Game Mechanics Q&A

Why does Indigon not work with Supreme Decadence (your Mana flasks do *not* recover Energy Shield as well), but using a Mana Flask does recover your life above 50% when using Petrified Blood? I thought Indigon was the source of the Life Recovery, while both mechanics specify life "from Flasks".

Why does Shaper of Winter not Chill yourself from the 100 Fire Damage Taken if you use Eye of Innocence and ignite an enemy? What specifically is the source of the 100 Damage, is it not you? Shaper of Winter does not even specify "your hits", it just says that *All* Damage with Hits can chill.

How do Saviour Reflections work with Flicker Strike? Do they have their own Frenzy Charges that they copy from yours but can't generate any, do they just "look" at your Frenzy Charges and skip the cooldown if you have any but don't consume them, or do they generate and consume their own Frenzy Charges independently? How, specifically, does this work with Steel Shards?

How does Assassin's Mark interact with Firestorm (or any other multi-hit skill that only rolls the crit once)? Assume I hit an enemy with Assassin's Mark and two others without, is it possible that I crit the enemy with Assassin's Mark and don't crit the ones without? But in general, crits are only rolled once per activation, how does this interaction play out? What if I curse an enemy inbetween Firestorm hits, is the crit re-rolled?

Is there any consistency between which skills roll a crit once per "button press", and which don't? As far as I know, Brands and Orb of Storms roll whenever they are activated, is the same true for Hydro Sphere? Are there any other skills with this behaviour?

Last edited by yusayu on May 7, 2021, 7:46:46 AM
Hi,
I'm looking to find out what the order of operations is for "Damage is taken from" effects such as "MoM", Guard skills and "The Jinxed Juju".
And if there isn't an order of operations, meaning the all of the above happen at once, how does the game deal with situations where the damage taken from sources that aren't your life is above 100%.
For example, if a character had "MoM", "Molten shell" and "The Jinxed Juju" all at once, bringing the total damage from hits taken from others source than life to 115%.
Thank you!
Do multiple instances of expousre stack? or the stronger one just overlap the weaker ones?
like ,if i use raider for the 20% exposure to nearby enemies, and use wave of conviction do i get 35% exposure instead?

also, still about exposure, do the elementalist node that increases exposure by 25% affect the cluster jewel master of fire(10% exposure to nearby enemies)?
For Phantasmal Desecrate Dead, what are the forgotten corpses specifically? Are there any plans to increase this table in the future?
If you didn't beat Uber Sirus with Conversion Trap, you didn't beat the game.
Why not let pinpoint support work for attacks?
Any communication on the fabled "loot seeds" or how the RNG of drops is generated?
"
francorocco23 wrote:
Do multiple instances of expousre stack? or the stronger one just overlap the weaker ones?
like ,if i use raider for the 20% exposure to nearby enemies, and use wave of conviction do i get 35% exposure instead?

also, still about exposure, do the elementalist node that increases exposure by 25% affect the cluster jewel master of fire(10% exposure to nearby enemies)?

Only the highest exposure to one element is applied.
https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Exposure

And in theory, yes, it should work. Elementalist ascendancy node says "applies additional exposure" and the aura from the cluster jewel inflicts exposure.
Are there any general rules for resolving conflicts between the properties of items and, for example, passive skills from a tree. Like "You cannot be blinded" of Saboteur and "You are Blind" of Second Sight timeless notable. "Damage against you is unlucky" and "Damage with criticals against you is lucky", "You are hexproof" and "You are cursed with...", "you cannot be chilled" and "you are chilled..." etc. etc.
"
Gackuto wrote:
"
ryuukk33 wrote:
League after league performance becomes more and more of an issue

Do you test the game using a PC similar to what we see on steam hw stats? i would love to see what do you do to test performance issues

Are you even aware of them?

https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

I'm sorry but that's a dumb question.

Oh wait, Cyberpunk exists.

Please avoid calling people's question, you can say it is irrevelent or incomplete, but nobody should be taken down because they ask questions

Educate me instead of blaming me
Can the Breach Splinters dropped by Breachlords be turned into full breachstones when using the "Unsplintered" Watchstone Mods?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info