Game Mechanics Q&A

"
nikidino8 wrote:
Cruelty mechanics:

How much percentage damage do I need to deal a monster to reach maximum threshold?

Does a lower DoT roll overroll a higher DoT roll?

Not sure if anyone answered this... but 3.2%. This was answered by GGG on the Reddit post here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/mr1ijx/ggg_please_explain_cruelty/

With this exact post:

At gem level 20, The Cruelty buff provides 15.85% more damage over time to skills supported by Cruelty when the hit does 0.01% of the monster's maximum life and 50% more damage over time to skills supported by Cruelty when the hit does 3.2% of the monster's maximum life.
out of curiosity was the lack of a curse tag for bane and its interaction with Vixen's Entrapment intentional or a minor accident?
Is shapeshifting coming in poe2 or before?
Question about totems:

1) Why is it that my totems' skills that hit enemies with corrupted blood mod apply corrupted blood to me?
But, if I use Corrupting fever my totems' do not apply corrupted blood to enemies?

2) in the same train of thought, why does exsanguinate supported by spell totem support cost MY life to cast but not the totems? In ritual league, I played Dark Pact totems and the totems sacrificed their own life pool to cast. What changed?

3) also, on kill and on hit effects don't seem to consistently apply when using spell totem support. Can we get some clarity on what counts as a hit/kill for player character vs totems?

Loving the league btw. Keep up the good work GGG
How to utilise reduced reflected damage taken and some shifting of incoming damage, because i tried it 2 times and both of them is like, when you running a map with 100-110% reduced reflected damage taken , there is phys reflect, no vulnerability stuff and you have for example Divine flesh and 15% of phys taken as chaos damage, when you oneshot pack of mobs, you can oneshot yourself. How I can use both of them? I understand the order of incoming damage

Pls write on the RF gem that damage cannot be leeched or at least that Hit mechanics dont work on it, or that you cant use penetration resists since you are not hitting, these tricky things to understand when you starting to figure out anything about RF scaling is a lack in a game.
How should i know that RF cant do this and this,there are no lines, there is no actual workable dps for RF on a tooltip, i spent many time figure out these things ON WIKI and if i gonna make a guide, i need to explain not mechanics of the skill, but of the game, since game dont tell you.

Why overwhelm dont work on bleed? Phys Damage reduction very big problem for phys DoT builds

Why rage support gem is so weak, why rage mechanic is so weak for attack builds, i tried to make Berserker with maximum Rage and even then rage support is only becomes near other gems in terms of damage, but still less. How it can be with let's say 120 rage?

Why melee spash for most melee skills can only be used with gem support, no keystone, no cluster, no jewel?

Why dual strike have supid mechanic of insane bonus for full life boss, but for enemis with stages it's completely irrelevant or if you leap slammed on enemy, and skill have bad attack speed bones for DUAL strike build, its unplayable without rage. Why there is no unique making enemies counts always as full life?

Why inc% life near blood magic and mortal conviction is so low? The payoff is too big, when you get a little more life?

Why Tempered by way have so crazy payoff with non-fire elements, it's too big payoff.

How different sources of gain flask charge on crit works between themselves?

I want to play with Balbala keystone, how i can scale 4 charges for each flask except removing some flasks?

Why there is no defence for extra dmg? You can make something for dot, for crits, for exclusive elements, ailemnts, but if the mob have 1 extra dmg from map mod and if its rare with alrady another one, you are dead. Or im missing it?

Why there is no scaling for crimson dance builds, since they are not usual bleed builds, they need some bonus like the more enemy have stacks on them, the more dmg he taken or i miss it?
im using petrified blood and would like to have overleech in my build by reserving 49% of my health pool, the problem im facing is that i have life gain on kill and that puts me at full unreserved health (51%) sometimes, so i would like to know if the overleech stays when i get that life on kill or if i need to remove that from my build to actually get proper use of this mechanic.
also would like to know what happens if the life gain on kill is not enough to put me at full health.
Hi!
I would love a breakdown on how life leech, regeneration and the flasks interact as there are a lot of modifiers and life got a little weird the new reservation this league.
I am not sure if this is a bug or if it is working as intended so I might as well ask.

I built a character that had over 100% chance to double trigger traps by stacking Unstable Payload jewels.

When I throw a set of Shock Nova, Trap and Multiple Traps the first set of traps all trigger normally. When they arm again, only the 2 traps closest to me trigger and nothing happens to the third trap so instead of getting 6 trap triggers as the total I am only getting 5. Why does this happen? My expectation was that I would get 3+3 triggers.

Also, if I unspec chain reaction the traps do not trigger a second time at all. Is this a bug?

Here is a video 1min24seconds long showing the interactions both with and without chain reaction, the character name and gear. https://youtu.be/Atpn-uiRReY

If this isn't a bug, what is actually happening here?
Last edited by Hogaric on May 6, 2021, 11:25:37 PM
Hi,

I'm not sure if this has been asked, but I'm a little confused about how people apply chill to themselves.

So, the way people are currently applying chills to themselves is by using the Maligaro's Restraint belt which has a mod "Shocks you cause are reflected back to you" and the cold conduction cluster jewel notable which "Enemies Chilled by your Hits are Shocked" and "Enemies Shocked by your Hits are Chilled".

This interaction is a little confusing to me because are we counted as an enemy or is this a broken interaction?

Thanks!
when trialmaster buff rate? its alrdy time to buff trialmaster spawn rate!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info