Will Ultimatum Become a Core Game Mechanic?

Ultimatum was a garbage league mechanic, with a garbage league launch, and a generally garbage league. Good riddance.

Might as well remove Harvest too. Now it's just a frustrating reminder of how we had such a great league mechanic ever, and you ruined it irreparably.

It's now just a frustrating, unrewarding, cluttered mess.

It should not be referred to as "deterministic" crafting because it's not, it should be called "slightly less random" crafting.

And as you are hellbent on crafting not being a sensible option to acquire gear, please reconsider your irrational aversion to trade being at all pleasant to interact with.

Less bloat -> better

Ultimatum was (if you consider it without Trialmaster fight) was suprisingly easy content. To over-simpiyfy the challenge you just needed:
- mobility,
- strong AoE damage,
- corrupted blood avoidance (easy),
- hindered avoidance (easy).

And you just run, run, run around.

Good thing is that almost each player could make it to the end, on the other hand: Ultimatum became 'just another event'.

It was better then Ritual, but... lacking. And if it would make other, more interesting mechanics, encountered less often it would not be a good move.

In the end: so far in PoE history, with so many mechanics and so complicated playerbase is is a nightmare to decide what get's the spotlight.
A well deserved end to this boring and garbage league, bye-bye trialmaster, not gonna miss you
3.13 Was the best league ever!
3.18 Rest in peace my beloved recombinators, I'm gonna miss you...
No need for revisiting Ultimatum, just let it die out... Thank you.

Ultimatum managed to be a more challenging Ritual with WAY worse rewards, just let go. Ritual is by far a superior mechanic.
Why are you nerfed Heist? Why you dont do new unique contracts and rewards, and npc?
The most boring mechanic for the last two years... 50% of all ultimatums were skipped, trialmaster is rare as duck, t16 ultimatum rewards are meh...

The only good thing about Ultimatums was not bad leveling items - this actually motivated me to complete them during acts.
I just hope next league they come up with something unique and challenging - like an in-map mechanic where you run around like a headless chicken in a closed circle until a timer runs out. That would be awesome - cant wait.
Last edited by JJJaaaMMM on Jun 30, 2021, 3:32:47 AM
change omnitect (in alva's room) for trialmaster, or rework ritual and ultimatum together and make it info one mechanic
Last edited by ArtaEva on Jun 30, 2021, 3:42:51 AM
Well not gonna miss it. I liked Ultimatums, especially the ones that gave me decent rewards (had 3 exalted orbs offered and fourth one dropping from the loot fountain at the end) but the league mechanic was... um, extremely simplified.

It's just a tight circle that swarms you with monsters. I mean it's Path of Exile and everything boils down to murdering monsters in the end. But some leagues could implement cool and interactable mechanics such as garden building in Harvest, mine exploration in Delve or those heists in Heist.

This league had one of the lowest player retentions ever.
Too bad, was pretty decent when going through acts to get some extra gear. Was hoping at least to have him as npc in hideout to trashtalk me every time i die and respawn. "Is your ego bruised?" hnnnng, yup.
Last edited by Decemberish on Jun 30, 2021, 3:36:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info