type of mechanics, there are too many things to learn, too many things to set up and prepare and then the prize will be a chisel and a few transmutes. Also it looks time-consuming which is also a bad thing. I will try it and I hope I'm wrong but I'm very sceptical.

I do agree, let's hope we are wrong

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info