macOS Official Release Delayed, Experimental Client Available

"Show Contents" , Contents, MacOS and run Path of Exile unix executable. That worked for me guys for the update issue too. Don't start the PathofExileClient but rather Path of Exile file.

:)
You are the best! <3

Edit: although still the same error even after it downloaded a bunch of files.

Edit 2: did that a bunch of times and now I can queue :shrug:
Last edited by Nyssks on Sep 18, 2020, 3:32:14 PM
Looks like it fixed with another patch that just came through.. ty :)

38382 in the queue... see ya in the morning?? lol
Last edited by skez on Sep 18, 2020, 3:36:01 PM
Queue has run down now. MacOS 11.0 beta 6 Big Sur shows a error when exiting using log out brings up a window to send info to Apple. There is a beta 7, but not done that yet.

I haven't gone thought the game much yet. Since never played it before it will take some time. LOL

Last edited by Nightwind4 on Sep 18, 2020, 4:27:55 PM
General failure, error code = 267
"
Nightwind4 wrote:
"
Äckelhästen wrote:
I just downloaded the client. Getting an instant General failure, error code = 267 when opening the 64MB Path of Exile.app

I did not put the Path of Exile.app in /Applications but rather in /Users/myname/Applications

If that has anything to do with it.
Yes wrong hierarchy.

Path of Exile folder should be in /Applications
Inside folder, you will have the Path of Exile app and the the downloaded Content.ggpk data file

Move it there see if it works, the set path command needed it placed there.

Open terminal, type
xattr -c /Applications/Path\ of\ Exile/Path\ of\ Exile.app

Just a quick clarification: PoE doesn't care where you put it. You can put it on its own drive. If you do so, you simply change the Terminal command line to the following:

"
xattr -c 

Do not hit Enter yet!

Note the space after the letter "c" - it has to be there. Once you have the text in the Terminal, just drag your PoE app to the Terminal window and then press Enter. That's one of the beauties of macOS - drag and drop onto the Terminal for easy path entry. No having to use escape characters on your own - the OS does it for you!

So my PoE is on /Volumes/Tia 2/Path of Exile. My Terminal entry would be as follows:

"
xattr -c /Volumes/Tia\ 2/Path\ of\ Exile/Path\ of\ Exile.app

Knowing this little trick with the Terminal lets you put PoE on its own drive or on your designated game drive (usually an SSD). And best of all, should your OS ever go belly up, your PoE install would still work. All you'd have to do is redo the preferences if you reinstalled the OS and had PoE on its own drive like I do.
Hey, guys! Can't find where can I put item filter files. Does anyone know? ;) btw: client works fine. Catalina 15.2. I feel lack of resolution selection and fullscreen/windowed mode.
woo omg the macOS client runs great ! thanks guys !

Does not work for me.

After entering xattr -c /Applications/Path\ of\ Exile/Path\ of\ Exile.app into the terminal and
then clicking on Path of Exile application it does a 27.4 MB download then fails with this error.....

Path of Exile quit unexpectedly
Please consider supporting macOS 1.13.6 - as there are Mac Pro 5,1 (from 2010-2012), which are mighty machines and have lots of options when it comes to graphics cards. I am playing almost every day and can be your guinea pig ;)

PS: I created Homebrew Cask installer for the game; use the following commands from your terminal app:

brew tap pr0d1r2/cask-games
brew cask install path_of_exile

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info