Will Ultimatum Become a Core Game Mechanic?

Better than heist. Just it.
Hateforge gonna be unpriceable.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Prov1eh wrote:
you let heist go core but not ultimatum? what
Too much good loot, EXP, id assume, especially in terms of pure currency generation. Id rather they remove torments shitty AI ghosts which shouldve never gone core and replace it with ultimatum.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
So, you are gonna rework this, but not Synthesis? why not both?
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jun 29, 2021, 7:16:50 PM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
Prov1eh wrote:
Too much good loot, EXP, id assume, especially in terms of pure currency generation. Id rather they remove torments shitty AI ghosts which shouldve never gone core and replace it with ultimatum.

For high end currency heist had more of a devaluing effect tbh so I don't think this makes much sense.
i love ultimatum, please bring it back soon
To be honest, when ultimatum will be back to the core game later, you can totally put rituals to the trash to make more room for ultimatums, as they are just better versions of rituals on all aspects.
I actually like, retrace and approve that GGG post.
Let it die.
Maybe if wave 10 came more often I'd think different, but after hundreds of fights and not a single Trialmaster fight... naw.

Lame mechanic anyway.
"
Prov1eh wrote:

Heist is totally optional content, if you have a build with poor AoE or mobility that doesn't do well with a lot of mobs rushing you, you can save the contracts and coins for an alt to use.

Ultimatum doesn't really work for the core game because it just further pushes you to play a highly mobile build and run in circles or go full glass cannon and kill everything before it's a threat. People don't need more reasons to do either of those things.

I think its a good call to hold it back and put a little more polish in.

The game isn't exactly hurting for more click-thing, stand in circle, kill mobs type mechanics.
Last edited by jerot on Jun 29, 2021, 7:34:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info