Game Mechanics Q&A

Could we know the AoE distancing for the purpose of (awakened) spell cascade?
Would love to know how much AoE I require for 2, 3 or 5 AoE overlap for any spell cascade'able skill.
Thanks!
Last edited by Unacceptable on May 7, 2021, 12:40:53 PM
I'm not a GGG guy, just some dude with too much free time.
"
valor88 wrote:
"While stationary" and "while moving" mechanics confuse the hell outta me. So when i stop to cast something, im considered stationary?

Yes.

"
valor88 wrote:
if i get hit while moving, but i get stunned, do i get effects while moving?

No, you are stationary while stunned.

"
valor88 wrote:
is there a lead time where i have to stand still/keep moving before the effects will trigger?

No, you should be considered stationary immediately.

"
Paintaker wrote:
Why don't counter-attack skills work with Inquisitor Fanaticism?

Counter-Attacks do not count as "you" attacking. It does not work with otherwise-triggered attacks, like ones socketed in Maloney's Mechanism, either.

"
Artem_14 wrote:
Does rarity / quanity do something in Heists ?

It influences the items that drop from enemies.

"
Devilbane wrote:
What range is "nearby" ?

Depends on the item/skill/passive. There is no consistent definition of nearby, like there is for recently.
Here you can find some examples: https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Distance

"
Devilbane wrote:

Is the "cruelty support" buff affecting other skills than the linked one?

The Cruelty buff only affects skills linked to Cruelty Support. You can use one skill linked with the Support to get the buff and then profit from the buff with another skill that is also linked to Cruelty Support.

"
mirelitbab wrote:
Bonechill Support has the following stat: Enemies Chilled by Supported Skills have Cold Damage taken increased by Chill Effect
Does "increased Effect of Non-Damaging Ailments" affect chill effect for that stat or is it strictly scaled by chill effect modifiers?

As Chill is a Non-Damaging Ailment, it is scaled by "increased Effect of Non-Damaging Ailments" and thus should affect the increased Damage Taken by Bonechill Support.

"
mirelitbab wrote:

Is the Frozen status ailment scalable or a boolean? As in would "increased Effect of Non-Damaging Ailments" scale frozen's 100% slower action speed?

It's a boolean. If I remember correctly, it actually just sets the enemy action speed to 0, the equivalent of 100% less action speed. The stat "increased Effect of Non-Damaging Ailments" does nothing for Freeze.

"
Deathmerchan wrote:
Why doesn't sweep supported by multistrike initiate exert attacks prompted by intimidating cry (it does if not supported by multi)?

Repeating Attacks cannot be exerted. You cannot exert attacks supported by Multistrike.

"
Rafiell wrote:
How does trinity support work? Can I have missing elements proc it externally on a seperate skill? Can an ailment like freeze allow cold to be in resonance even though im dealing 0 cold damage with my main skill?

Yes, but you cannot support triggered skills with Trinity Support. But you can use, for example a Storm Call which gives you Fire and Cold Resonance and Frostbolt giving you Fire and Lightning Resonance to have all three Resonances.
Last edited by yusayu on May 7, 2021, 12:44:55 PM
Does the Corrosive Elements Notable granted by Cluster Jewels work with skills that are granted or triggered by items?
"
nuevnana wrote:
Does the Corrosive Elements Notable granted by Cluster Jewels work with skills that are granted or triggered by items?

As long as the item/triggered skill hits, yes.
Last edited by Unacceptable on May 7, 2021, 12:42:05 PM
I'm curious what, if any mechanical changes will be made to the keystone Chainbreaker in the future? In it's current state it seems completely unusable/unviable on attack based builds. Are there any plans to introduce any new rage style generating mechanics to the game in the future that provide rage to builds which their ascendancy's don't provide them? Thanks!!
Does Ascendants extra exposure from elementalist passive work with wave of conviction totems?
"
WiedzmaZBagna wrote:
Does Ascendants extra exposure from elementalist passive work with wave of conviction totems?

I don't see why it shouldn't. Totems inherit your offensive stats, that should include this skill.
How do the following items interact?

Inya's Epiphany - 25% chance that if you would gain Power Charges, you instead gain up to your maximum number of Power Charges

Malachai's Loop - Lose all Power Charges on reaching Maximum Power Charges

Romira's Banquet A - Gain a power charge on non-crit

Romira's Banquet B - Lose all power charges on crit

Using Cyclone + Cast on Crit + Power charge on Crit + Discharge

Does discharge always consume max power charge or does it never or is it related to whether the cyclone hit did crit or not?
i tried to make general cry linked with 3-4 attack skills. sometimes it works and cast all attack skills, sometimes it doesnt. and some skills works all the time. why is that?

if im not mistaken cast while channeling, cast on critical etc also doesnt work because the linked skills already count as triggered. will this be fixed someday?

and will it work with projectile attacks someday? i think the description should include Mirage warriors each used a linked "melee" attack skill once before dissipating because it doesn't work with projectile attack skills even if im using bow or wand.
Last edited by Midnightblaze on May 7, 2021, 1:12:57 PM
I was wondering why the Frenzy Charge generation from Oro's sacrifice behaves so much differently than all other sources of charge generation?

I shot a video of this a while back, but it was never addressed by anyone.
If this is intended behaviour, why is the wording on Power Charge on Critical the exact same, while behaving so vastly different?

Video explaining my question better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swlAa8tbdQ4&feature=youtu.be

Thanks.
Last edited by c9q9md on May 7, 2021, 1:19:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info