Will Ultimatum Become a Core Game Mechanic?

"
DeathfulDan wrote:
Ultimatum is the thing I most think should go core... It's simple, challenging, rewarding, risky. Perfect.

It isnt challenging, at least from the combat side of things. It may be difficult, sure, but where is the challenge in running around in a circle and hoping you have enough stats to defeat the wave?
Maybe we could have trial master in our hideout? just so he can talk smack sometimes?

I am totally ok with ultimatum mechanic not going core, it absolutely feels like there is too much to do already.

So ... you went the entire league without doing any improvements to the content, despite people going on and on about performance, too much loot dropping at the end, boring choices, etc.

Zero patches that altered / improved the league, like you use to do.

And you wont be making it go core for next ( or who knows when ) league ... because it has issues with too much loot at the end, boring choices, etc.

Bravo.

If you had spent ANY time this league on Ultimatum ...it could have seamlessly transitioned into the next league. I mean, just look at the disaster that is Ritual league? You pushed that right out and it's still a horrible mess that's not worth doing.

What we're really not being told here, is that GGG thought Ultimatum was "Too Rewarding", and so they have to figure out how to spin it as them "fixing the core of the league", while they try to figure out how to nerf it into the ground.
"
Prov1eh wrote:
you let heist go core but not ultimatum? what

This right here. I feel like you guys put in a shit ton of work on Heist and wanted to keep it in the game (even tho you nerfed the holy fuck out of the gems), just because of the labor force involved in it. Ultimatum seems like a way less rewarding system than legion and heist in terms of the loot fountains not involved within the actual reward of the mechanic, and it's a nice mechanic, yet you're not keeping it in. Seems like an emotional flaw to me. If you do to this mechanic what you did to Abyss, it'll just be a useless stripped down version that people only run for specific crap like an ilvl 84-86 stygian.
SSF, because Path of Trade RMTers and bots suck.
Not even the inscribed ultimatum drops? That's a shame.
GG. Bye Ultimatum :)
ritual is for me way better then ultimatum
now fix the game craft... the nerf in the harvest made the game worst (and allow actually sell harvest craft in the site waste hours in the discord is a bs system
Last edited by Mokurp on Jun 30, 2021, 12:28:53 PM
Agree with the design considerations. Here’s hoping to see a better improved trialmaster in the future :)
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
ultimatum is only way for noobs to get currency at a consistent rate... this sucks :( ... take out heist , leave ultimatum
Last edited by LapseHC on Jun 29, 2021, 8:58:35 PM
welll guess what boring continue ggg just hit rock bottom next update nerf again...
the game should be call path of nerf because that d only path they gonna take...
and yea it a joke

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info