Path of Exile 3.15 Expansion Teaser

Another ragtag team of NPCs ey? Not particularly fresh idea.
Well, well... okay, yeah, I thought it would be a week earlier but that is okay.
Now. Some new skills, I think, hmhmhm.

Who are these people? Btw I really love the voice acting in poe..
Because of these skulls I‘m thinking about tribes but these four people don’t look exactly „triby“.
Pirates maybe? A storyline involving Lilly?
Well, I get an outlaw vibe from them but who isn’t an outlaw in poe... ^^
You should be ashamed, making a announcement first and then posting this crap that doesn't reveal anything.
I even watched it twice, just in case I was missing something.

36 seconds of my life I can't get back. I don't think you understand how a teaser is supposed to work.

The fact that you show some new skills and a couple new NPCs at the end really doesn't fill me with convidence or excitement.

So what is this another Heist league then? Bunch of new NPC with elaborate storylines that no one gives a shit about?

Did you fix crafting?
Did you do something about flasks piano?
Did you buff some of the old skills?
Are you gonna leave summoner builds alone this league and nerf something that deserves it?

This game is honestly going to shit, because of the short league cycles and it's monetization. Fixing design or technical debt is not prioritized, instead you only focus on "new shiny things" so you can generate hype. So people buy supporter packs, without even having played the league and so you can leverage your streamers to sell fucking gambling boxes.

What happened to just making a good game? Just how much fucking money do you have to generate until your chinese overlords are happy?
Last edited by DieKao on Jul 2, 2021, 1:30:03 AM
this is all we get? this reveals nothing. i guess we have to wait 2 weeks for the actual announcement
"
DieKao wrote:
I even watched it twice, just in case I was missing something.

36 seconds of my life I can't get back. I don't think you understand how a teaser is supposed to work.

The fact that you show some new skills and a couple new NPCs at the end really doesn't fill me with convidence or excitement.

So what is this another Heist league then? Bunch of new NPC with elaborate storylines that no one gives a shit about?

Did you fix crafting?
Did you do something about flasks piano?
Did you buff some of the old skills?
Are you gonna leave summoner builds alone this league and nerf something that deserves it?

This game is honestly going to shit, because of the short league cycles and it's monetization. Fixing design or technical debt is not prioritized, instead you only focus on "new shiny things" so you can generate hype. So people buy supporter packs, without even having played the league and so you can leverage your streamers to sell fucking gambling boxes.

What happened to just making a good game? Just how much fucking money do you have to generate until your chinese overlords are happy?

Well, to be honest, they gave a little more if you pause and look at the different scenes in detail.

..., but this is not about that. You touched something I am very passionate and worried about. GGG got this game here, over the last decade, by making a good fun and challenging game. It offered a good alternative to Diablo 3, which many of us Diablo 2 fans are not fond of.

However, from Delve...or maybe Betrayal onward, around there, something drastically changed. The whole focus shifted away from making good fun, to clickbait, basically. Just get enough people in to spend lot of bucks in the first week, and then they can go again.

I hope this league have shown, that that practice is not sustainable. The build-up of frustration from your dedicated fanbase, is clearly evident in the deterioration of the forums, reddit, etc. It's all negativity and unhappy people.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
Pirate factions? These symbols (the one in the end looks a bit like an unset ring) seem to indicate something like that...?
"
YersiniaD wrote:
Pirate factions? These symbols (the one in the end looks a bit like an unset ring) seem to indicate something like that...?

The symbols on the banners, seem to represent reward types. You see them in the opening scene and at the end, with different signs on them. So it is safe to assume you will choose your reward type from these banners, and then face the monsters, probably represented by the skulls on poles surrounding them.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
Ritual 3.0...
I could kiss you.

My birthday is that Tuesday and I already have the week booked off. Your timing could not be better. Can we pretty please have a functional server from launch this time maybe? There were a few really great launches in a row, then Ultimatum happened :(.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info