Game Mechanics Q&A

What is the interaction with Ball Lightning and Anomalous Faster Projectile? Is the ball not counting as a projectile? Currently the Balls do not return.
will we get portrait mtx someday?
Have you seen the sun exile? THE TRUE SUN?
Is there a reason that damage done by the players goes through conversions one by one, but when players take damage it's all handled simultaneously regardless of the number of conversions?

Without writing a novel, why does combining Call of the Brotherhood with Elemental Hit, Combat Focus, and Avatar of Fire work, but when I use Mahuxotl's Machination and Tempered by War with Lightning Coil, I still end up taking Lightning Damage caused by Lightning Coil.

Last edited by Illuzionchai on May 7, 2021, 12:08:56 AM
"
Sp4rkillz wrote:
Hi,

I'm not sure if this has been asked, but I'm a little confused about how people apply chill to themselves.

So, the way people are currently applying chills to themselves is by using the Maligaro's Restraint belt which has a mod "Shocks you cause are reflected back to you" and the cold conduction cluster jewel notable which "Enemies Chilled by your Hits are Shocked" and "Enemies Shocked by your Hits are Chilled".

This interaction is a little confusing to me because are we counted as an enemy or is this a broken interaction?

Thanks!

How is that confusing exactly? The belt reflects the ailment you cause towards you. The jewel then adds a second ailment. But the second ailment only works in combination/sequence. If the first ailment (shock) doesn't apply, the second ailment (chill) does neither.

It's like a small package. The shock you would inflict would also simultaneously inflict chill.

I guess it could be confusing if you think too much about the "Enemies" part from the cluster jewel node. But in this case it makes sense if you think about: You cannot inflict chilled on yourself like that, but if you shock an enemy, that enemy is also chilled - and due to the reflection of the "whole package" of shock&chill, you get the ailment reflected towards you.
Why do many modifiers say "nearby" despite having an exact range yet some things like elemental proliferation support specify an exact radius? This was answered at Exilecon but the answer given was more or less "it's a lot of work and we haven't had time"

Isn't it the same amount of work as describing the amount of increased damage a weapon has? What makes this different than that?
Last edited by Vedgy on May 7, 2021, 12:23:57 AM
Any update on PC controller support?
"
HalfSteps wrote:
"
Sp4rkillz wrote:
Hi,

I'm not sure if this has been asked, but I'm a little confused about how people apply chill to themselves.

So, the way people are currently applying chills to themselves is by using the Maligaro's Restraint belt which has a mod "Shocks you cause are reflected back to you" and the cold conduction cluster jewel notable which "Enemies Chilled by your Hits are Shocked" and "Enemies Shocked by your Hits are Chilled".

This interaction is a little confusing to me because are we counted as an enemy or is this a broken interaction?

Thanks!

How is that confusing exactly?

Modifiers that allow your Hexes to affect Hexproof Enemies (such as the Cospri's Will unique Body Armour) no longer allow your Hexes to affect yourself while you have Hexproof (as you are not your own Enemy).

From 3.14 patch notes, emphasis my own.

With this combo, you're not capable of reflecting chills nor are you considered an enemy, so it should not work. I understand that it does work, but with the current mechanical precedent set by Cospri's Will, it shouldn't.
"
HalfSteps wrote:
"
Sp4rkillz wrote:
Hi,

Thanks!

How is that confusing exactly? The belt reflects the ailment you cause towards you. The jewel then adds a second ailment. But the second ailment only works in combination/sequence. If the first ailment (shock) doesn't apply, the second ailment (chill) does neither.

It's like a small package. The shock you would inflict would also simultaneously inflict chill.

I guess it could be confusing if you think too much about the "Enemies" part from the cluster jewel node. But in this case it makes sense if you think about: You cannot inflict chilled on yourself like that, but if you shock an enemy, that enemy is also chilled - and due to the reflection of the "whole package" of shock&chill, you get the ailment reflected towards you.

it's pretty reasonable that he would find it confusing for the exact reason he and you stated; because you aren't your own enemy
Please clarify my understanding about brand speed:

actual Brand Activation Frequency = initial BAF * (1 + Increased cast speed + Increased BAF) * (1 + more BAF from Swiftbrand, Hierophant's passive) * (1 + faster BAF from Brandsurge)

And does faster action speed affect brand frequency, if it does would it be additive to Brandsurge or be another multiplier?
"
davoodinator wrote:
will we get portrait mtx someday?

this! when?
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info