Game Mechanics Q&A

The game is so focused on effects doing EXACTLY what they say, it seems like a pride of the game dev, even into "recently" is exactly. but, then we have Nearby. all responses to it it fluid and "we need something that can be a bit undefined.

there was also the "what is a logical way to measure distance in poe?!?"

we already have this, radius of aoe skills is still ingame, most people that it metters to understands it, and the corelation of people understanding that, and wanting to know "nearby" is close to 100% same people.

WHY cant we cant a simple "Nearby(25)" instead of the random nearby we have today?
IGN: Nivius
Ty for scam <3
"
Dik1 wrote:
How does the resist penetration mechanic work?
If a monster has 0% resistance and I have 40% resistance penetration, then I can not penetrate the resistance by -40% or below 0%?

How do monster resist reduction mechanics work? Do they add up or does only one work? For example, if I use two curses to reduce resists, will it be together?

How does susceptibility work with decreasing resists? Will they add up or will one mechanic work that gives the greatest reduction in resists?

How does elemental balance work with curses and susceptibility?

How does the resist reduction from the passive skill tree with curses work, do they stack, or does what has the greatest effect work?

1) It works like with your own resistance. If you wouldn't get any resistances on your gear, you'd have minus resistance.

2) If the two curses are the same curse then it won't work. If they are individual named curses, then yes, it is additive.

3) With "susceptibility" you mean something like exposure? It adds up to the penetration, but if you have multiple exposures (like helmet modifier cold exposure 10% plus frost bomb exposure) on one skill then only the highest exposure will be used.

4) I don't understand "elemental balance"? You mean Elemental Equilibrium? Elemental Equilibrium only works with elemental damage. If you hit with lightning damage, enemy gains +25% lightning resistance. If you have lightning exposure or penetration of +25%, then you practically do the same damage as if the enemy had 0% lightning resistance. If you hit with lighning damage an enemy with 25% cold resistance, the enemy gets -50% to cold and fire resistance and drops to -25% cold resistance. If you have cold exposure 10% then it is furthermore reduced to -35% cold resistance.

5) Increases to exposure work on the enemy no matter if cursed or attacked with a skill. The exposure is inflicted upon hit, and if you curse an enemy with exposure, it gets increased by the passive skill tree. If you however attack (with let's say lightning bolt) and it has exposure on it, the exposure from passive skill tree is also added. That exposure won't stack on the enemy, but if it is greater than the previous exposure from a curse, then it will override it.

Only one exposure to one element can be applied, and it will be the highest.
"

This is wrong, Raider applies exposure to all 3 elements at once.
Does the Hoarded Titanium Watchstone (Chest Have X% increased Quantity) also affects Hoards in the Abyssal Depths or does it only affects Chests found in the actual Map?
How come the alternate quality for decoy totem "Totems Explode on Death, dealing 2% of their Life as Physical Damage" acts like reflected damage? Same as the Torchoak Step boots? The wording is completely different, and it seems implied that you would be able scale the explosion, like every other on death explosion in the game.

Was this intended? or was it just a quick "fix" implementation when the alternate quality didn't even do anything when first introduced.

If it is intended, why add it?
First Question - Mods that counter each other:

What happens if you have a source of "crits are lucky" and "crits are unlucky" at the same time ?
Do they cancel themselves ?

Same question for "chaos damage cant bypass energy shield" vs. "X% of chaos damage bypasses energy shield"

Second Question:
Do elemental ailments work if you onehit a mob ?
Eg. i tried out Cremator Cluster Node and realized many minions didnt get destroyed even tho i only had fire dmg and solid amounts of crit.

So lets say you onehit crit a mob with fire dmg. Does it get ignited before it dies ?

Thanks in advance!
Why does projectile damage apply to toxic rain but projectile attack damage (iron grip, gripped gloves) doesn't?

Also why does shock and vulnerability "increased damage taken" counter "reduced reflected damage taken" so even if you have 100% physical reflected damage taken you can't do phys reflect on phys builds if the map has shocking ground and similar properties?

Why monsters with multiple projectiles can shotgun you but most player abilities can't shotgun with gmp and similar mods?
Can avatar of fire builds ever freeze or shock without specific unique items?

For example, taking generic nodes like X% chance to shock/freeze from passive tree or even Agent of Destruction notable from Medium Cluster Jewel.
Last edited by conantteo on May 7, 2021, 6:58:12 AM
Does your AG get Avatar of Fire if equiped by Vulconus?
"
Wulfstan11 wrote:
"

This is wrong, Raider applies exposure to all 3 elements at once.

This is not wrong, you've read it wrong and understood it wrong.
I specifically said

"Only one exposure to one element can be applied". I didn't say "Only one exposure can be applied".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info