Will Ultimatum Become a Core Game Mechanic?

"
ManWithHat wrote:
I'm pretty sad that the plan seems to be to remove the "overwhelming" and "too many monsters" part.

This was exactly what defined and made Ultimatum stand out for me. It was pretty much the only place (besides maybe very delirious maps) where I got the feeling to be overwhelmed by a large amount of normal mobs in the game.

It was extremely fun in how hectic it felt and felt very different from other opt-in league mechanics like Breach, Ritual, Strongboxes, Abyss, Legion, Harbinger etc. that spawn a good but not exactly overwhelming amount of mobs that I then farm for different rewards.

I don't even care that much about the lootsplosion at the end, but Ultimatum was just so fun gameplaywise that I'd be really sad to see the density gutted as it was the main thing that made it unique for me.

100%. Although, I'm not going to complain about the rewards.
must agree, ultimatum was [Removed by Support] (too random, most of the times unrewarding, too unbalanced between the same encounter, too repetitive with ritual) and also too hard to found trialmaster fight depending on your playing (saw it 3 times before left the league at week 3 but have friends who see 2 in the entire league).
Also ultimatum in core means passives in the atlas for ultimatum and a lot of extra crashes and bugs so no thanks. better to have time and do something better with that mechanic or get rid of it and make a fragment for trialmaster like oshabi fight.
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Jun 29, 2021, 6:10:21 PM
"
nnoc wrote:
Great stuff!
In my opinion, Ritual should also be removed from the core mechanics and reworked together with it!

+1. it's the same "stcuk in a circle with a horde of monsters and environental threats", but monsters are slower and spawn in all at once instead of in waves that are on a short timer
Ultimatum was not even rewarding at all

And they act like it was too much loot

Yikes for future leagues

I think both Ritual and Ultimatum and Torment should all be removed from the game tbh
Last edited by Bloomania on Jun 29, 2021, 6:10:29 PM
rip hateforge?
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
"
turtlex3 wrote:
BUFF SPECTRAL THROW

^
I am not sad to see it go, but overwhelming? I thought it was underwhelming both in combat and loot. Dying in it was rare, but no matter how many full rounds I went the loot was rarely good. It was the main reason I quit early. T16 loaded maps and Ultimatum was not the hardest part of the maps.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Forget about this stupid mode, there is nothing complicated in it, except for the inadequate rarity of the trialmaster's spawn. In the entire league, I met with him only once, and then - from such a surprise the game was crashed. I want to forget about this league - it’s like a nightmare, the only league where I didn’t do 36+ achievements.
"
We would want to improve the combat of Ultimatum encounters so that the experience is less overwhelming and more tactical. While we do like things to be challenging, we currently feel that there are too many monsters spawning within the tight space of the circle and too many things going on at once.

Doesn't this apply to the entire game, not only Ultimatum?
Ritual spawns loads of mobs in tight hallways, Maven blocking half the screen during boss fights, massive degen grounds that kills players in less than 1 second you can hardly see, it goes on.

"
We would also want to rebalance the rewards.

What the rebalance means is, Ultimatum offers too much rewards for doing it in a short span of time, compared to Ritual giving shit rewards after running it 3-4 times. Yes so it has to go.

"
For Ultimatum to return, we would want to shift the balance back so that the Trialmaster's offers are the main reward for doing the encounter while also compensating for the item fountain being turned off.

When it returns, it will be just like Harvest now.No thanks.
If you want to kill something rewarding, just kill it now.
Implement more non-rewarding mechanics in the game sounds like the way to go.

"Good" decision making again.

Last edited by suittosg on Jun 29, 2021, 6:21:10 PM
Sad to see this, of the two super-rippy in map events (Legion and Ultimatum), Ultimatum is by far the more fun.

Both are basically the same content, but Legion has the boring setup phase, is more oneshot heavy, and has a horrible splinter mechanic.

Le Toucan Will Return

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info