Will Ultimatum Become a Core Game Mechanic?

Can't say I'm sad to see Ultimatum go. I didn't feel the risks of ultimata were worth the rewards. The mechanic might've been more compelling if one could see what all the rewards were before deciding to take the ultimatum. Frankly, it felt like a more miserly version of Ritual.

Full disclosure: I like Ritual. (Sometimes I feel like I'm one of maybe five people who do.)

"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
I said multiple times to my party "I don't know what's going on."
Call me surprised. The Ultimatum event is one of the best as standalone mechanic ever implemented
- you can skip it
- you can leave it during
- it has pause
- it has good party support / synergy

To me this decision actually makes no sense. Sure, bloat is bloat, but it had a lot of "pros" when compared with [Removed by Support] Abyss, Breach, even the most favorite [Removed by Support] from previous league - Ritual, which is basically intended to slow you down as fck and occasionally to get reward which you can't actually acquire.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Jun 29, 2021, 7:51:52 PM
"
kiwichap wrote:
Saw trial master 3 times only in this league.
2 deaths and 1 win.
Hateforge being one of the drops made the encounter worth it.

I saw it 12 times, 11 wins, 1 kill. Without Hateforge... I'm very disappointed..
Ultimatum is the thing I most think should go core... It's simple, challenging, rewarding, risky. Perfect.

Just get rid of the boss at wave 10 which is useless. And get rid of ranged ruin on stone circles.

Making the reward better from the trial is very cool. But one single item each wave (without drop loot) will never be enough to make it worth it spending time on it. Unless you're buffing it way too much like only 6links, valuable uniques, valuable shards....

About the fight, being overwhelming is precisely the only thing that makes it fun. Bring further down the number of monsters spawned and i'm ignoring it forever.

I'll miss Ultimatum the mechanic (not this league challenges). The mechanic that's fun, simple, rewarding and risky. Good exp, good density added, good loot.

Once again I'm feeling you're balancing the game towards someone who isn't most players.
i'd certainly like ultimatum to be core INSTEAD of abyss/heist/ritual/harvest/incursion, but idk about adding it on top of everything else.
IGN:skydog
Hi GGG! Wouldn't you like to shift monster density back in entire game?

Well, even if we would have option to fight less but stronger and rewarding (and more interesting) enemies instead of AOE all content, it would be very nice!
it needs a lot of work correct , and the worst league ever is about to end is nice , not that hyped for what will come next , seems the promise of poe 2 is killing every thing we have now .
GGG I hope you read these forums.

The easy fix is to merge Ultimatum and Ritual since frankly they are both way too similar.

Do the small fixes to make Ultimatum's more strategic, and make the loot like Ritual. Winner winner.

Rituals were and are boring - it was only the choosing of the loot that was favorable. By punting the 3 or 4 Rituals and using one Ultimatum you will make the combat more fun, and the Ritual loot strategy was awesome. You will also get rid of the annoyance of finding all the Rituals.

DO THIS PLEASE!!!!!!!
I am ok with it going away.. There are already way too many things going on in the game.. heist/abyss/azurite mine/harvest/blight/rituals/bestiary/temple of atz/syndicate...... need to bring some focus back into just a few things because unless you are a hardcore player you can't expect to get through all this different content. So many items that handful of builds use are gated behind those certain encounters. Sure I Can farm up money and buy them from people that do them but its just too much In my opinion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info